The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

... and grapefruit sauce.

The information leaflets for a couple of my medications suggest refraining from grapefruit, so that would be an interesting sauce.

I wonder what is so different about grapefruit (apart from size!) when compared to other citrus fruits?

This is Soulful, this is good music..

How did I miss this character? I caught Amos Lee on the "Artists Den" from the Fox Theatre, Tucson, AZ on Friday night, He performed a better version of Nelson's "Seven Spanish Angels" than Ray Charles.

This song is from his last album "Mission Bell" superbly produced by Joey Burns of Calexico.

The lyrics are particularly fine too.....

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Good to chat to both Tony and Mike yesterday at Ally Pally. Last night was a late one after visiting a few pubs with the Barrow crew who had brought their Swiss layouts this year. With the clocks change this morning there will be a few of us not feeling our best until we get some breakfast at the show!

Ian

• RMweb Premium

The information leaflets for a couple of my medications suggest refraining from grapefruit, so that would be an interesting sauce.

I wonder what is so different about grapefruit (apart from size!) when compared to other citrus fruits?

I understand this has to do with grapefruits containing several substances such as naringin and bergamottin which are known to interfere with various enzymes in the digestive tract, thereby increasing the effectiveness of numerous drugs.

Right, lest I forget...morning all - sun's rising and it's suitably calm outside. I think I'll just sprint off to the bakery for a couple of bread rolls.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dom, thanks for the info. My favourite fruit is banana so I don't mind avoiding grapefruit.

Our bread product this morning will be croissant.

I'll be going out to Thurrock Services later this morning to collect my neighbours. They are travelling back from a week's skiing in the French Alps.

Today's weather report, a bit overcast.

Tony

Failed a 'man test' yesterday. Got back from the show and as it was a bright, sunny day, wandered into the garden where I was met by Mrs S with the question every man dreads. "Can you see anything different?'

Good grief! Hairdo? Make up? Dress? I broke into a cold sweat. Help me Lord, give me a clue before I become a total disappointment.

Minutes passed and I had to concede defeat. "I've jet washed the patio"

That was a sneaky one.... :D

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

This is Soulful, this is good music..

How did I miss this character? I caught Amos Lee on the "Artists Den" from the Fox Theatre, Tucson, AZ on Friday night, He performed a better version of Nelson's "Seven Spanish Angels" than Ray Charles.

This song is from his last album "Mission Bell" superbly produced by Joey Burns of Calexico.

I'll listen later. I find it safer to have the sound off when posting at early hours.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Failed a 'man test' yesterday.

I did remember to notice the result of Aditi's trip to the hairdresser! It was easy to admire the haircut, though I was somewhat perplexed when asked to admire the carving that had been purchased from the garden centre on the way home.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just waiting for F1 to start! I'm not available for the next 21/2 hours!

Gordon, I'm glad you manged to see your fill at the show. I'm going to search to se if I can find a piece on Lime Street.

The Lime St thread will take longer to look through than the F1!

Tony

Morning all. Hoping to avoid F1 spoilers until the BBC broadcast this afternoon. I'm not confident I'll succeed. No Twitter or email or Facebook or radio or tv...

I really don't like waking up, struggling to get up and make the bed in a half-awake state then realising you're still dreaming and have to do it all over again.

Morning All, I'm really on the drag this morning, 10am & just got up! Glad those that got to AP seemed to have got their moneys worth.

Now I'm not going to spoil F1 for any one, but it is on BBC news site, "live"..................

Now work beckons.....

Trev.

Guest Max Stafford

I find F1 mildly interesting but I can't truly describe myself as a follower so you'll be pleased to know I can't offer any spoilers! What I can tell you though is that we have another wonderful sunny morning here and I'm sitting in the conservatory with Molly the Cat resting on one arm of the chair. There are stirrings of new life in the garden; a couple of last year's survivors are coming back into flower, the Clematis is waking up and the Pyracantha is sprouting yellow berries. Time for another brew and maybe an hour in the shed.

Have a good day guys. Larry, don't forget to buy the cakes!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Failed a 'man test' yesterday. Got back from the show and as it was a bright, sunny day, wandered into the garden where I was met by Mrs S with the question every man dreads. "Can you see anything different?'

Good grief! Hairdo? Make up? Dress? I broke into a cold sweat. Help me Lord, give me a clue before I become a total disappointment.

Minutes passed and I had to concede defeat. "I've jet washed the patio"

That was a sneaky one.... :D

Very sneaky that - it was much simpler for me when I was told 'I've cleaned the tops of the kitchen cupboards and look at the kitchen ceiling, not bad is it?' (i.e the newly applied sealant and patch painting over the area where the hot water cylinder had leaked). It was but a gentlemanly thing for me to then make the tea and compliment the standard of paint application.

Anyway, after that little excursion, morning all and another bright sunny day here in the Thames Valley with the garden and the blackberry brambles beckoning - again.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all! (just)

Got woken up at 5am by our cat who knocked over the contents of a large shelving unit in my bedroom onto the floor and desk including the majority of my structures I built for the Old Road. Surprisingly the signal box is still intact (although I haven't found it's roof yet!). Others have not been so lucky but it shouldn't be too much effort to mend them. The noise was unbelievable and seemed to go on for about 5 seconds - my initial reaction was that a burglar must be in the room so I was pretty scared - then I remembered we have a cat...

Now to start yet more project work... wish I had time for modelling!

I've just returned from RMWebs forum on Vine Street. I now understand why Gordon was so determined to see it in the flesh.

Any bets on a future project by Gordon on making working semaphore signals?

It really is stunning!

Debs hope the conference goes well for you - most that I attended were hot-airfests with not a lot of outcome apart from those with the strongest opinions and the most vociferous approach winning the day - probably I've been to the wrong conferences, as many of mine were of a political nature (I was a Trades Union rep in a previous life).

:tender: Just back from the conference; an interesting event and under such lovely weather....... I went to conference near Alfreton, and was amazed to keep hearing a Class 40 (Whistler) running and the regular peep-peep of a steam whistle; I was overjoyed to discover the Hayes conference centre was just one field`s-stroll away from the Midland Railway Centre loco-sheds at Swanwick........ :angel:

.......Guess where I spent my off-hours! :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Guess where I spent my off-hours! :mosking:

Er in the bar?

Afternoon All

Lovely day here, but I don't think it's as hot as the outside thermometer is showing - it shows over 25oC - I think I need to find a better place for it. Good weather also meant that the garden beckoned - so a couple of hours tidying up and checking fences etc - only to find that we will probably have to replace about half the panels as rot/falling to bits is setting in with some of them.

Other than that, not a lot, just reading the instructions on what I need to do about my hospital admission on Wednesday - making sure I've taken all the right stuff, including medications - why I need to take all my own, is beyond me - it's a hospital with a dispensary so surely they can supply what I need. I'm determined not to let them do my diabetes management as last time it was rubbish until I took control myself.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

This has been a lovely day over here. Night is falling as I'm typing this and dinner has been had, but I guess I'll be to bed in time in order to be in good shape for tomorrow's lessons.

• RMweb Premium

Funny - last one to post last night, first one to post this morning? :huh:

Anyway, morning all - I'll be off to work around 6.30, so I'd better get going. Sunrise will be in about an hour, if I'm not mistaken.