The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

I'm sure that by reading past posts I'd find out where this is.

But, please, where is it?

Hoveton,  just north of the river Bure,  the opposite bank to Wroxham. 

Many grokles think they are in Wroxham because every road junction in the tourist area is occupied by a branch of Roys of Wroxham. 

Roy's of Wroxham was so named because their deliveries to them of stock were sent by rail to Wroxham and Hoveton station,  addressing stuff to Hoveton the deliveries went astray.  Roy's never had a business in Wroxham till a couple of years ago when they bought the petrol station. 

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Yesterday the seaweed readers said we would have thunderstorms around noon and 6pm. By noon today that had changed to 6pm and 9pm. Having got to 6pm the thunderstorms are now due at 9pm and midnight.

I wonder why I don't have any faith whatsoever in our weather forecasters and haven't had since the famous hurricane that was not going to happen but saw all the local trees lying down the following morning!

Still wasn't a hurricane though.. 

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Misty with a chill wind here this morning.

Positive thougts go to Baby Grace and her relatives along with special thoughts to AndyRam.

We are off to Cleethoepes to see relatives today. All being well I should be eating skate and chips for lunch.

Chrisf..at least your surgery is communicating with you. I still await a discussion with Sister Drac 5 weeks after my tests...you can only call between 8am and 10am at other times it is the medical equivalent of the Marie Celeste.

Have a good day everyone!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Am not pm
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

A much better nights sleep, although the thermometers still show 26-27C in the house, there is a strong breeze from the north blowing through the windows which is nice.

I'm poeting today (at 15:00) as I have to use up leave before the end of August, I have every Friday off.. 

The cladding I'm using to finish the MhRC eaves arrived yesterday, at approximately 11:00, Amazon says it will arrive Monday coming.... Anyway Thor permitting, I have now got additional work to do over the 3 day weekend..

I've just tried to set this weeks system off  for it's cross check, unfortunately I think the software is looking in the wrong place for the correction files... More delays.. Anyway if I manage to get it going shortly, the boss will now have to process the results tomorrow.

Meanwhile I have some 10 G ohm Resistors to do, the master is just settling now.. takes about 15 minutes.. and there 8 resistors to do.. This puts off the joys of more training for a week...

We have a flood in the main lab.. well a big puddle, they've brought in Dehumidifiers to lower the humidity to within specifications.. It looks like the dehumidifier drain pipe has fallen out of the drain in the AC, and some bright spark has locked it and wandered off with the key...

Time too.. go see if I've got the first measurement..

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I once saw a similar thing, a guy in a Ford RS200 rally homologation special showing off (he thought) to the biker gathering at Devils Bridge - the Cumbrian one - one big bang and a lot of little oily bits shooting out of the exhaust,  then bits all over the road.....much laughter from the bikers.

I believe that a small but significant class of high speed diesel locos had a regular habit of putting legs out of bed. The farmers alongside the ECML grew used to ploughing up pistons.

Jamie

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the skin is blue, but with a few large white fluffy things about as well. Looking at the patio you would never have known it chuckeditdarn last night, as the rain has gone! I had a terrible night last night, despite the ceiling fan being on all night it still took a couple of hours to cool down enough to get to sleep. Needless to say I won’t be tackling any hard jobs today, just painting the wall behind the radiator in the bathroom, then I’ll re-fit the radiator after dinner. 

It’s lovely and cool in the cellar, so time to go and sit down there for a few hours.

Dave, I hope you can get your shed dried out! Floods are an awful thing to have to deal with, 8 years ago during weather a bit like we’re currently experiencing, we had a heavy downpour and ended up with 12 - 14 inches of water in the cellar!

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17