The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the weather forecast.  eEarlier today we were forecast thunder & lightning for the hour 18.00-19.00 - that is no longer forecast.  in fact we aren't now forecast any until tomorrow morning.  Which probably explains why there is currently thunder all around us and a nice wind blowing, the latter usually being a portent of rain of course.  Strangely the pretty moving map thingy on the Met Office site predicts instant inundation in the coming couple of hours but the analogue (well it is just numbers) forecast says only a 10% - 20% chance of rain.  

I'm not sure if I'm confused but clearly the recently harvested crop of seaweed in Exeter must be well and truly bladder(ack)ed..

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday the seaweed readers said we would have thunderstorms around noon and 6pm. By noon today that had changed to 6pm and 9pm. Having got to 6pm the thunderstorms are now due at 9pm and midnight.

I wonder why I don't have any faith whatsoever in our weather forecasters and haven't had since the famous hurricane that was not going to happen but saw all the local trees lying down the following morning!

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Richard II had a not too good stay

He had a marvellous time, enjoyed it so much he never left...  serves the right, we’ll have none of this ‘serfs you were and serfs you remain’ nonsense, thank you.    Not that the usurping bast*rds that followed him were much better, mind; at least he never actually murdered anyone...  

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

After reading all the weather problems, I feel bad relating that today will be a max of 24C and 12C or thereabouts tonight and no humidity, in fact early this morning I turned the heat on for a while!:o  However its going to get hot for a couple of days next week; A/C weather!  I'm always surprised that its still not more prevalent back home especially with the prospect of continued global warming.  We're glad of it right now!  Otherwise chaos reigns in the good ole US of A as usual, covid adds to the strife.  Bars and restaurants open and close every few weeks, no sports this year supposedly, which is no big loss!  Our leader is lost and his potential replacement takes on a controversial deputy, but hopefully there will be some improvement to this country's standing in the world for a few years to come and peace returns to its cities.

Brian.

• Like 16

Evening all, after the early morning bin run, I eventually surfaced at the back of 8 and thought the railway was quiet, presuming there would be some sort of weather related problem as the monsoon was as bad as I have ever seen here, not knowing what had happened at Stonehaven. From the images on the tv, I don't know exactly where the incident is, but from Muchalls bridge down to Stonehaven is mostly bridges and either deep cuttings of very high elevated track, the trains almost look air borne it that area, very close to the sea and quite exposed to the elements. I haven't actually travelled on the train north of me, only south to Edinburgh or west to Glasgow, we usually drive to Aberdeen, I used to work in Aberdeen and travelled there every day at one time, not a place I visit that often.

• Informative/Useful 18

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. The thunderstorms seem to be avoiding this part of the world, good thing that we don't get a deluge but bad as its still hot and sticky. Temperature indoors is still 29 c. despite the fan.

• Friendly/supportive 14