The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Happy anniversary Andy!

Strange sort of day. Finally got through to the Leeds General Infirmary Cardiology dept.  Nothing on record so...dont worry about it they said..Nice to know but it has been on my mind since March..

After cleaning duties were completed I have managed to do very little today.

TTFN

Baz

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

So long as Wigan don’t win their appeal against points deduction we made it. Seven points from safety when football started after lockdown. First time this year we’ve been outside relegation zone and the only time that it mattered.

. Hurt my wrist in punching air, but that doesn’t matter now!

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

HA Andy P.

HB Keith.

Two more days off catching up for non-stop working during the more severe parts of lockdown.

Golf is planned tomorrow - weather permitting as the forecast here is of the damp kind.

(Junior NB has suddenly found enthusiasm for the game and has arranged this round)

Sat/Sun is a 2-day competition that was postponed from a couple of weekends ago.

As a result, Brownie points are on a downward trend, although Friday may stop the slide if the promised delivery of flat-pack furniture turns up and I set to work on it. And some kitchen redecoration is accomplished tomorrow before/after the walk with the golf clubs.

Going back to my work distraction, the strong rumour is that one of the locos will be replaced this weekend. Being off work for the next two days, I thought I'd take the opportunity to catch up with it on the last departure I'll see. (This is the 9th time I've seen/heard it and this was the best so far)

Enjoy.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

. I like swimming, especially open water, I’ve really missed that this year and would love to be near the sea!

Goodnight all. 

There's quite a few open water locations open. Junior NB has been to the one at Sale water park quite a few times in the past 4 weeks or so.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 5

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

How we miss them, nothing quite like English early small potatoes but you can't get them over here for some reason. 

Nah - early Ayrshires are what you want. I’m surprised you can’t get new potatoes. We have no problems getting them here.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5