The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Warm and cloudy here.

My first task today is a trip to the the station. Aditi is going to a meeting near Green Park today so she won't be driving in.

Not too sure about what else I'll be doing, I suspect that I should do some light dusting or vacuuming.

Mick, I don't have a daughter but I have observed the odd conflict. Fortunately mother/son arguments here seem to be over unimportant things like philosophy or putting stuff in cupboards.

Pete, if I had a dream last night I can't remember it!

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

Morning all! I had to google that too...

It's a bit windy outside but not too damp by the looks of things. Against all logic, I'm hoping I'll be able to collect my glasses today (15 days now since eye test).

Tomorrow will be a drive to Durham, then back up to Glasgow on Sun morning to go to Glasgow Show.

• RMweb Gold

morning all,up since 5.30 help missis with our first born,in car then to work,its very mild this morning,been at work since 7.30,countdown till 5.00!! broken volvos all over!

Hi

Are the broken Volvos at your place of work or littering the roadside on the journey?

Tony

Edited by Tony_S

Guest Max Stafford

FIAT all sorted for another year. MoT was passed with advisories and the repairs needed have been carried out. Need a new FOS tyre, but I'll get that shortly. Cost me not far off £600 in total but the work's all done now. Damn that pheasant!

More greyness here this morning but I'm trying to shoo it along to the south where it's needed before it starts leaking!

Maybe a chain of desalination plants along the south coast would address the problem somewhat?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe a chain of desalination plants along the south coast would address the problem somewhat?

Nuclear powered ones? Though traditionally in Essex the salt is sold and the water evaporated.

• RMweb Gold

It is so warm in the conservatory in our house that it could perhaps be mistaken for summer - I had forgotten how much better summer weather makes me feel!

Shame it isn't actually summer though..

As for mother/daughter arguments, don't even go there!! I've listened to far too many and god does it put everyone in a stressy mood even if you're not even in the argument!

• RMweb Premium

Water is a cheap comodity that is expensive to move while electricity is an expencive comodity that is cheap to move (reletlivly)

Laurence

Ah a new ER - welcome Laurence to the mad world of informed comment and debate pointless drivel that is ERs.

Afternoon All

Warm today, but still dreich - I wonder how the sensationalist weather reporters in the red tops will describe this - "killer warm dreichness"?.

Pete - just a thought about your odd dream about antiques - you were talking about your late friend Barry recently, and of course he was an antiques expert in his day job, so perhaps this is your mind sorting something out related to him and your references to him recently - just a thought.....

Anyway..

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

So, this is us in Leipzig once again, and after a rather filling Greek dinner I'm sure I'll be dropping onto our bed later on. Nothing spectacular on our trip here, but as I got almost all of the tram network explored by now, I'd have to think where I might yet go spotting!

• RMweb Gold

the more compicated they make em the more they break.......still it seems just about the same on all cars now!

It isn't only that they are complicated some of them seem to have complicated access to parts that should be accessible like headlamp bulbs.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Have been up since silly o'clock and now off to Durham to catch a train to Manchester. I wonder if it will be raining there.

No code so my dose is not bunged up at all.