The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

How would we recognise each other? How did you know it was BoD, Dave?

Me, I'm easy, tall, tanned, tart hanging off each arm etc., only kidding Mrs. Mick!

Best, Pete.

Easy , knitted bobble hats , anoraks , bottle of tizer and sandwiches in a bag .

Oh , and a note book and pen .

:jester:

• RMweb Premium

I think that given Dave's occupation, it would be easier for us to recognise him than vice versa when he's on duty and as his patch i( I believe) includes Carlisle station, then that would probably be how BoD managed to identify him.

As to knowing who's who - I really don't know unless we were to have a secret RMWeb signal or password - which would probable make us look right idiots to the uninitiated LOL.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Stewart is right. Dave was on dooty. I thought it was him from a picture I remember someone posting way back on RMweb v1.0.2 - I wasn't sure but when I noticed him 'tending his flock' at the end of platform 2 I introduced myself (and to think my mum always told me never to speak to strange men). Just as well it was him though otherwise I'd have had some explaining to do. As he said, it was good to meet a 'member of the gang'.

Don. I went from Durham to Carlisle via Leeds and the scenic Settle & Carlisle line. Unlike Dave's favourite, the Waverley, ths one has fortunately escaped threats of closure. I can buy a day rover ticket which covers the East Cost main line, the S&C and the Tyne Valley line, another pleasant run from Carlisle back to Newcastle (and Durham). With a couple of hours on Carlise station a thoroughly enjoyable day out. I think I can remember you describing going on your train journey. Or am I imagining things? Whatever, it sounds a great pity that they discontinued it.

Edited by BoD

Morning All,

TGIF! It has been a busy week. Thought I would drop in and say good morning before I take the little guy to school.

On the subject of Land Rovers, I have always thought the Freelander was a rather pleasant looking vehicle. I am not sure about its off-road abilities, but it looks nice enough. My cousin has a Discovery - and a useless thing it is too. It seems to be off the road most of the time, and has some sort of curious air suspension. Maybe better for the occupants, but one of the beauties of the original Land Rover (and the Defender) was its simplicity.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all..

I was just wondering that if any of you guys should pay a visit to this country, would we agree on an English password or a German one if we were planning to meet up? :D

It's a somewhat balmy 3°C outside and I'll get ready to head for uni in a few. I think I should be back by noon.

Cheers everyone, and TGIF...

• RMweb Gold

Hello, I believe it is still morning.

Aditi is on holiday today, her college doesn't have "school" holidays but she has taken a days leave. This was originally to give herself time to do the corrections to her dissertation but as they were technical rather than intellectual it didn't take long. Excellent customer support from the people she spent about £80 for some software nearly four years ago.

We started the day with a visit to the doctors as Aditi needed to have her diabetes treatment reviewed. All was OK (in fact much improved).

I didn't go in, I parked the car and waited outside. Being somewhat immuno-suppressed I don't want to sit with a lot of ill people. This at least enabled me to observe what passes for parking. It was very cruel but one person's attempts to park a Toyota Avensis alongside me (I wasn't taking up lots of space in a 4x4, I was in the Clio) could have been on one of those You Tube videos.

Tony