The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Today - SURPRISE, final got my renewed drivers license that is "Real ID" certified, pity there's nowhere to travel right now.

To the best of my knowledge, we're still not able to get them - they weren't originally supposed to be available in Oregon until June or July. Once the TSA deadline was extended due to the present emergency, I imagine the state Department of Motor Vehicles will act like procrastinating teenagers, who being given a project deadline extension will wait until it is due to do anything instead of profiting through the extra time.

• Like 4
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

37 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

MN legislature finally got off their dead arses late last year and finally pushed it through, I needed to renew my license for the address change. I'm just surprised they actually managed to get it to me in 8 weeks, not the 10+ weeks they stated in Feb., I went in to renew before the sh!t hit the fan...

I fly so infrequently now I'm not going to "jee ma ginger". I'll just carry my passport.

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

... the 'leader of the free world' has suggested drinking disinfectant to tackle the virus - strange man, hope he tries it. 

1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Afternoon... late, but I've an excuse, I was out trying to buy disinfectant and syringes

What do I know? I'm not a doctor. I'm not a doctor, but what do you have to lose?

Sounds like today is a good day to try to patent that subcutaneous UV projector I invented.

Someday someone will reuse this famous line from Back to the Future:

Then tell me, future boy, who's President of the United States in 1985?

Only the date will be changed to 2020. The difference is that in 1985 this was funny.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

There is no disinfecterant on tomorrow’s Ocado order. 

Sir Inges comes under the heading of “Once a knight always a knight but this is one prick too many”. 

• Like 4
  • Funny 14

10 minutes ago, polybear said:

I do a similar thing with 1p, 2p, 5p and 10p's; the proceeds go to charity.

I weigh and bag the coins ... and today I took the lot down to the local bank ... Amazing how all that "dross" can add up.

Plus ça change? ;)

In grade school (grades one or two) my son made a papier-mâché piggy bank. It was quite sturdy and around the size of a rugby football or slightly larger. At the time, the teacher humourously suggested to the pupils that it might help pay for their college when full. I filled it with loose change and it's really quite heavy, but I haven't performed the numismatectomy. It won't pay for a university education, but it should add up.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl, 

At the MrCH tonight's viewing was lots of Columba palumbus,  a singular alectoris rufa,  and some corvids... I said corvids not covids.  Earlier today there were two owls calling to each other across the garden. 

Ben the choosy Collie decided to stay in the house this evening and not to hide in the MrCH. 

Not much done to the unmentionable this evening as it hadn't set properly.. I suppose i could have made some  Fence posts, but I need more mojo to make 150 of them

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1