The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

On the subject of vaccinations there was a news feed this afternoon reporting another study that again said that there is no link between MMr and autism, Will the anti vax people shut up now? Pigs flying past seem more likely

• Like 10
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Isn't there a Virgin banking arm?

I don't think Branson has anything to do with it any more (other than perhaps getting a fee for using the name).

Clydesdale Bank group (Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks) are, for reasons best know to themselves, intending to rebrand themselves as Virgin Money later in the year.

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 6

A positive corona story here...

Our flu season has started,  and by this time last year we had19.000 confirmed cases.

This year, with the lockdowns, focus on  hand-washing etc and increased flu vaccinations the current infection total is 95.

Also fuel is now below a buck a litre, taunting everyone who isn't allowed to drive anywhere.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

27 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

On the subject of vaccinations there was a news feed this afternoon reporting another study that again said that there is no link between MMr and autism, Will the anti vax people shut up now? Pigs flying past seem more likely

Anti vaxers are a group unto themselves and what they believe in.  Who in their right mind would believe their nonsensical reasons for not having their children vaccinated!:angry:

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Agree 15

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

I notice a former workplace has had an unusually high ( for them) amount of rain this year... 

Saudi Arabia.... 

That'll confuse the locals.. 

Raining in more ways than one I imagine. Crude oil futures went down to MINUS $40 dollars on the US Stock Exchange today. They are running out of places to put the stuff.

• Like 2
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium

I was in Saudi during a previous price crash,  down to below 10 dollars a  barrel.  I was working indirectly for the Saudi military.  We couldn't get parts for simple things like a fan belt for the industrial air conditioning.  The local shops wouldn't take promissory notes from the military.. 

Yes we get the dust on every thing especially if we are surrounded by rape seed fields which this year we are not.  The other source is Saharan dust if there is a constant southerly for some time. 

Though at the moment it's dust off the road,  I was out with Ben yesterday and the dust men went past, and dust was The word as it sucked the dust off the road leaving a choking cloud. 

This year crops are barely out of the ground around us, there is a big piece of machinery going up and down planting at this very moment . The nearest field with rape which is in full flower is over half a mile away. 

Ben the alarm clock Collie has taken me on patrol,  it's slightly warmer at the moment, the wind has shifted slightly so it's now east south east. 

Time for porridge flavour of today.. Chocolate 

Gwiwir I suppose you could want me to muddle that on the railway cuttings I'm doing at the moment 

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I've accidentally ordered two identical model locomotives where I only wanted one. The supplier was kind enough to accept a return, though reasonably, the return post was at my expense.

I had the opposite from a well known retailer in the UK where I ordered and only paid for one coach but they sent me two. Being the honest sort of person that I am I contacted them but instead of sending a freepost label (that they do for faulty goods return) they told me to pay postage keep the receipt incase it got lost in the post  otherwise they would charge me for it. I decided that I could do with another and to save the hassle, I  paid for it but I havent used them since and not likely to be so honest in future as they were making it my problem.

Morning all

Been in the shed before sun up to give an Ivatt tank a running session plus fit white metal ash pans to 'Lynmouth' as I had missed doing the alteration in the past and once its set that will be painted and given another run.

20200419_105059.jpg.3668fb87e3b41ea27d680aaad7a19e44.jpg

This morning its the shopping dleivery to Mum. She writes it down during the week then reads it over the phone which goes somethink like ' potatoes, washing up liquid, mince meat, tea bags, apples, eggs, lamb chops, baked beans, milk, carrots, coffee.....' basically all over the store, so I now divide the sheet of paper up into categories and try to write them down in the order that I will be passing through the aisles. Now I know why it takes her a long time to shop in pre Covid days. I phoned her afterwards to say no eggs in store then she said that she forgot to add chicken. So when I get to Mums my first task is to head to the local Co-Op where I used to work many moons ago after school while she empties the food dropped at the door. She is in her late 80's so I forgive her and time isn't an issue at present as long as I am not being followed by local plod. Luckily I have only seen them stopping people in the park and taping over all the seats there to stop people using them.

Whne I get back home it will be running more trains in the garden and beer o'clock. Yesterday was a dry day and likely to be the only one this week. ordered anotehr box of beers this tiem from Isle of Sky brewery as they do a red and also a black ale.

I am tempted to order a Perfect Draft machine after talking with AndrewC who is also interested in getting one. I have seen these in the USA before but does anyone on here have any experiance of them as they ain't cheap but I am keen on Leffe Bruin which they also do in a mini keg.

https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/perfectdraft-magic-rock-starter-bundle#reviews

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Morning all, having woken before it did - the alarm is now urging me to get mi @rse in gear.......

Hope the day brings all that you hope for; for me it's a stress fee visit to the local supermarket.

Edited by leopardml2341
Effin autocorrect
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 3