The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Probably crapped out!

Either that, or they needed to transfer several pieces of departmental stock anyway and just stuck them all together. Also, they might have required more power than the 714 itself can provide for a measuring run of some kind.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - won't say good as the heating is hors de combat yet again and we've had a light frost but that sounds nowhere near as bad as Mick's weekend so fingers crossed for better things there. Fortunately herself puts up with me fairly well for most of the time and rarely looks too hard for smuggled in boxes or bags of books (although she does moan about piles of books and toolboxes etc on the floor in several rooms :O )

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for your opinions, lest I forget to mention it! I'll have to check some shops for quotes on either model before I might end up making a decision. The 156's a tad more expensive than the 1144, though.

Mick, just in case - our posts this morning crossed and you were done more quickly than I was, so I added my thoughts about what you wrote when I saw it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning Afternoon All, Sorry to hear things still aren't going your way Mick. Gotta be your turn soon!

The golf club I'm a member of obviously encourages lunatics. There were 30 nutters stood around at 8.15 watching the snow fall waiting to tee off! Certainly it's the first time I've played golf while it's snowing! Luckily it cleared up and the sun came out after a few holes.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning Afternoon All, Sorry to hear things still aren't going your way Mick. Gotta be your turn soon!

The golf club I'm a member of obviously encourages lunatics. There were 30 nutters stood around at 8.15 watching the snow fall waiting to tee off! Certainly it's the first time I've played golf while it's snowing! Luckily it cleared up and the sun came out after a few holes.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Presumably your balls aren't white then Dave?

Guest Max Stafford

Sorry to here of your woes Mick and I do hope things improve. Any and all of us are here and available via PM if you feel the need to offload. After all, it's a service you yourself have been kind enough to offer in the past, so chin up man, you're with pals here!

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Didn't sleep very well this past night, which I guess had to do with the dinner I had. So much the better that I won't be at uni for too long today...

Be back later when (or should that be "if"?) I'm more awake.

Cheers everyone...

Morning all,

Now that looks like the photos from my phone, they're OK on the phones screen, put when loaded to the laptop, they're like looking through a letter box slot......

Hey-ho, it's the end of another month, were does time go?

Have a good un all,

Trev.

Morning All,

It is around -1°C here this morning, with a really biting wind.

Hmmm - Edinburgh Trams, surely Princes Street isn't finally actually finished is it?!?

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

It is around -1°C here this morning, with a really biting wind.

Thanks for the warning, Robert. It's about -3° up here, and will thus most likely feel even colder if it should be windy as well.

Hmmm - Edinburgh Trams, surely Princes Street isn't finally actually finished is it?!?

No such luck. That's the tram depot out by the RBS headquarters at Gogarburn. It's already been handed over to the council (so they'll probably do something stupid with it in the meantime). I notice there are at least 3 trams there, possibly 4. Which seems a bit pointless when it's going to be a good couple of years still before the dratted things go anywhere. (I did support the trams initially but not any more. The overspend, mismanagement and cutting back of the line so it doesn't serve several bits of Edinburgh already massively inconvenienced by the work has really turned me against the project)

Rant over...

Morning all! Off to a retirement lunch today, one of our staff has taken an early retirement package (not very early though, think he was due to retire in September). Our office has been fairly decimated by the voluntary exit scheme but at least there are no compulsory redundancies at least until August, and they're hoping to extend that.

FedEx tried to deliver my parcel at 1pm yesterday so I went along to their depot after work and collected it from them.

Looks dry and hopefully not too frosty out there today. Have a good Tuesday all. And at least we're over 1/6th of the way to the longest day!

• RMweb Premium

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling down, Mick. I can imagine it to be difficult not to do so, but try not to blame yourself for whatever it may be you're being accused of.

It really is bitingly cold, Robert! However, the sunrise is rather pretty...