The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well I'm surprised to say that we have a strange yellow object in the sky! 

Breakfast has been consumed and I'm about to head down to the cellar and continue working on the shelving that I've been painting. Hopefully I'll have the first bit erected by the end of the day. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. ChrisF, Tess Coes have been producing bread pudding for some time now. Problem is that supplies are intermittent and it flies off the shelves. Last time I managed to get the last one and it was still warm from the oven. When I was on blood pressure medication I was told not to use aspirin and use paracetamol instead. I've noticed that Lem-sip contains sodium which is the active ingredient in salt that raises blood pressure. Now tea is to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

It isn’t the paracetamol it is  the Phenylephrine I think that makes it inadvisable for heart or high blood pressure patients. 

I was told the same thing by the pharmacist when I caught a lurgi from my grandaughter (generous little soul) when we were over last month. We had a useful discussion about whether I had had any side effects in the past and then I was given Day Nurse of all things to take that night. It did the trick.

It's been blowing a hoolie here but at the moment it's fairly calm and there is a yellow object making occasional  appearances.  The shutters now have top coat on one side, all the holes have been squared and the ironwork for this pair is in primer. Coffee now being consumed.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 19

Yesterday’s all day rain has finally finished, but it still pretty windy here today.  I went out for a walk on the beach and it was very cold in the wind.  Once again, a small hailstorm arrived while I was out, but that is now just normal!  Now back home with a coffee, and anticipating watching some rugby this afternoon.

• Like 18

A'noon all, hope all's well,

Do we have any watch officianados on here...? I've had this Seiko of my Dad's stashed in a drawer since he died two and a half years ago and intend to use it once I've had the glass cover replaced and a few links taken out of the strap, it still works ok and the serial number on the back is 'V743-9020', any ideas how old it might be...?

IMG_6424.JPG

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, Rugd1022 said:

Do we have any watch officianados on here...? I've had this Seiko of my Dad's stashed in a drawer since he died two and a half years ago and intend to use it once I've had the glass cover replaced and a few links taken out of the strap, it still works ok and the serial number on the back is 'V743-9020', any ideas how old it might be...?

IMG_6424.JPG

Try this https://retroseiko.co.uk/seiko-serial.htm

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I can't imagine any point in my life when I would have got the hots for such a waif. She needs a square meal now!

And there is something fundamentally wrong about the shape of those chesticles.  That dress must be one of those you buy when bored in front of the TV and wonder what the parcel contains when it turns up.  Why do I know this?  Because Former Neighbour (Next Door) was in the habit of doing exactly that. As I am in the habit of being neighbourly and accepting parcels when other people are out she had to claim them quite often and eventually mentioned that they all got returned anyway because ..... 

Welcome to the weekend where it is variously wet, windy, cool, sunny, can't-make-up-it's-mind and any other weather you could think of.  The recycling has been dealt with.  The supermarket delivery has arrived. The spare part for the sloshing machine has arrived.  Lunch has not yet arrived so I had better fix that problem.  

• Like 19

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. ChrisF, Tess Coes have been producing bread pudding for some time now. Problem is that supplies are intermittent and it flies off the shelves. Last time I managed to get the last one and it was still warm from the oven. 

Thanks, Phil.  This makes it the more special when it is available.  I'll just cut myself another slice ...

Chris

• Like 13
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

beery wee

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Here's half the ingredients, although I'd have preferred Brains Dark.

I just need to pass it through the finishing device.

DSC_0111.JPG

Without an item for scale we don’t know if that is a wee beery or a big beery.

• Like 5
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, 

Lots of Ivy cut back from the garage, 

Many hollows between asbestos cement roof and walls filled with expanding foam, very messy. 

Angled piece of wood for keel measured and cut. 

Hydrodynamic Patterns, pritt sticked , to keel drawn round. 

Many cuts into the wood up to drawn shape. 

Each piece chiselled off. 

Tomorrow,  excess expanding foam to be cut off.. 

More Ivy to be removed weather permitting,, 

Planing of keel sections to exact shape to start. 

When the rain finally cleared,  and the great fried egg appeared, the temperature dropped,  and the windscreen increased.  I've retired back to the house with cold soak..  Now warming up with a Muggacoffee.. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Seiko watches can be or could have been repaired at their Maidenhead HQ worth a call don't bother if you are a tight #rse its costly, the older ones are better if you can find them S/H My one is a limited edition 

2009 Honda F1 racing team watch bought new about £400 I don't wear it that often but a jeweler offered me a lot of money for it last year when I had a battery put in it, its just had a new leather strap put on

which was £48 fitted. :smoke:

Zeus 's food comes in a Tupperware type container with the lid off it looks like bread pudding, instead of farting you would end up blowing the toilet pan up if you broke wind eating that stuff it's pure protein,

Zeus farts and everyone leaves the room I think it's his way of telling you he wants to go for a dump.:stink:

Q you can replace the mess made by the ivy with Virginia Creeper it doesn't damage wall.

Better get on :superman:Sitin Onmebutt :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

A'noon.

Despite dire warnings of 'weather' this morning, it was dry and bright if a breezy and cool.  Even managed to vacuum the car out and clean the insidey bits.   The direness has just started to arrive, (1520hrs) so things must be running late.  

As newly diagnosed diabetic and being on BP meds for years, my missus made me ask at the pharmacy last time I got a cold, and the pharmacist freaked out at what I had been taking.  Not apparently hurt me in all the years I had been taking them.....ho hum.  :rolleyes:

No train action, so my health will survive.

• Like 19

7 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I would say no; but when you were prescribed your other medicines, you ought to have been advised that paracetamol should not be taken in conjunction with them.

Paracetamol is not the issue here. Paracetamol will not have any effect on blood pressure or blood pressure medication. The issue is that a great number of ‘cold and flu’ products contain decongestants and these can increase your blood pressure. I think if you read in the small print inthe flu medication it will say something to the effect ‘don’t take with blood pressure meds’.

regards Robert 

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

IMG_6424.JPG

Google suggests the number you quote is the model number.  That would make it of around 2000 vintage and unfortunately not worth a great deal.  :-(

cheers

Dave (a bit of a Seikofile)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Outside is wet and windy so apart from a bit of shopping I've stayed in.

3 hours ago, chrisf said:

Thanks, Phil.  This makes it the more special when it is available.  I'll just cut myself another slice ...

Chris

Its still nothing like mum used to make. My mum included a whole tin of Tate & Lyles black treacle together with the dried fruit and candied peel. Its a miracle we didn't get type 2 diabetes before we left school.

• Like 18