The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Hope you enjoyed your tour Mike. Much safer to do it now while the midgies are bunkered up for the winter. I once saw a swarm of midgies carrying off a Beltie by the shores of Loch Doon... :derisive:

Well, three days off now I'm mighty pleased to say. The forecast isn't great for the afternoon, but the call of Whitrope is strong as is the urge to run. I ran a grand total of seventeen miles last week. So far, only four this week but if I do Whitrope today I could lift it to ten or eleven, meaning I could put an even greater number on the clock this week. It really does get a hold of you this running caper!

Dave.

Thanks, yesterday I was down at Dumfries House near Cumnock, and had a look at their shorthorns.

Went out for a 7k run last night after I got back from my tour, so I know what you mean, it does get you. I've put myself in the ballot for the Great North Run in September, but don't know if I'll get a place. If I don't get a place, I'll enter the Edinburgh half marathon in May. If I've got a place in the GNR, I'll do the Edinburgh 10k in May.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, yesterday I was down at Dumfries House near Cumnock, and had a look at their shorthorns.

I don't like the sound of shorthorn midges, does that mean there are longhorn midges as well?

On our camping holiday in Scotland (Before Matthew) we found the best way to see the west coast and avoid midges was to camp alongside the Moray Firth and drive over to the other side.

I went to Ireland once and the irritating insect there seemed to be bigger and blacker and more predatory than the Scottish variety, Pulling into a car park near water seemed enough to have a cloud of them descend,

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - and another grey day in the Thames Valley, but at least we can see the other side this morning (that'll cease to be the case when the rain arrives later!)

Just checked, I can see the other side of the Thames, it looks quite nice today over there. There's what looks like an oil tanker going past at the moment, perhaps it will be back soon if it is going to Coryton.

Tony

Hi all again.

I do like vienna sausages with mash as a weekend supper but heat them in almost boiling water so as NOT to burst the skin. I used to have viennas, mash and baked beans but doc says baked beans are very much a no-no for diabetics. Damn!

IS THERE A WAY to heat them in a Micro Wave?

Dave H, whilst building four lavouts over he last 15 years, I think I have assembled every Metcalf kit there is/was at the time. Timmy has also built many of them and also found them fun. Yours does look good!

It's NOT a rule. It's a permission :no:

Had wound dressed at surgery today. Doc was in Germany but nurse said it's healing well.

Edited by DonBradley

Pete's post was almost certainly tongue-in-cheek!

Thanks, Jam. You read my mind. I hate feeling guilty first thing in the morning.

Let's Jam soon, Jam.

I posted this in another thread re: Railroad Songs:

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Let me guess, Lonnie says"Pigs" Rory suddenly comes in at full volume.

Yes. Probably a bit louder than Robbie is used to from the television as well! Your clip was in the right place at the right time! I wanted to see how the sound from the browser on my new toy sounded like.

In the month before Matthew was born there was quite some concern about whether he was moving around enough. So to wake baby up, Aditi had to lie with a radio on her tummy. This was usually at the time of the Radio 1 roadshow. During each 20 minute session of doing this there were a couple of approx three minute gaps. After a few times observing this I could predict which songs would not wake him up. Baby clearly woke up and moved to rock guitar not soul ballads!

• RMweb Gold

Just checked, I can see the other side of the Thames, it looks quite nice today over there. There's what looks like an oil tanker going past at the moment, perhaps it will be back soon if it is going to Coryton.

Tony

Much to my surprise (ha!) the promised rain hasn't happened and it's quite clear across the valley so I can see the big (very, very, expensive) house on the hill clearly - it's about a mile away.

Don, I think you should see that nurse more often, clearly she has the healing touch about her.

I'm just catching up on Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys from Monday, which was in Berwick and Alnwick.

Unfortunately I find myself wanting to shoot the continuity person, as a Voyager pulls into Berwick station and Portillo gets on, next shot is of a Class 43 powered train, then Portillo inside the Voyager, then outside shot of the HST...

• RMweb Gold

....Unfortunately I find myself wanting to shoot the continuity person, as a Voyager pulls into Berwick station and Portillo gets on, next shot is of a Class 43 powered train, then Portillo inside the Voyager, then outside shot of the HST...

CGI next time perhaps! I suspect they spend ages making sure he has the same shirt on though.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It sure is about time I'll see the GP today as waking up with those aches yet again sure wasn't fun <_< . Even more so because frequent painkiller use cannot be the best solution, can it?

Aside from that, it's just below freezing, but too dark to see anything in spite of it not being hazy.

Have a good one everyone...

Another 'glorious' day.

Have an appointment to have my eyes tested to upgrade my specs today.

I don't know how many years it is since last they were tested but I have noticed that I can't always read the printing on the TV screen.

Nothing else to report but I hope it's all good for you.

I need my eyes tested too, Don.

I was at our local High School last night where my Daughter was performing in the Concert Band (she plays flute) there were 6 flautists on stage and it took me about 5 minutes to work out which one was her!

Have a great day everyone...

Best, Pete.