The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

owner of a multifunction device (JumpStarter) which not only allows me to jump-start the car but also includes a USB supply port, 230V 3-pin outlet and compressor

The AA man had one of those. He said it will start anything capable of being started. It did confirm it wasn’t the starter motor.  

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

The AA man had one of those. He said it will start anything capable of being started. It did confirm it wasn’t the starter motor.  

Yeah, but owning one saves me from having to blag another free home start rather than forking up the annual additional membership cost!

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Yeah, but owning one saves me from having to blag another free home start rather than forking up the annual additional membership cost!

We seem to have complementary everything from the AA. Not sure why, we do have both of our cars insured with them. If I am at home, raising a bonnet seems to get a rapid response from neighbours!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Not much happening at the club tonight, still topsy-turvey from the building repairs/alterations mainly clearing out rubbish so I bought a carload home and its now in the skip.

3 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Evenin' each,

I received this from an old friend today - it made me laugh which given my current daily mood swings must be a good thing.

Mathematics:

This comes  from 2 math teachers with a combined total of 70  yrs. experience.
It has an indisputable  mathematical logic.
It also made me Laugh Out  Loud.

This is a strictly .....  mathematical  viewpoint... and it goes like  this:

What Makes  100%?

What does it mean  to give MORE than 100%?

Ever  wonder about those people who say they are giving  more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings  where someone wants you to give over  100%.

How about achieving 103%?

What  makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little  mathematical formula that might help you answer  these questions:

If:
A B C D E F G H I J  K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is  represented as:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

AND, look how far ass  kissing  will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G 
1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7  = 118% 

So, one can conclude  with mathematical certainty, that while  Hard  work  and  Knowledge will get you close, and  Attitude  will get you there. Its  the  Bullsh!t   and  Ass  Kissing that will put you over the  top. 

Now you  know why Politicians are where they  are!      And some Management. And Some Coeworkers   ETC. ETC.  

Have you ever seen a better  explanation than this formula..............
.....................how true it is..... 

And the English version A-R-S-E-K-I-S-S-I-N-G gives you 122%

• Like 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I have persuaded the other members of the van crew that we have to set off at a "sensible" hour, so that we can have a late breakfast at the caravan at Devil's Bridge at Kirkby Lonsdale.......

A bacon, egg and sausage teacake should see me through to a KFC for tea after we've setup at Glasgow show.

Good choice!

• Like 12
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

It’s been a mixed bag with the weather today, some rain, but thankfully not heavy, started mid morning and lasted for most of the day. It finally eased off during the evening and it’s currently dry and very little wind. I’ve stared a case against the electronic supplier and it’s now just a waiting game. This nicely brought brew time and after a nice muggertea, I finally managed to get the soldering iron out, by dinner time I’d manage to build another 6 point control circuit boards. 

After dinner I decorated the cakes I made yesterday, before setting off to pick up Ava, Evie and Max up from school as they were staying for tea. The chicken curry and rice went down well and so did the cakes!

After I’d taken them all home, it was a quick tidy up in the kitchen and then we sat down to catch up on some recorded TV. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, newbryford said:

Earlish-up from a normal workday tomorrow.

We still have a bit of work to do before we venture west then north on the A65/M6.

I have persuaded the other members of the van crew that we have to set off at a "sensible" hour, so that we can have a late breakfast at the caravan at Devil's Bridge at Kirkby Lonsdale.......

A bacon, egg and sausage teacake should see me through to a KFC for tea after we've setup at Glasgow show.

Intermittent catch up for the next few days folks.

Stay safe.

Cheers,

Mick

Mick..you mean the green hut?. And why no Spam in your sarnie?  Are you sure it is a "tea cake " (S Yorks) not just a "cake" (Leeds) a "bap" or a "barm"???:jester:

Baz

Edited by Barry O
Spullchkcr
  • Like 15