The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, late out of bed this morning so that is me straight in the doghouse. It is much windier than expected and the conservatory roof sounds like it wants to leave. Sometimes not owning property is a good thing. I was hoping to go to the 7mm narrow gauge day at Derby but that may be lost now due to late rising.

• RMweb Gold

That's the MHR day over with, and a very enjoyable day it was despite a vac brake problem on the first up. Change of plan for some reason, we had the Black 5 instead of the U but it went well.

Pizza in oven, beer opened, Clint Eastwood western on tv. Happy days.

• RMweb Premium

That weather we're having today sure is depressing. Been raining on and off for most of the day, and now it is quite windy as well. We ended up doing another trip to the Swedish furniture house for some bits and bobs for the kitchen, but owing to the weekend it was quite crowded.

I hope my 189 double pack will be ready for posting soon - I think doing some super detailing may be just the thing I need. Especially with the term break coming up.

• RMweb Gold

That's the MHR day over with, and a very enjoyable day it was despite a vac brake problem on the first up. Change of plan for some reason, we had the Black 5 instead of the U but it went well.

You definitely made a very nice noise with it up the bank from Alton Phil, and glad to see a good Driver looking back in all the right places. Even got a decent cup of tea at Alresford this visit and a nice bacon bap so a good day followed by a pleasant hour in Alton Model Centre doing the 'shopping'.

Depressing day! Had to put Thomas, Percy and James back in their boxes ready for a house move!

Good to hear you had a pleasant hour in Bob's at Alton, Mike. Have you seen the railway project upstairs?

• RMweb Gold

You definitely made a very nice noise with it up the bank from Alton Phil, and glad to see a good Driver looking back in all the right places. Even got a decent cup of tea at Alresford this visit and a nice bacon bap so a good day followed by a pleasant hour in Alton Model Centre doing the 'shopping'.

Glad you enjoyed it Mike, sorry I didn't recognise you. Although enjoyable it was also rather a full on day as it was the first day out with my new crew plus a driving assessment from an inspector, all in all a lot going on.

Edited by PhilH

Hello,

Still as hot a H overight, but I manged a full, though not continuous, night's sleep.

Now partly misty which has cooled it down very comfortable. I'm even feeling a bit chilled, but today's high is still 26C

It is forecast to remain mild until Thursday when it will hit 30C again.

Have a good railway weekend folks.

Missing out a day on RMWeb is NOT a good idea. It took 4 pages of posts to catch up

Had a number one haircut yesterday. I t is a huge relief to get rid of the hair growing down my neck.

Is it a fact that beng totally bald on top promoted hair growth where you don't want it?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

It looks like I had some sleep to catch up on, as I didn't wake up till just before 8. However, looking at the weather I don't think I've been missing out on anything!

How about this kind of flashlight?

:O

Cheers everyone...

• Like 1

Good grief and who said size doesn't matter. You'd need big pockets for that monster.

Haven't had a number one yet. Still time...

Morning all. Family gathering yesterday and today, so can only escape for the odd minute of two to catch up.

• RMweb Gold

Last month I may have mentioned I had improved my modelling credentials by acquiring the alignment dowels to start a module for the club. I've just acquired Andrew's (AndrewC) Millarville club modules. As well being constructed to a far higher standard than I could achieve they will also fit in the back of my car for when they travel home for completion of the scenery. Yesterday the boot of the Freelander was still occupied by the dog box.

Tony

Morning all,

Well I did get to meetings (just!) on time, but the down side I ended up with more to do.............but never mind. Had to buy new Thermos yesterday, as our house girl managed to drop my (1yr old) one on its cap, which promptly shattered..........Mind you keeping one here for a year without some dropping it is almost a record!

Your hair cut looks smart Don, but I guess you're right it does start slipping backward?

Enjoy your Sunday folks

Trev..

• RMweb Gold

Depressing day! Had to put Thomas, Percy and James back in their boxes ready for a house move!

Good to hear you had a pleasant hour in Bob's at Alton, Mike. Have you seen the railway project upstairs?

Although I've known Bob for many years (right back from his days as a 'Saturday helper' in Eames :O ) I've never had the railway tour upstairs at Alton - whenever I visit the shop, whatever the day of the week, it seems to rapidly fill with other customers! And it's one of thsoe things we keep saying we'll do one day, and of course ...

• RMweb Gold

Glad you enjoyed it Mike, sorry I didn't recognise you. Although enjoyable it was also rather a full on day as it was the first day out with my new crew plus a driving assessment from an inspector, all in all a lot going on.

I did say hello - just as you shot back across the cab to the Driver's side and obviously very busy so I didn't shout across, especially with a crowd on the footplate.

Anyway morning all to everyone else and it actually looks quite bright (at the moment) in our little chunk of the Thames Valley (and as soon as I typed that it went darker!!!). Not much on today except still trying to get some sense into somebody's (real) railway working Instructions although fortunately I had a bright idea (I think) last night and it seems to have written down quite well this morning but still lots to do on it. And tomorrow the thermal imaging cameraman is coming to look for the central heating system leak under the floor - amazing what Dynorod get up to nowadays.

My House Girl says: "Hmmm. The problem with LEDs (used in powerful application such as Stage lighting) is that whilst very bright to look at they do not "throw" light very well without a complicated system of reflectors/focus adjusters. Can I get back to cleaning your bog?".

Sorry, Trev.

When I first moved temporarily to North Carolina the EMI guy in London rang the local Capitol guy over here and told him that they need to employ a "Maid" for me. What he meant was a "Cleaning Lady", what the American Capitol guy thought was "Upstairs/Downstairs". It took me some time to get over that "English/American differences in Language" thing". In fact I lived next door to the local Poilce Chief who when we introduced ourselves said: "Aren't you some kind of Dook or something?".

Have a great day everybody.......

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, very windy here, next door the tool storage cupboard has moved off down the drive. I didn't get to Derby for the exhibition but DD2 got a prom dress and number one son got his snake requirements.Today the rabbits need cleaning out and a replacement light is needed for a fish tank.apart from some tidying and minor tree surgery I hope that is it. Don if the hair that grows from my ears could be transplanted I wouldn't be so thin on top.