The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

What you need is the Idaho Stop rule. In this case, a bicyclist can treat a red light as it were a stop sign and a stop sign as a "yield" / "give way" sign.  It's pragmatic in so far as in low traffic they do this anyway an it encourages cyclists to get out of the way of motor traffic. 

I've never heard of an "Idaho stop", but I have heard of a "Saskatchewan stop". Most of Saskatchewan is flat, flat, flat, and you can see for miles at intersections. Anything less than 30kph at a stop sign is good enough. 

(Not to trivialise the horrible accident a few years ago, where the driver of a truck was blinded by a low sun, drove through a stop sign and collided with a coach carrying a junior hockey team, with multiple fatalities.)

• Informative/Useful 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning awl,

Weather report from here suggests a cold and frosty front extends as far as Sutton! Sky remain Jet-A1 blue. CowboysRUs are cutting roof tiles to cover the nearest erections, wonders will never cease. Daughter’s birthday today so will have to concentrate on her for a while...

In the bijou residence we now inhabit, we have four areas that contain porcelain horns, two walk-in showers and a bath - all in a delicate shade of pure white! Why two of us need so many washing facilities has nothing to do with any propensity to get dirty, it was just what the builder provided. When we moved in, some sub-contractor had left a huge Richard as a welcoming present in one of them - dirty b@st@rd! If I could of carpe’d him, he would not have had any more diems. 

Enjoy yours, whatever you get up to....

• Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12