The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

It looks like I'll be attending a linguistics seminar led by a Japanese lecturer this summer. I wonder if it would be a problem to be wearing my shirt which has "densha otaku" written on it in Japanese to that seminar?

I had to google "pluviomania"......

Virga is such a nice sounding word.

I'm not going to google Japanese, Dom... I spent quite a bit of time in Japan in the 80's. yeah kind of nice, like being on a different planet.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Good day all - well good apart from grotty Thames Valley weather and 'super-wrinklies' day in the supermarket - not just OFs like me but the real anciens/anciennes who take nearly 10 minutes to unload a small trolley into the car, then get themselves into the car then start to think about starting the engine - if they can remember how to do it. I thought our local Tesco was bad for it but in Waitrose in the Oxford Road in Reading they seem to have developed it, and 'aisleblockingitis', into a highly refined art.

• RMweb Premium

Good day all - well good apart from grotty Thames Valley weather and 'super-wrinklies' day in the supermarket - not just OFs like me but the real anciens/anciennes who take nearly 10 minutes to unload a small trolley into the car, then get themselves into the car then start to think about starting the engine - if they can remember how to do it. I thought our local Tesco was bad for it but in Waitrose in the Oxford Road in Reading they seem to have developed it, and 'aisleblockingitis', into a highly refined art.

Bit like that in our local Tesco six adult relatives stop for a chat each complete with baby in buggy and assorted other children the main drag is blocked so you end up going for bread via the cat litter!

but in Waitrose in the Oxford Road in Reading they seem to have developed it, and 'aisleblockingitis', into a highly refined art.

Don't get me started. Our Morrison's is bad for aisle blockers. It should be made into an olympic sport. England would win hands down. My fave is the massive chavette with her 12 children that parks her trolly at a 45 degree angle in the aisle then wanders off to another aisle leaving the trolly and demonic sprogs to ensure total blockage.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

At the risk of repeating myself

Dreich, dreich again - been out for logs, just to top up supplies - all four bags that we got are soaking wet, so there could be a lot of wet wood stacked at the side of the stove. Also had to do the supermarket run this morning. I do love going with 30747 to see how much things have gone up in the last few weeks.

I also did something that I never thought I would do - I bought a photo album on diesels - but it was on Cromptons which I used to enjoy greatly when I lived on the Southern. I have had some amazing experiences with these locos over the years, including some very interesting cab trips (best was over Wimbledon - West Croydon hauling W&C stock to Selhurst for maintenance, and the driver had seen me and camera elsewhere and invited me up).

Must shoot, 30747's home from art group and looking like a drookit hen.

Regards to All

Stewart