The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Life imitating art.  (I found this funny.)

New US Space Force insignia looks familiar. (Not a political post I promise.)

Queue the Star Trek Theme song for the Space Force Anthem.

The Space Force song, when it comes, can't be any worse than the Air Force Song which musical satirist Tom Lehrer called the "Up in the air junior birdman song" in the introduction (0:45) to his "It makes a fellow proud to be a soldier" parody of US armed service songs.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 10
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The Space Force song, when it comes, can't be any worse than the Air Force Song which musical satirist Tom Lehrer called the "Up in the air junior birdman song" in the introduction (0:45) to his "It makes a fellow proud to be a soldier" parody of US armed service songs.

I've a feeling that in a few years' time (and after extensive - and costly - application of the new insignia to everything that does and doesn't move) the breach of copyright lawyers will come swanning out of the woodwork with big smiles on their faces.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Slept in and soaked in (the bath) this morning so a bit late on parade. A bit grey this morning but dry with the threat of the odd shower.

4 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

3 hours ago, polybear said:

I've a feeling that in a few years' time (and after extensive - and costly - application of the new insignia to everything that does and doesn't move) the breach of copyright lawyers will come swanning out of the woodwork with big smiles on their faces.....

George Takei (Mr. Sulu) is already reaching for a lawyer.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

I godda hed cold... pah!

Been for a walkabout and ended up in a breqery.. would you believe it!

As it is chinese new year lots of visitors from china have arrived today. Some have ventured forth and bought most of the food in the nearest supermarket.

With that..now time for eyelid inspection here.

Baz

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

18 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

In other news it seems I am the only person on the planet today.  SWMBO is locked away writing, no-one is playing on any form of antisocial media and the Hill of Strawberries is desserted.  Where are you all?  

John Wayne's on the Box, pilgrim . . . the one where Dean Martin plays the drunken sheriff instead of Robert Mitchum . . 

John

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Barry O said:

Been for a walkabout and ended up in a breqery.. would you believe it!

On first read (recognizing the proximity of the "q" and "w" keys) I thought you found a restaurant for breakfast, or as the locals might say, "brekkie". 

• Like 8
  • Funny 5