The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

A white car in the parking lot this morning.

1 more sleep left before I meet my new woman on a proper date we chatted this morning already so it's set me up for the day for being happy :wub:, I can still feel the eyes of the

slapped #rse looking over me :girldevil:, my black dog is Zeus I've not got to see to him for a few days my daughter is off duty he was happy to see me yesterday I got the full licky licky

treatment.  

I restored my car back to it's original colour yesterday yes it's still maroon and not camo' grey, let them get too dirty and they blend into the background that's when the blind

feckwits crash into you. :sungum:

Driving back from my daughters house I notice skid marks in the road and a big heavy metal security fence smashed to buqqery whoever was in the car went to hospital it hit the fence

about 3 feet up having come over a brow of a hill the road veers off to the left it must have been airborne for at least 20-30 feet, the driver must have been drunk no doubt, the cupid stunt.

Spose I better get on glad to hear our "old mucker" Chris is on the mend. :superman: Al Gooey :biggrin_mini2:

Btw Mr. T.H. get yourself a Ford with a climate pack fitted the car will defrost in the time it takes you to scrap the frost off the rear window nice this time of year with the heated seats.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I also need to get hold of a couple of sandbags.

1,2,4,7 or 304 mm scale? (other scales are available)

Edited by TheQ
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Also just had some new glasses 2nd attempt that still don't seem to suit;

Is that after a week or so to give your eyes time to adjust?

4 hours ago, grandadbob said:

It was the best decision I've ever made in my life. (Apart from The Boss and kids of course!) 

Good save.....

3 hours ago, 81C said:

the driver must have been drunk no doubt, the cupid stunt.

I was sure you'd get banned for typing that, until I realised I'd read it the wrong way round.  Now it looks like i'll get banned....

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon Awl, 

One major system on cross checks,  the other just has some spreadsheet processing before going on cross checks itself. 

Lots of tokens spent on wood and threaded rods,  also plaster for muddling and PVA which at BQ is on sale at £10 for 5 litre.. 

Coming home, BMW MIni  Cockwomble decided it was above sticking to the correct lane approaching the round about,  and tried to overtake me and several vehicles behind me. Didn't get past me and forced itself,  behind me and in front the following Ford transit bus  which wasn't impressed.  It was even less impressed,  when I left them behind, with me at legal speeds.  I could see the transit bus polishing the boot of the mini,  receding in the mirror.. 

Daylight hours are extending,  no need for headlights to get home, even after visiting  the orange shed. 

Tis darn chilly out there,  I notice the ice in the wheelbarrow hasn't melted all day and now it's got dark... 

Ben is curled up in SWMBOs chair, ...or he was,  next door neighbour came for her post,  she always brings a doggy treat or bit of meat.  Ben was instantly sat bolt upright in front of her,  awaiting gifts.

Time to verify eyelids are OK.. 

• Like 19

4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Morning...

After posting Friday, the weekend took over! :O

We did get a winter storm, but it was decidedly (by Minnesotan standards) wimpy. We only got 5 inches of snow, but it went down to about -19C overnight and that resulted in some seriously icy conditions on Saturday - most chemical methods of snow abatement are rendered useless at those temps - fortunately we didn't need to go anywhere first thing. Reports of a lot of road accidents around the state, and certainly out-state there was more snow than we got.

Friends over for dinner Saturday evening, very enjoyable, and Sunday a very chilly -17C morning as I braved the elements and headed to sing in the choir at 7:30 for the MLK services!

Remainder of Sunday was quiet, Jemma arriving back in town early evening, much to the delight of Whitney :)

Yesterday a few hours work before taking the afternoon plane to NY - since Monday was a "holiday, Martin Luther King Day" decided to travel on Monday rather than my usual Sunday late flight - so much better to get to the hotel at 7PM rather than 1AM!! :O

Crystal clear evening in NY, and a great view of Manhattan from the plane;

ManhattanAtNight-012020.jpg.33104906e61b5a2376b0bd6cca46f718.jpg

This week, for my driving pleasure I have;

VolvoS70-012120-1.jpg.cdda729dd261eab3580885c76f774cca.jpg

A Volvo S70-T6, whatever those designations imply. It is FAR more user-friendly/intuitive than the Cadillac I had two weeks ago for sure.

-8 and clear driving in, rather cold for the NY area, panic in the voices of the seaweed twirler on TV.

I wanted to call the station and mention it was -19 in Minneapolis at the time :jester:

Tally  ho...

I used to inhabit an office in the NJ side across from the lower end of Manhattan. It's in the picture but I can't remember which one it was.

I could also see the NY skyline when I went night skiing at Campgaw which was ten minutes from our house.

I imagine the Volvo designations are S for sedan (as opposed to V for variant wagon) 70 for size class, T for turbot (as opposed to haddock) and 6 cos it's a six banger rather than the old in-line five.

I would think your daughter is happy with the recent news from Delta or is she exempt?

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I was at Ms Draclear's this morning, new girl was really good and, er, visual distractions were on offer - lets hope the results are as good!

B.P. way too high?

• Funny 14