The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Got two 57's Bob, but a 47 ain't going to cut it in a yellow area!  I think the biggest thing up the S&W was a 2251.

As a matter of interest, it was a Class 37 (EE type 3) hauled out the last revenue train according to the Neil Parkhouse's photo book par excellence.

Same book shows 7812 at Parkend, although that was in the preservation era.

Don't forget that you could should also opt for a Teddy Bear to keep Donk (and Basten-Klein) happy.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another dull start to the day and there is a fair bit of wind about (outside) too! Breakfast has been consumed and I’m just off to collect Ava, so that’s the rest of the day sorted. 

Back later

• Like 15

Morning, what a difference to yesterday, that was cold and calm, we now have wet and windy, some shopping for comestibles will have to take place we are out of essentials, my whisky bottle is empty, then more trawling the 'tinternet looking to spend some token on an 0-6-0

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

As a matter of interest, it was a Class 37 (EE type 3) hauled out the last revenue train according to the Neil Parkhouse's photo book par excellence.

Same book shows 7812 at Parkend, although that was in the preservation era.

Don't forget that you could should also opt for a Teddy Bear to keep Donk (and Basten-Klein) happy.

Yeah, I have the book - and several others now!

I'm holding off on the Teddybear until I know they will negotiate the setrack points.  Chris & Chris aren't sure although it is in the brief.  Looong wheelbase..... :(

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Well just about anyway, laid in to gone 9 this morning and then a good soak in the bath. The lurgi is still hanging on but doesn't stay around for the Lem-sip + Caledonian falling down water. That means that I get a good nights sleep anyway. The young mans layout (£10 layout) is penciled in for the SEERS on show mini exhibition in four weeks time so theres a bit of work needs doing to it. Some of the track is inaccessible but requires cleaning. We may have to cut a hole in the backscene.

Before I go:

Especially for ChrisF

image.png.7f26d71a5ccaf3b9c419ca7981d06ba0.png

I think we will both have to use a muddy hollow down Telford way to store the excess.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Before I go:

Especially for ChrisF

image.png.7f26d71a5ccaf3b9c419ca7981d06ba0.png

I didn't know Chrisf was green. :-)

Morning All 

I was going with GDB today and gave it a miss, I've so much work clearing all the full packing boxes into where the stuff should go or into the pile of do later when the kitchen finished.

I'm getting cheesed off as I've no leisure planned till next week good thing is no slapped #rse so I can sleep soundly.

What a poxed up DVLA website that is keeps jumping on pages and you have to start again 4 attempts to change driving licence address, the V5 goes back for renewal, managed to do the Green Flag

for my membership change of address, also John Lewis , Cooper of Stortford and a few more. nightmare ones DVLA, South East Electric, Southern Water.  

Off to do lunch Bacon Rolls YUM, have a good one    P.Igmuncher

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Gold

A'noon all,

Buggrit!  Off p!ssed I am.  The carp feeling I had first thing became carpier by the minute (I won't go into details) and I decided it would not be a good idea to leave the house so I have not been to Stevenage. Good job Bob decided not to come here and travel with me.  Will try for Alton in a couple of weeks.

I have managed to  clean the coffee machine(in between "problems"). I bought the manufacturers own recommended stuff (containing lactic acid) from Amazon. Cost £8.99 for 5 doses so about 8 times the price of vinegar but having RTFM (for once)they specifically say do not use vinegar.

As somebody mentioned earlier the water in this area is extremely hard and everything gets furred up. Maybe that's what's wrong with me? :scratchhead:

Bathroom man phoned earlier to ask if he could come round today instead of Monday and has now been so it was I suppose handy that I didn't go out. Really liked the guy but will have to wait to see his quote to decide if I really really like him!

Carpness is wearing off, so much so that I might have some lunch shortly and then watch some rugby.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

I though todays chores had finished there is a stroll 100yards up the road to the post box to send back previous owners mail any more will go in the bin if the postman wont take it

the old girl has not lived her for the past year I would have thought nupperty relatives would have sorted it by now.

and the Virgin modem is to go to the courier counter in a shop just round the corner which is to go back.

I'm sitting here thinking this magnolia paint on the walls must go soon, it's one of slapped #rses favorite colours the same colour as her skin where she didn't wash for days on end.

\Must get on.     H. Ardworker

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, 

Toolbox sanded painted, 

Tablenackle holes sanded, 

Front and rear tow balls removed to live in plastic box,  which has some oil in to stop them rusting. 

Came in for Muggacoffee and there was a phone call for SWMBO,  can we go to her art friends to collect art stuff from the widows husband. 

After a quick finish of sarnie,  and put tools away,  off we went.

We took the landrover just as well,  the back is mostly filled.  SWMBO is to take what she wants and pass the rest onto the art group. 

I've found 17 tins of humbrol so far,  I wonder what they will be used on.... 

Ben was getting ready for his walk,   so he sat in the back of the landrover for all of this, in an ever reducing corner.  He didn't complain or do anything silly,  so he was rewarded by a trip to the beach.  Very windy,  and the tide is lower than I've ever seen it before,  fishermen were standing on a sand bank i've never seen before.. Hope they keep an eye on the water behind them,  or they'll get stuck there till washed away. 

Eye,  think it's time for an I lid in spec shun. 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Panniers were 4F!

Except the ones which were 1P, or the ones which were 2P, or the ones which were 1F, or the ones which were 2F, or even the ones which were 3F.  (for the sake of historical accuracy you will understand)

and Good afternoon all.

GDB I don't blame you one bit for not going to St.Evenage - I was still suffering a bit from that lurgi which passed around a fair bit when I went to the show last year and if I hadn't been booked as a Relief Operator on Grantham I would probably have stayed at home too.  But I had no wish to let down people so I went and it didn't do my cold or whatever it was much good at all although I did have a very enjoyable time playing with trains operating part of the layout (which I shall again be engaged in doing at the So'ton show in a couple of weeks from now).

Not a vast amount done today but some resupply has been obtained from Tes&co's emporium along with the 'paper.  Somewhat nippy out and about today so the wood burner might well be given an opportunity to burn some wood later on if swmbo so ordains.

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Course..delivered.

Thank you emails..received

Problem with a travel site which has been taken down for maintenance. ..buggrrrritt.

BUT....

Sunderland 4 Wycombe 0... we are (as SAFC fans) living the dream.

Have a good evening good people

Baz

• Like 15
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening all.  Much has been achieved. More shutters undercoated this morning. Then this afternoon a friend came up and we finally fitted the new door shutter.  Wedges were used to level it up then the hinges were put on, marked and holes drilled then bolted on. A couple of minor adjustments and all was well. It looks good.  

As to 4F's the proper jobs had tenders.  Mine will have my old police number.

Jamie

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

As to 4F's the proper jobs had tenders.  Mine will have my old police number.

Mine is taking on the identity of the only steam loco to carry a five-digit number with all five being the same*. Came to Walsall c1954 from Edgeley where it was sometimes known as 'City of Adswood' for its exploits on the trip workings from Adswood Sidings. It then moved to my nearest shed Monument Lane and Aston before ending its days at Springs Branch.

* No prizes for identifications, but what was the other loco running on BR which had a number consisting of the same digit five times?

(Sorry Sir, wasn't my fault, 'e started it)

• Like 11
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

Mine is taking on the identity of the only steam loco to carry a five-digit number with all five being the same*. Came to Walsall c1954 from Edgeley where it was sometimes known as 'City of Adswood' for its exploits on the trip workings from Adswood Sidings. It then moved to my nearest shed Monument Lane and Aston before ending its days at Springs Branch.

* No prizes for identifications, but what was the other loco running on BR which had a number consisting of the same digit five times?

(Sorry Sir, wasn't my fault, 'e started it)

Mine will be 3877, a Toton loco obviously on a through freight to Heysham.  Mind you if you look at my layout thread I also have several Lina ones which havd been 'breathed on' by a friend but I class them as 3.5F's as they are a bit underscale. I'm obviously being very brave as I'm not sure whether awls can cross the Channel.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Funny 12