The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, polybear said:

For those contemplating  a Smart Meter, during the installation process please make sure you unplug ALL sensitive equipment first; the installer warned me to unplug TV, PC, Laptop etc. etc. - which I did.

The Fridge Freezer didn't even occur to me (or him).  Guess what wouldn't fire up when supplies came back on line after the new meter was fitted....

It was a Frost Free jobbie, so had microprocessor whatsits on the control board. 

I was realistic enough to realise that the chances of a successful claim were somewhat less than knitting fog :(

Our British Gas man installed the meter without switching anything off and it all works still..and it took him just under 35 minutes.

It took  a lot longer for our Yorkshire Water installation team to fit the water meter...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 10

8 minutes ago, polybear said:

I used to go to West Wales quite regularly as a part of my work (along the beloved M4 and A48).  I was always taken with how many places shared the name "Gwasanaethau".  Until I discovered it was Welsh for Motorway Services....

Likewise Araf.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Spent today trying to round up the attendees for a cricket scorers course we are delivering at the real home of Cricket (to be found on St Michaels Lane in Leeds)  I could have done with some sheep dogs!  I believe sheep would have been easier to get together. Could be an interesting course tomorrow..17 "learners" and 2.5 tutors (one is a new one hence the half!)

Now to recheck the slides.... just in case!

I had to reread some of the earlier posts ..I thought you were rattling on about paneer

I had some of that last night..curried of course!

Baz

• Like 6
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

Busy day again.

Early to Mums after dropping other half at the station - yes her train was late again but not 31 minutes as per yesterday morning. Her train tonight was late but that did mean she caught an earleir one than planned!

Did some gardening for her by lifting more paving and transplanting a plant from by the front door. That planter is now partially filled in.

Then to drop off tow On30 locos I weathered and crusts earned.

Back home I was in digging mode as it was a pleasant day so more of the rubble pile behimd the shed levelled. About half way through it now.

After that more wiring on the new 009 layout.

Tomorrow is beer in Reading.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

I think GDB might be suffering here, Harlequins doing their best to give this game of rugby away.

Possibly a bit premature sir - Quins have done better during the second half so far scoring more than double what Bath achieved.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2

1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

The main ingredient is formic acid that is the stuff that ... is squirted by ants.

From Ogden Nash:

The ant has made himself illustrious
Through constant industry industrious.
So what?
Would you be calm and placid
If you were full of formic acid?

• Like 11
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

It will be cold however, due to the outflow from the Fraser River, with temps in the teens (C) ...

I think you mean (F).

• Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

just backk from the MRC, 

Better attendance this week,  much making like slartybartfast done. Lots of white and yellow snow generated, very pleased with some new grass I planted .

Back and neck very painful.. 

Pink. Pills taken 

Good night. 

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

The weather bucked up this morning and by mid afternoon we had blue skies and the sun was shining. Although the temperature didn’t rise very much, just about getting to double figures by dinner time. 

I wasn’t wrong about this morning’s shopping trip to the Trafford Centre, it was after 12:30 when we finally got home. However I whilst we were in the card shop I was able to get a birthday card for Sheila! As it was a lot later than usual when we left, we got to the butchers a bit later than usual and unfortunately they’d got no pasties left, so I had to make do with a steak and ale pie instead, it’s a hard life sometimes!

The afternoon was spent relaxing, I read a couple of model railway magazines, whilst Sheila read her kindle. This was followed by fish and chips for tea. Later we opened a nice bottle of merlot before sitting down to watch some recorded TV.

Tomorrow we have Ava coming round to spend the day with us. In the morning she will assist me making a couple of cakes and no doubt after that she and Sheila will sit down and watch a bit of Dr Who. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 2