The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bike car club survived, even talked about bikes.  A pal there has had the engine rebuilt for an old Ariel Arrow he has, the crank seals had gone so he got a local guy to to the full job - he's getting it back tomorrow, it has never run right since he bought it, but hopes it will be transformed.

Then went to the pharmacy, got my BP meds to find one mis-dispensed for the second time, half the correct strength issued but ticked off twice as correct.  Mucho complaint made, that isn't acceptable. That's why they have the second check.  Someone needs their arse kicked.

Edited by New Haven Neil
Speeling 'Ariel'
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

and the now vacant family home of 60 odd years is being cleared. And there's a lot of paperwork. Which I can work through is her theory. (On the positive side several very useful documents long thought lost have now been found.)

Also a comprehensive documentation of which neither of us were aware. They wrote 'everything' down. Sometimes correctly, sometimes not. About ten years ago they 'awarded' us a dog; we never had a pet in our entire life together. I imagine someone they knew acquired a hound, and our names got attached. These and many other confusions and grumpinesses now explained. Onward and upward.

At least you probably have some time to spend checking those docs, some people get very little time to do that and end up throwing the baby going out with the bathwater. Good luck and hope the lurgy recedes too.

• Like 2
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

5 hours ago, andyram said:

"..... and the “shock” news about a certain married couple....."

I wonder who's pulling the strings in that marriage.....:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, BSW01 said:

I doubt you (or anyone else) would ever have guessed correctly what it is, so I’ll tell you. 

What you see is the (downstairs) flow and return manifolds for our central heating system and are being viewed end on. The bits of brown string are small bore copper pipes that go to the various radiators (hall, dining room, living room and kitchen). These will all be lagged once again when all the work is complete. 

I thought as much, just wanted to confirm I was right.....:D

• Like 4
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

bright and sunny all morning 

I realized how late it was when GDB phoned me at mid-day I'm still emptying boxes of stuff, I'm sorting out the mancave today not got very far apart from making room to get through the door

I've filled 4 wheelie bins up with rubbish the amount of sh!te and rubbish the A-holes left filled one and 3 for recycling wrapping paper and boxes that are not being returned to the removers.

Lady Reading is after me must go. 

Have a good one         M.Overnshaker  

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold
On 05/01/2020 at 14:44, AndyB said:

Couple of car questons for you knowledgeable bods if I may.

For various reasons it's time to say aufwiedersehen to my BMW and potentially bonjour to a much more economical, 4-seat, less than 120g CO2/km Peugeot 2008. 

Q1. Wondering if anyone has experience of this manufacturer and/or model?

First impressions are that the build quality is better than our Citroën. For example closing the boot gave a satisfying clunk rather than a tinny rattle. 

Q2. One reason for getting rid of the sports car is that the baby who I used to carry around in it in a car seat has grown up and will start driving lessons in about 12 months. 

I note that these new fangled cars have something called "hill assist", whigh takes some of the skill out of hill starts.

Are hill starts still a thing indriving lessons / tests ? I'm guessing hill assist can be turned off, but this is an assumption. 

Thanks in advance! Andy

As a greater family we have had 14 Peugeots - and have done over 130 000 miles in 4 of them.  Fuel wise they have been good and are routinely serviced.  Two were written off when parked correctly, one via black ice and one had a clutch problem but overall we have been very pleased with them.  It has included 107, and 206, 207, 308, 405, 508 all as SW models.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold
On 07/01/2020 at 23:56, andyram said:

Good evening all.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy new year. I hope that you had an enjoyable Christmas period and that today finds you well. My apologies for all I have missed. I am so out of touch at the moment. I have stayed away from RMWeb for several reasons. Partly due to a serious attack from the black dog. This was caused by the November rains which brought flooding to Derbyshire. The shop escaped damage, unlike many nearby. But the result was a massive reduction in trade during the month. December improved, but the worries that it brought as we approached the festive season caused a major downturn in my mood and wellbeing. It has not made thing strained between Sarah and I - it can't be easy for her living with me when I am like that. Hopefully most things are beginning to turn around now - here's to a more positive 2020.

Regards

Andy

Great to see you back and hope that the black dog is now kennel-bound.

• Like 1
  • Agree 16
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Where exactly will you be?

There is Trainworld in Brooklyn, 751 McDonald Ave., Brooklyn, right next to a Subway only a few stops out of Manhattan.

The Ditmas Avenue station of the F train. The store entrance is just a few steps south of the south stairway on the northbound platform. You could (almost) trip on the bottom step and fall into the store entrance!:biggrin_mini:

• Like 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Frightening news!

Un, dau, tri, pedwar, pump loco tanc pannier du.

Gwell adeiladu diorama sied yn gyflym fel.

I bet Debs used to command the collies in Welsh....

• Like 6
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, AndyID said:

I hope you got defurred terms.

Over here you can buy descaler but they sell white vinegar and also Hydrochloric acid in the supermarkets, either of which will do the job a lot cheaper.  Apparently  if you mix the two together it us very effective on ivy but can play havoc with the nozzles on sprays.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 14

On paw patrol yesterday some geese in the lake were making quite a racket. An eagle was attacking them. It kept circling around and diving at them but when it got close the geese just ducked their heads. It gave up after about five attempts.

Edited by AndyID
Predict this!
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I bet Debs used to command the collies in Welsh....

AZWBY DXQRV JZYRQ PLYRV 

I tried to train my Staffies  using a simple 5 Letter block as you see above.

But they could never work out the key to use the code.

As soon as they got close, I changed the key.

They were totally uncontrollable.......................

• Funny 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

9 hours ago, andyram said:

On a different subject, I am intrigued by the talk surrounding various smart meters. Eon are due to visit next week to fit one. I am letting this take place but I am planning to review my supplier in the near future. 

EoN are the supplier (who were) pestering me.

They also, eventually, revealed that they could not confirm whether the meter that would be fitted was one of the second generation of smart meters (“SMETS2” meters) which should allow households to switch supplier without losing smart functionality.

Note that the statement about SMETS2 metres only says 'should' too.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1