The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

What if the bank catches fire?:rolleyes_mini:

Brian.

The bank is twenty miles from the house. If they both go up in flames I don't think I'll be needing any documents ;)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium

Good grief Rick, that looks like something that would be more at home at the end of one of HH's legs! Having had a major foot trauma five years or so ago I sympathise and echo Baz's comment about the possibility of medical support. I hope that you can get some sleep.

To everyone else, have a peaceful and restful night with particular thoughts and prayers for those of you in Australia.

Dave

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Its been a day when a lot has been done, but not as much as I would have liked. I ended up playing about with some electronic bits and pieces and one of the circuits didn’t quite work as I’d like, I finally got it working by adding a transistor and a couple of resistors, as the opto-isolator wasn’t giving out enough ummph to operate the relay, but I finally got it working as I’d hoped. I even found time to try on my new wetsuit as well!

Happy birthday Mike

Goodnight all

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I have bottles of wine that must be 40 years old. The fact is that I drink very little alcohol if at all and they have simply been forgotten about. They have been stored in a cool environment, less than 17 degrees on their sides to keep the corks moist. Problem is if I opened one and the contents turned out to be OK I'd still end up throwing most of it away.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

4 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

In other news I have spent the year thus far lying flat on my back or being assisted, squealing in pain, to the bathroom. By tonight the pain threshold on the 1-10 scale had reduced from 30 to 20 but the swelling means I am several days away yet from wearing shoes and getting out. The House of Fun must manage without me for a time. And that’s before the bronchitis which continues to trouble the parts gout doesn’t.  

4 hours ago, Barry O said:

Rick, that looks very painful. Is there anything the medics can do to help?

Yes, I have never seen a gout episode like that.

Rick, is Uloric available under prescription in the UK? That is the brand name. It is also now available under the generic name Febuxostat. It is very effective.

• Informative/Useful 15

8 hours ago, AndyB said:

I started to read the Dr Who thread but gave up ...

Me too. I missed season 11 and saw the first episode of season 12 last night. I thought it was fun. Then watched the first episode of season 11 with a couple more of them recorded. I'm looking forward to them.

I note that Phil has helpfully locked the thread.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, 81C said:

Try a Britarse water filter system, Zeus prefers that or will only drink water fresh out of the tap once the chlorine has dissipated.

Tap water gives me a guts ache it's disgusting stuff a bit like Bob's C N d P, I give European wine's a wide berth drinking only stuff 

from English vineyards these days.

Welland Trulipissed

Never could see the attraction with wine - it always tastes like brake fluid to me (yes, I've tasted that too).

Blackcurrant & Lemonade for me, strong enough to scare my Dentist.  A lot more for a lot less, driving no problem, no hangover....

3 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Rick, is Uloric available under prescription in the UK? That is the brand name. It is also now available under the generic name Febuxostat. It is very effective.

A quick Google suggests it is

• Like 14
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning.

Rick, I can soooo sympathise.  There's something 'special' about foot pain, it reaches figures other parts cannot reach.  I have broken, bent and bashed many body parts over the years as well as several bouts of surgery, but have never experienced pain like the Lisfranc fracture and its repair delivered.  I see Dave has been there in some form too - my commiserations!

Mike, the 'singing in the real rain' experience was here a few weeks ago - I gave it a miss, we get enough here as it is, but it proved popular.

This morning brings the OF bike club meeting, but not in our usual venue as they have not as yet returned from their break.  The 'new' place may turn out the be regular as the eats are better.  We do have some loyalty towards then though, as they lost their lease on their previous place under dodgy dealing circumstances so we moved with them to support their new venue as they struggled to get it up and running.  They are better established now though, we'll see what the next few weeks brings.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morni g from a very Maritime bit of the Charente.  It's raining hard and hopefully  some of yhe mud is being washed away.  Nursey has been and is pleased with Beth. She was very pleased with a Paté recipe that Beth had given her. She'd made some for Christmas  and apparently  her brother couldn't believe that it was  from an English patient.

Breakfast about to be eaten and coffee drunk.  Much time in the shed today I hope.

Regards to all and Rick, hope that gout gets sorted.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all.

Downtown Newcastle much more pleasant than the night before as no football on and many more places open hence  it was very pleasant in the Newcastle Tap drinking Bernard Dark , a rather nice Czech brew.

A better nights sleep to previous night when the air con alarm went off at 2am. Luckily hotel staff managed to switch it off from the service cupboard and had air con working in the room by our return last night.

This morning we train it to York for lunchtime beer then hopefully a TPE push pull service to Leeds, drop bag at hotel then meet up with Baz for afternoon beers.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

What's an "air con alarm"?

Irritating that it would go off at 2:00am.

I think its a thermostat/alarm that is under the bed side table. I managed ot take the cover off but no means of disconnecting it without breaking it. I didnt know it was that till they switched it off along with the air con control box. It sounded like a ceiling fire alarm you would have at home but the fire alarm sounder is above the bed . The previous night it was flashing red and making quite a noise. Overnight and morning its flashing green

20200103_075114.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12