The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Ladies and gents it is that time of year again.  Before I retire to bed and on account of knowing already that I am unlikely to be here tomorrow may I beg a moment's reflection?

We have several ERs who have, in one way or another, been to sea or who still choose to spend time afloat.  I was never one to leave safe harbour but always hung around the boats after school which is how I came to know James Stephen Madron as a youngster.  Being from the next village and always hanging around the boats we all knew "Trev", Trevelyan Richards, just because of his position in the community and on the lifeboat.  

Never forgotten, lads.  

https://rnli.org/about-us/our-history/timeline/1981-penlee-lifeboat-disaster

Real lump in the throat time.

• Agree 19

• RMweb Premium

8 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Crikey! Someone just sent me this. I've no idea what it is. Any suggestions?

DiamondX.JPG.e30709df7b5384eb9c997155af55971f.JPG

Maybe  part of a bike, it would definitely be a Derailleur set up like that...

Mooring awl, Inner Temple Hare, 1082 / 676

A very poor nights sleep of 1 hour+ 2 hours + indeterminate semi dozing..

Exceedingly heavy rain last night, So Ben the I'm not going out in that Collie didn't, he was somewhat desperate this morning though and did go out in the dark, but not beyond the lights from the house..

Added to the things failing around us SWMBO came home from weaving complaining about the headlights …. so I went out to check, left hand side has failed on dipped. It at least is a standard H4 bulb, though how much of a wrestling match it will be to get in, I don't know. it certainly was difficult to change the side light bulb..

So on the shopping list at the moment is, H4 bulb, 2X tap revivers, one battery for the in car camera / navigator which is a lipo claiming to be 3.2 mm thick but 700 mA.. Not that size it isn't (35mm X 50mm), So I'll just have to get the biggest that I can find that will fit in that small space.. Stopping off at Screwfix on the way home and now at Wilco car parts for the lights, just a few hundred yards further on, the lipo will have to be researched and internet ordered.

I could see fog lifting from the fields on the way home and the odd bank of which stretched onto the road. But the was no fog this morning, there was river water on the road though, as the rivers are still high and the Amber warning lasts till the weekend.

Time to... head for the lab and measure some Currents.. (no not sultanas)

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

11 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

And relax.  Hopefully not with any stiletto marks afterwards.  I've been to Korea too.....ahem.

So have I, twice this year - excellent place.

Though not a sniff  no sign of any Stilletos ......

• Like 9
  • Funny 6

1 hour ago, AndyID said:

Crikey! Someone just sent me this. I've no idea what it is. Any suggestions?

DiamondX.JPG.e30709df7b5384eb9c997155af55971f.JPG

Some one obviously wants you to get a good spanking from you know who, for posting that pic on here Andy.:no:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Returning to the Hippodrome shortly via the Penderyn distillery and Monkland Cheese dairy. 

Penderyn - too light for me by far - even their peated version seemed to be a bit so - but then I cut my eye teeth on Lagavulin, as I was introduced to single malts by a guy whom I met in the Pot Still in Glasgow many years ago, and who said that if I could cope with that, I could cope with anything whisky related - the guy in question was a whisky writer, and he was right, though it left me with a bias towards peat and phenol.

As to Monkland, it's just off the A44 and just out of Leominster if I'm not mistaken, and the do some very nice cheeses - 30747's best friend lives about two miles from there, so we pass it (and drop on for a few examples) quite frequently.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit foggy last night but now its lifted. Should have a delivery soon of something that runs on two parallel strips of metal and another that doesn't but is still 1/76th of the size of the real thing. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 17