The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare. 1083/677

And moorings it very nearly is, a night of heavy rain on soggy soil has left nowhere much for the water to go, big puddles even on the major roads. the bit in Wroxham where the river escapes the on the car park and thence to the road was under water..

A bad nights sleep I just couldn't get comfortable and kept waking up, how much sleep did I get .. not a lot..

Ben the relaxed Collie however was happy curled up in bed, only to sneak out onto the sofa while I made breakfast, he returned to his bed when I re-appeared..

I remember receiving those punch cards in bundles of 10 in the post, very useful, as in those days the only time a bank was open was while you were at work and being in the RAF there was no getting off for a few minutes  over an hour to get into town and back to go to the bank.

When I get home to night I see I'm going to go on the main computer and give the sound board something to do. The noise level of all those Toccatas may well persuade Ben the I'm scared of loud noises Collie to hide in his cage..

Time to head for the lab...

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium

It was usually what took place after she'd walked up and down that took your mind off the back pain. Definitely a cause for objection in certain quarters!

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Morning all,

The management and the Good doctor have gone out - presumably to the singing group they have taken up with which is some sort of 'sing and be less miserable happier' thing designed to get folk out of the house.  Talking of which I really need to visit various local emporia in continuing search of round head woodscrews - even KZ's excellent information re another source drew a blank but there are three local outlets to try although two are parts of a major group so offer little hope judging by other major groups' lack of suitable items.  Great shame that the one local source for the harder to find items should have closed down, probably an indication of the building etc trade nowadays wanting to do everything the quick and not so neat way - my dad would no doubt be rapidly rotating in his grave if he were to know of such things.

We have now joined the 'Flood Alert' situation with the river locally teetering on the brink of coming over the top in various places where nobody lives.  Well that's what the website says but looking at the same website's map tells a different story although it seem alarmist  as it shows the warning area extending a long way beyond the 100 year flood level!  The most likely scenario is that the river will burst its banks in a few places but not by anything really noticeable as the web extract below shows.   No worry for us of course as we're nearly 100 feet above the lock.

689949369_Floodalertmarshlocklevels.jpg.8794c62ee2587d15d0a5079816f5e474.jpg

May the rest of the day go well for you all

https://www.toolstation.com/search?q=wood screws slotted

And we are still,

Capture.JPG

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Talking of which I really need to visit various local emporia in continuing search of round head woodscrews - even KZ's excellent information re another source drew a blank but there are three local outlets to try although two are parts of a major group so offer little hope judging by other major groups' lack of suitable items.  Great shame that the one local source for the harder to find items should have closed down, probably an indication of the building etc trade nowadays wanting to do everything the quick and not so neat way - my dad would no doubt be rapidly rotating in his grave if he were to know of such things.

A good friend, recently sadly departed, swore by Drews at Caversham Bridge in Reading Mike. Is that the emporium that you say has closed down?

• Like 9

9 hours ago, AndyID said:

Not a big surprise.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boeing-to-suspend-737-max-production-in-january-11576532032

Somewhere along the line Boeing management might have put a bit too much emphasis on software. The great thing about software is very few senior managers have the faintest idea about any of it, particularly as it relates to real-time events.

I better shut-up now.

Indeed - no surprise, frankly I'm amazed it's taken them this long to do it.

They've run out of places to store the blqqdy things :O they had already started using the staff parking lot at Renton to park them by mid-summer.

Lord knows where all they have them parked now :jester:

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium

The master 1A 10a and 20A references have returned from their Holidays down at Barnes Wallace bouncing golf ball land , near Gwiwer. So that gives me plenty to do tomorrow, comparing them, against our secondary master references, and since they have arrived against this weeks major system which is otherwise complete..

The predictions of what the values of the shunts should be and the actual measured values of those that came back from Teddington are within the uncertainty of measurement, which is always a good sign...

Well, half an hour to half past week for me as I have Friday off..A quick search for Highland Park, then time to go sit with Ben as SWMBO will have paddled her way to weaving group by the time I get home..

It's still raining...

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, BSW01 said:

The pad with small squares is particularly useful when planning component layout on veroboard. 

Over here it's almost impossible to buy lined paper. Everything is gridded up in 5mm squares.  If you ever need any pads or notebooks let me know.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 12