The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a bit of The Charente that's slowly getting light. Nursey is here with Beth and coffee is being consumed.  Some time was spent in the shed yesterday and things did progress.  Today a friend is coming over to help change the pool cover as holes are appearing in the old one.  I've siphoned as much of the rain water off it as I can but it's still heavy work getting the old one off as there is always some water left in with leaves in it which musn't get i to the pool.  This afternoon the plumbing in the utility room is to be attacked.  Maybe some more shed time tonight.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I quite like this version of Bachs Toccata & Fugue. well the bit they used.. Hope I've got the right bit, I can't actually hear the music on this PC

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

And I will probably never now manage to pick up these back pages that I've missed, and apologies if I missed anything too important - and of course, greetings to the ailing and the celebrating.  As seems to be a daily event now, ERs is progressing by about three to four pages a day, and there's always a lot of water passing under this particular bridge.

Try Sky for a very nice interpetation of Bach - this version was live

Kevin Peek as ever being a brilliant lead - Sky were a very clever merge of the classical and rock/pop, but they never got the recognition they deserved.

Just had a lovely toasted bacon buttie - I've discovered that a toasting bag makes for a rather nice sarnie - five rashers of Alid smoked streaky, two slices of Lidl's farmhouse bread, stick in toaster in a toasting bag, and when done, some tomato ketchup.   Serve with some Booth's Columbian coffee (nice to see that Tony has found the North West's best kept secret of a combination of deli and supermarket - they are great, albeit a tad expensive), and you have a great breakfast.

Now it's walk Lily again, and off for a shift at LASAR, probably getting rid of the excess books before Christmas - there's about £95 to shift and that's money that the Organistion can use.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it isn’t raining for a change and the sky is trying to turn blue, but is currently a pale grey colour. Sheila has been dropped off at her Zumba class and I am now back home alone. The first task I have is to change the faulty dimmer switch in the dining room. This could have been done over the weekend, but I prefer to do this type of job when I have the place to myself, that way I’m don’t constantly asked, when will the lights be back on. Oh well, best get cracking on with it, back later. 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4

4 hours ago, chrisf said:

Good morning one and all

I had some “fun” with my mobile phone yesterday.

The prime candidate will be the Swiss railway timetable if, as I fear, I succumb to pressure to go electronic. 

Chris

Fear not, Chris. Once at Interlaken, what constitutes my brain is there for the picking!

• Like 7
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not snowing this morning. We are leaving soon and heading home. Lunch will be a late lunch as the "Traditional Breakfast" will keep 7s going for a while. We will stop somewhere for tea or coffee though. Probably enough petrol in the car until next year I suspect..

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. The new kettle caught me by surprise this morning, its twice as fast as the old one. Water pressure is still low, a neighbour has informed me that he was suffering the same problem and when he checked with the water company and was told that pressure was reduced to preserve the pipes and prevent leaks. There has been a few water leaks locally over the last few months, so much for privatisation. Glad to see you back ID. Is it true that doctors make the worst patients? 

9 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I am listening to this rendition of Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D Minor (BWV 565) and just realized that something is missing:

Brought tears to my eyes!

I noticed that there was no sheet music, played entirely from memory, brilliant!

Edited by PhilJ W
Fat finger syndrome.
  • Like 14
  • Agree 4

13 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Good Morning All,

Back home after a somewhat eventful week. The highlights:

• Major surgery on Monday (which took 2.5 hrs - full details available if interested). Now have repaired patella, a tibia that has had a sectioned removed and replaced and had an allograft replacing two loose screws (no sniggering in the back...)
  • Weight bearing and ambulatory on Monday, discharged Sunday.
  • Staples to be removed next Monday.
  • Instructed by Surgeon, assistant surgeon, surgical registrar, nurses and physiotherapist "not to do too much". Mrs iD not happy
  • Doggies returned from hotel kennels today - most pleased to be back home (dogs and iD)
  • Outpatient physiotherapy for 5 weeks, mandatory crutch use and daily heparin for next 5 weeks

Full/further details to be posted later - as will be photos.

Cheers

iD

Good to see that you've survived and are now back in a safe place! Looks like Mrs ID will have to curtail ambitions for the while.

I will wait until I meet up with Chris (given his outlook on current technology) before organising a rendez vous.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Another somewhat damp and dismal day out there however we need to venture forth to the big city town in order to visit a supplier of  electrical bits and pieces in order to obtain some LED bulbs for various lights in the study as all four in the picture lamps have given up the ghost within days of each other and we can't get any locally.  Hardly a surprise that we can't get any locally as that just goes along with all the other things we can't get locally - but at least we still have some nail bars and more eateries (various) than you would wish to shake a stick at and branches of both Waitrose and Tesco.   I am commanded to take the Good Doctor mobile in order to replenish its fuel tank at a considerable saving compared with the rip-off prices we have to pay locally.

On a more serious note I am pleased to see that ChrisF has decided not to take the course of developing prehensile thumbs in order to operate his personal communication device.  That does of course raise an interesting question as to whether or not the addition of that prehensile ability would be of any help in muddling small items running on parallel strips of metal?  In fact would prehensile thumbs be much use for anything beyond message writing on small communication devices and turning on/off light switches I wonder?

Enjoy your day everybody - it's time to venture forth (or rather it will be soon).

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Shedman5 said:

Still getting my head around becoming a Granddad! We know its a boy name/s decided but they have kept that as a secret until the birth.

Enjoy your day

Alan

Shedman5 ??:D

• Like 3
  • Funny 10