The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning, daylight and full-ish moon shining-ish. Muggertea delivered to boss (who was dissatisfied with my opening of bedroom curtains it seems). WE have to think about Christmas food shopping now and your ‘umble scribe must spend time on outside decorations that would hugely p!ss off Ms G Thurnburg. Sympathies to GDB supporting his team of oval ball chasers, my lot will get their stuffing from a team of the same island later. With  many days yet until the “big” day, our fridge and larder will need stocking anyway. KZ cannot live on the love of SWMBO alone :D and chance would be a fine thing any such mucky thoughts need to be served up with much advance notice (so I can run away)!

May I urge caution to Jamie on intending to use a paraffin heater in his man-cave? Remember that all burners consume oxygen (as does local low-life) and such heaters also generate CO2 and some CO in the products of combustion. I would hate to lose his contributions from this place.

• Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Still a very unhappy bunny.  I don't think anyone queries the outcome, just the consequences of that outcome.  At least we don't have widespread gerrymandering, vote denial and the rejection of voting forms due to the wrong shaped hole. 

A change in constituency boundaries has been outstanding for several years.  This would have benefitted the Conservative Party, presumably less so now they hold many of the seats due for amalgamation.  It would also piss off the SNP as many of their tiny Glasgow seats would disappear.

Bill

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

Morning All 

I tried to post last night it would clear so gave up it becomes depressing even when little don't go right spose it matches the sort of week I've had.

Today's lady date texted me to confirm I would be meeting her this morning Of course I said, I hope I can put a happy face on by the time I reach Reading later on.

I see politics have entered the scene again by the same person as previous times give it a rest please instead get a soap box and buqqer off to Speakers Corner.

I better get read for the off, enjoy your day the sun it out. :superman:  S.O.Larpanel  :biggrin_mini2:

Edited by 81C
typo
  • Friendly/supportive 12

41 minutes ago, Simon G said:

We are trying to empty the freezer a bit in advance of family descending on us for Christmas.

Sounds like a plan!

Sorry, can't feed you, no food in the freezer! :jester:

• Funny 18

54 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

Where has the pale sunshine gone? Rain is hammering tapping on my windowpane and I've turned on the lights! Time to reorganise the day methinks, no doubt a certain person will "have plans" instead.

Right on cue the rain has now stopped and said pale sunshine has returned. @Kingzance and I are I think, only a few miles apart and this will be our weather pattern for the rest of the day - sunshine and showers. Watch out for the wind between 1 and 2!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Sunny/cloudy/sunny here this morning and that means its windy. Not up to hooley standards but the wind noise is noticable. (No not that wind noise!) A word of warning if you are having a 'real' Christmas tree in the house. There is a rising incidence of such trees harbouring insect eggs. When the trees are bought indoors the light and heat triggers the hatching of those eggs. People have found their homes infested with juvenile insects and/or spiders. It is happening quite often in the US but a few instances have been reported in the UK.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 11

Well it may have been cold and damp this morning but I put on my new bestest warm waterproof(ish) coat and headed out to Parkrun as a token handler.

Glad I wasn't running as Mother Nature had placed a few obstacles around the run - a mud bath and a new lake but the coat did it's job.

My germophobia seems to be less of an issue, last week I was stroking dogs and handling tokens after a record number of people threw up at the end of the run, this week I was sorting tokens whilst eating a bacon butty.

This afternoon I think will be spent on xtrkcad seeing what I can fit in 7 ft by 60 cm ( don't ask why I happily mix metric and imperial)

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, southern42 said:

Most of the Ch******s cards done, only to find out, yesterday (via google after finding her website had been taken down) when I got to her card, that one of my college friends I had kept in touch with died last February.

This has happened to me on a number of occasions, where friends have died and you don't find out about it until much later.

Yes it can be stressful, but letting friends know in good time doesn't cause them the embarrassment, and the recipients relatives the added grief of receiving a Christmas or birthday card/gift for some one who has been deceased for 6 months or so.

I appreciate it can be a stressful time, but found that it was quite a simple task to go through (the last one I did was my father) the address book and email address list he kept and email/write to those he kept in touch with.

• Like 15
  • Agree 4