The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

The town we lived in Sonoma County was the typical American small town, just like in the pictures; it was featured once in Hitchcock movie once.

Bodedga Bay Brian?

Sonoma County can still charming, even though the population has exploded.  You need to avoid 101 during "rush" hour however.

Along with the homes of many others, sadly the late Charles Schulz' Santa Rosa home burned down in the Tubbs Fire in 2017. His widow escaped. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6

Without revealing any particular political affiliations I do find it interesting that a certain political figure in the UK has been reluctant to be interviewed by one Andy Neil. Andy Neil and I were in the same secondary year at a school in Paisley and, at one time, Andy and I were quite interested in model railways. I'm not sure if Andy retained his interest in model railways but I did.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 5

The local television news have had a field day lately. Don't worry, they weren't reporting on politics, though their usual "if it bleeds it leads" kind of story did just that.

A California burger chain with a cult following, today opened a new (third) location in Oregon that is now their most northerly outlet. Despite the fact that it is at least 45 miles (45 minutes with no traffic) south from downtown Portland and there must be thousands of other locations to procure hamburgers that are far more convenient for Portlanders, the TV news have been running "when will they open" stories all week, culminating in live remotes of the opening today.

People drove or stood in queues for hours on opening day. (Apparently for three to four hours in the drive-through.) One of the requirements for opening was a traffic plan. Today's traffic was diverted through a zig-zag queue in the car park of the local minor league baseball stadium to accommodate the long queues. (There's no baseball in winter.)

Having lived in California I am familiar with the In-N-Out Burger chain. Despite it's huge following (in my humble opinion) it is overrated. I found the caramelized onions in particular to be greasy.

Back in the day, "lads" with pick up trucks would modify the chain's bumper stickers by removing the "B" and "R" from "BURGER" resulting in something like this:

IN-N-OUT

URGE

It was a thing. They were everywhere. Inevitably there was a kerfuffle and the company discontinued this design of bumper sticker.

• Like 14
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from across La Manche.   I finally got to sleep about 1am our time.  Nuff said.

Beth is still struggling with the insulin doses and seems to be caught in between what the nurses think she should be taking and what the Dr has written.   Hopefully things will start to settle down in due course.

On another tack completely the house in Morley that we are selling has finally gone on the market and has appeared on Zoopla.   Rather worryingly it is not on the estate agent's website.  Hopefully that will be resolved today but we do have a viewing tomorrow.   The sooner we can get it sold the better.   Meantime life carries on with various things to do and errands to run today.   It isn't actually raining at the moment but the muddy hollow on the way out of the village is growing.   

If things go well I may even be able to escape to the shed at some point.   

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare, 1087/679.

Five 5 hours, Sleep wonderful, helped by pink pills and 18.5 cl of wine, after that nothing, but intermittant dozes on the sofa. overall I'm knackered.

That left me watching a certain event, which went as expected, not neccessarily how I wanted or some others with blinkers expected..

My back has eased considerably, though I expect to take more pink pills at tea break.

I'm working on some must do shunts, before returning to the Calibrator.

I'm not surprised at the USA's officialdom, as I go on sailing sites, which based in america show an awful lot of bureaucracy the UK sailor does not have.

Today is unusual at home, SWMBO is going to the funeral of the husband of the lady she is teaching to paint. After which she is dog sitting for her, as the lady goes to a private family cremation. So I need to be prompt home today, as Ben will be on his own for a long time. 

Tonight is MRC Night, it will be Much Fencing on the Marsh again, I estimate another 200 posts to be put in..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Once again we have a day that is starting with wetness falling from the sky. Sheila has decided that she would like to come along on the Asda, Trafford Centre shopping trip today, so that will mean a much longer time will be spent there than usual. But it’s that time of the year when things need to be bought!

Back later. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Good morning from an overcast Surrey.

I like Ian (OD's) thinking. We would have probably done the same but very wary of the SWR strike at present. There is a relatively new bar in the parade of shops part of Exeter Central entrance called Tabac. More craft beer than ale but its not bad.

Been in the shed working on the goods shed building. next will be the road bridge but with the windows shut the Humbrol Liquid Poly does get a bit over powering so may have to let some cold air in. Getting low on Liquid Poly so that needs to be added to the list of items to pick up at Squires after haircut along with more styrene sheets then to Gaugemaster to get he remaining 009 track and then it will be  beer o'clock from there.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not much to say about politics only that last nights results were not exactly unexpected but personally disappointing. I'm inclined to the same opinion of a certain politician as Chris F. Annoying thing this morning with regard to the election coverage on the BBC was there was no weather reports? or for that matter any other news other than the election.

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Chaos at moreasons. A light bulb exploded so all of the nreakfast had to be thrown out and started again. Luckily though her indoors could  have a porridge and I goy my poached eggs on toast.

Now for some mudelling.

Baz

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14