The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

10 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Took Dad to Royal Stoke hospital for a cardiologist appointment yesterday. After the now usual half hour battle to find somewhere to park followed by the trek to the right department, he was taken away for an ECG and other preliminaries. Another hour went by and he finally got in to see a doctor who expressed surprise that Dad had a pacemaker, as his notes didn't record that, as well as stating that the appontment was actually unnecessary as all investigations had seemingly been carried out at a previous appointment at Telford. Apart from wasting our time, fuel, parking fee etc., I wonder what that fiasco cost the NHS?

Hello, I'm right hand; don't think we've met ....

5 hours ago, TheQ said:

I think Jamie needs to do some detective work on His N s someone is stealing them..

and that's one of the few letters in the same place on both QWERTY and AZERTY keyboards!!

2 hours ago, Simon G said:

Well it has rained cats and dogs here today, with the strong wind behind it.

It could have been worse, as some poor Openreach guy has been parked at the end of our drive for about an hour and he has been out in the wind and rain in a BT hole in the ground next to a telegraph pole there.  Rather him than me!

Just be thankful it isn't (at least yet, anyway) hailing taxis.

• Like 18

Evening, brother now left and back home, but nothing done today, lousy weather so a lazy day inspecting eyelids with a hope of nicer weather outside tomorrow. The festive tree is up and SWMBO has done the decorating, I'm only allowed to install the lights, not quite the skilled job it used to be now LEDs are affixed and there's no loose connections anymore, looks nice though, only another fortnight to the big day...………………………………………….(what ever happened to the 12 days of Christmas, more like 12 weeks now).

• Like 16
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

what ever happened to the 12 days of Christmas, more like 12 weeks now

They don't start for two weeks yet. If the UK is similar to the US, the secular Christmas season as popularly observed ends at New Year's Day, not through the 12 days.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
Clarification
  • Like 10
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

They don't start for two weeks yet. If the UK is similar to the US, the Christmas season as observed ends at New Year's Day, not through the 12 days.

It's all beyond me!

I've been told non-RMWeb Mick will deliver my logs Friday pm or Saturday am, excellent news! Just about staying awake given last night's interruptions but about to pop the night-time pills and surrender to Morpheus. Pleasant dreams everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

23 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Accepted file types jpg, stl, png, pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, dwg, dxf, obj, gif, jpeg, JPG, JPEG, ino, mp3, svg · Max total size 10MB

Safely back from our various appointments and Beth has been discharged from the surgical department at the hospital.   The consultant is very pleased with her progress and the way the abscess has healed.  Whilst heading for my scan this morning I called at the big red and white shed (Bricomarche and others are available) and got all the plumbing parts I need for the utility room.   Out of interest here is a picture of the rats nest of pipes that I discovered.

PC080286.JPG.4c2b3df278ac2342a42c5620ce65b5ac.JPG

The shower waste runs along the bottom and that will acquire an in line trap.  The sink waste will be cut off near the top of the 32mm part and have some new pipework added to mate up with the new sink.  The washer waste will connect into the sink waste trap and on the right where the washer waste is running temporarily I will add a U bend for the dishwasher waste.  The pipework has obviously been  added to over the years which is why there are two sets of hot and cold feeds.  One in 12mm pipe to the sink and one in 16mm to the shower.  The new bathroom spurs off the 16mm pipes just out o to the left.  More insulation will be added as well.  It should keep me quiet for a day.

Good news about Alison.

Jamie

The last four bathrooms I have fitted, I used those flexible connections with the fitted isolation tap included, so when washers need changing or new taps/fittings need working on there's no need to isolate supply or drain pipes, even fitted them on the feed to the toilet system, so much easier, you just close the individual isolator tap, this sort of thing https://www.diy.com/departments/flexible-tap-connector-with-valve-dia-15mm-dia-l-300mm/243589_BQ.prd

• Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1