The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Things are not going my way!

I decided to try growing a beard, but ended up looking too much (for my liking) like Gerry Adams.

So having shaved it off, I decided to cheer myself up with some fancy new glasses. There were a very nice pair of octagonally shaped frames in the opticians, but when I tried them on I looked like Otto Flick (of the Gestapo).

After this I went home and finished a bottle of Penderyn.

I feel  much better now.

Ah, Herr Flick of the fallen boobies was played by Richard Gibson, any coincidence that there are two Richards mentioned in your post I wonder? :scratchhead:Now, should I continue with an O13 or pour a wee dram? I can't have a lie-in as I want to cheer on some strapping younger men in white tomorrow morning!

Edited by Kingzance
  • Like 17

6 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I have made mango kulfi. Not only do I cheat by using evaporated milk, I also cheat by using mango pulp instead of spending ages chopping up mango. 
I have saved the Diwali celebrations and have obtained a coconut from Tesco. 34p, instead of the £3.00 one that Aditi’s sister now doesn’t have to order from Ocado. I didn’t forget the evaporated milk either this time. 
Tony

Can't you get cocoanut milk in cans?

Brian.

• Like 2
  • Agree 10

37 minutes ago, Kingzance said:

Ah, Herr Flick of the fallen boobies was played by Richard Gibson, any coincidence that there are two Richards mentioned in your post I wonder? :scratchhead:Now, should I continue with an O13 or pour a wee dram? I can't have a lie-in as I want to cheer on some strapping younger men in white tomorrow morning!

Wouldn't go by the name of Morris, by any chance?

• Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Wouldn't go by the name of Morris, by any chance?

There used to be a Morris amongst them, Dewi was his first name. I'm not sure if he wore bells on his socks but he had a reasonable box kick.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

2 hours ago, AndyID said:

They don't make 'em like that anymore ;)

Camaro, Mustang, Corvette, Chrysler Mini-van?

No big deal, my 1995 Lincoln MK8 is a daily driver.  Less than 200K , looks good, goes good!;)

Brian.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

In my youf (early 60's), Dad bought a Cossor tape recorder to save his old 78's for his posterity. He didn't seem to get the hang of it but I used to take it upstairs every Sunday afternoon to record Fluff Freeman and Top of the Pops. This was then our background musak for the local Youf Klub each Wednesday evening.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Dave Hunt said:

I thought they were made out of old battleships.

Dave 

Very possible.  The one a friend had however, looked more like the 'deck' was made from a kitchen unit - sort of Formica kind of finish.  It was huge!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening. It's been so warm today thst we didn't even relight the fire this morning.  After going to see the chicks I stacked the last two stears of wood.  I was planning to spend time making a new shutter this afternoon in the shed but the powers that be decided that it was time to filter and bottle this years cherry brandy. I was needed for occasional  fetching and carrying purposes so used my time reading a book and baking two malt loaves. Obviously at the end of these processes some of the liquid had to be quality controlled and two slices of loaf buttered and sampled.  We then had a swarm of ladybirds that seem to be able to get through door and window frames.  A very nice lamb curry was made by Beth so not a bad day in all.

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, 81C said:

found it was the co-codamol giving me the problems and the BP tablet which was changed back to the original one as the quack said the new

one is better????? 

"Better" is doc speak for "Cheaper"......

• Like 8
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening awl, 

Tis windy and strangely warm out there,  a veritable snowstorm of leaves coming off the trees. 

Getting to the MRC was difficult,  there are roadworks on the A149, with a long section coned off under the lack of control of traffic lights, my end was letting about 3 cars through at a time, the other end was not lit up at all.  Chaos reigned.. 

It was still musical layouts at the MRC due to redecoration, but by the end of today everything was in its new position,  with more useable space generated. I worked on some plastic items made in Devon that came to me via the IoM, little people have something to stand on while waiting for the next iron horse. 

Choccy time,  

Goodnight Awl.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17