The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

19 hours ago, Tony_S said:

In case anyone is wondering about the evaporated milk, most halwa recipes require boiling down high fat (Gold top) milk. Aditi has better things to do...

Tony

When I was a student, a housemate of mine decided she would make Kulfi and that involved her standing by the stove stirring a big pot while the milk evaporated. It took her most of the day. The kulfi was nice.

Greetings all from LBG where it is cloudy but not raining. My cold is in full flow - at least my nose is, anyway.

The wine tasting was enjoyable, a selection whites, roses and reds, one English, one French - served blind to see if you could work out which was which. If he'd done it with sparkling it might have been a bit harder.

The weekend promises to be quiet.

Best wishes to John as he copes.

And I hope that those who are ailing, including NHN, recover their energies

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, BoD said:

It would appear that things are going pear shaped for Baz setting up the Leeds model railway exhibition.

He has just had a request played on Classic FM to help them through.

Did he request a particular tune?

Tony

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Did he request a particular tune?

Tony

A piece by Rachmaninoff. 

I was so surprised at hearing his name I didn't notice which. 

Now that he has been on radio I must ask for his autograph next time we meet.

I do hope they manage to get things sorted ready for the exhibition.

• Like 9
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

The kulfi was nice.

I have made mango kulfi. Not only do I cheat by using evaporated milk, I also cheat by using mango pulp instead of spending ages chopping up mango. 
I have saved the Diwali celebrations and have obtained a coconut from Tesco. 34p, instead of the £3.00 one that Aditi’s sister now doesn’t have to order from Ocado. I didn’t forget the evaporated milk either this time. 
Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Nearly forgot, for all you rugby fans, England have come up with an answer to New Zealands Haka.>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjLATAUwao

We had a Morris group on Camel Quay.  The starring role was of course the 'Obby 'Oss but the fun bit was the black-faced Teaser doing his "Haka" bit with his barbecued blutack fish-on-a-stick at the group of school girls.  Scary...?image.png.d1500aac43db06a7ccbc2711de4d9d82.png

_________

Polly

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl, 

I didn't make like dick van dyke,  I made like Al Jolson or is it Justin Trudeau?  

Well that's what I looked like when. Chimney sweeping part 1 was completed. 

The stove has an alternative chimney position on the back to which is glued a blanking plate. Or isn't because I knocked it off. This means I've had to extract the entire stove form the fire place to get at the back.  Therefore I've decided to do an entire refurbish, high temperature  glue and sealant have been ordered along with the glass string,  and what passes for black lead to polish it all up afterwards. Preparation work was carried out.. 

Most of the stuff is due to arrive tomorrow,  it's noticeable that the the days of Amazon even small companies are doing free?  24 hour delivery.. 

When I finished,  Ben the, I want you to take me out Collie was giving me the big hint.  So we've been for his long walk,  the track down by the marshes is getting soggy,  as are the adjoining fields.  Added water was beginning to fall. 

Time for a Muggacoffee then an eyelid inspection.. 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

This 

Is 

UK power networks

For safety purposes 

The

Power

Is 

Going

to

Be 

Switched 

Off

In 

N

R

X

X

X

Radio silence will be assumed shortly.. 

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm back, just long enough ago to have phoned the garage.. Still no car, maybe by lunchtime tomorrow,

We are however going shopping tomorrow,  funnily enough , a trip including  Sheringham , so a visit to a shop that used to be called autoloco maybe called  for, followed by a visit to Cromer and Buoys toys. Can't show favoritism between the crabs and the lobsters. 

Dinner followed by a quick eyelid inspection beckons,  before MRC tonight.. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Still no sign of rain but rather windy. I was about to mention that Tescoes at Pitsea had the coconuts that Tony required but he'd already found them, they were in the reduced aisle. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

I quite like a bit of Morris dancing, tried it once on the bonnet of my mates moggie 1000, I fell off...………………………………..

Did you dress up as a cabbage ??

• Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, looks as though tomorrow I may be making my first ride on a white worm..... but only a short journey from Sevenoaks to Swanley to attend EXPONG.

Normally the journey from here means a trip to Ashford Intl. and then change to a Swanley train via Maidstone but when I looked at the offerings on the National Rail Planner,  as well as the hourly service via Maidstone, there was a second option (on the noon train only) which involved a change of train at Sevenoaks instead of Ashford Intl. 

Further investigation showed that the Sevenoaks to Swanley service is provided by Thameslink and Great Northern TL so I presume this means a white worm. I'll find out tomorrow if it is a white worm.

Keith

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

Today we are required to look for a coconut. None available in Enfield (allegedly). I suppose I will be able to at least get the evaporated milk.

Tony

I was going to suggest you nip round to The Palm Court to see if they have any but it seems you've already cracked it.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 14

Evening all, well the sore throats cleared up so lazing around doing nothing much all day does do you good...……………………………………..

We had a sharp frost earlier so after lighting the fire and filling the bird feeders I've spent the day flexing muscles ready for something, not sure what yet though. Off to Aberdeen to the clubs model show tomorrow, meeting up with a pal and hopefully get some gear for the layout, I have a list, but with Santa's visit imminent I might get in trouble if I come home heavily laden lol.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7