The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The orange thunderstorms didn’t pass over Benfleet but it did rain quite a lot overnight. 
I have an appointment to see my GP this afternoon. I made the appointment a couple of weeks ago. I could have had an earlier appointment but I particularly wanted to see my GP and she was on leave. 
Tony

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Last nights rain is still falling, admittedly not as heavy as last night, but it’s still falling none the same. Now that breakfast has been consumed my next task will be to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, as well as visiting a couple of other shops near by. I will be unaccompanied this morning as Sheila will be at the Dentist’s having an emergency extraction! 

Once I’ve returned home and put away all the shopping I will hopefully get a bit more work done in the cellar. 

Back later. 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Drizzle again this weather has become tiresome.

Not feel my best today ended up with a sore throat last night despite the best efforts made with the Brandy bottle and antiseptic throat spray.

It's back under the duvet for me maybe several extra hours kip will help rather than push my luck and try to do something. 

Enjoy your day :superman:Idell Bustard :biggrin_mini2:

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Bright and sunny this morning, just as well as I will have to go down to the bank to deposit the payment for the trip to Warley, coach and entrance fee to the organisers of the trip. As Tony said the lightning was absent last night, either that or I slept very well.

1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

I'm well hung then! 

Boasting or complaining? 

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Isn’t that something to do with slightly decomposed pheasants?

just before they are quartered..

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

Greetings all from LBG where the sun is shining between the clouds and there is no rain.

Best wishes to Sandy and John, and also to Sharon.

Work gets more hectic - the combination of year end and several concurrent projects does not make for a straightforward existence. Everyone seemed very tired at home. I suppose they have nearly reached half term....

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

Finally got out of bed and had a soup lunch, feeling better I think I'll try and start the day or it's on the sofa with a blanket and watch day time TV I'll be asleep again in 2 minutes flat.

tomorrow I'm giving a lift to a neighbour to the driving test centre he's taking his HGV theory test I spent a hour with him yesterday schooling him through the process it's what I've

taught in the past when companies paid me to work.

Happy Hippo says he is well hung, boasting again. :jester:

Better start moving I can feel the eyes wanting to close.    :boredom:

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

A morning full of ferrying of even older people than me to local health centres completed. The house's security system has been repaired and the contractor paid. I am now off to get the fish and then back to draw more Sports Pavilion variations before taking grandsons to golf via some fast food outlet (not sure which, it will be their choice as I shan't partake) then back and cook my fish before cribbage later. I do hope a full night's sleep uninterrupted buy the snoring of SWMBO will be the reward for such community service!

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Back from the GP with forms for investigations. I phoned Southend Hospital for a chest X ray appointment and have one for tomorrow afternoon.  I booked my blood tests for this Friday at a local clinic. GP said if any of the tests indicate a problem she will contact me, otherwise make an appointment to see her a week after the X ray appointment. There seem to be blood tests for so many things now. While at the surgery I collected Aditi’s routine diabetic blood test forms. We are very fortunate not to have such a good practice.  I did wait a fortnight for this appointment but as I think I mentioned that was out of choice. 
Tony

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

5 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Was Jemma involved with this? 

Unfortunately not as she's still in training through today...but is very active in "Women in Aviation" and does a lot to help promote the field for women interested.

She DOES have the necessary pink tie though, as she starts her operational line flights/observation Wednesday and all the crew wear pink "something" (stop that at the back!!).

The pilots just ties, but the female cabin crew have pink uniforms that some wear. For those curious/confused, October is "breast Cancer Awareness" month here, possibly everywhere, that I don't know, and Delta (as well as some other airlines) do some significant promotion of it...

https://news.delta.com/15-things-know-about-deltas-partnership-breast-cancer-research-foundation

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Warley is now all sorted and paid for so we can arrange an ER's meet up nearer the date. I walked into town to pay for the trip and I decided to walk back again (uphill most of the way) rather than wait for a bus, the first time I have done that in ages. I will have to do that more often as I need the exercise. I nipped into WH Smiths while I was in town but there was nothing interesting there. 

• Like 16