The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Hi Don,

I fear we (inc. my two sisters) may be making the Christmas Dinner as my dad has crushed a finger and my mum is due for a shoulder op on the 21st I think.

Not sure if we'll be getting the decorations down tomorrow or not - depends who's going where as I suspect they will have made plans without telling me!

"Livingston is on the A5"

Would have saved Stanley a trip.

Speaking of which; The Council paid for a very expensive full size statue of Stanley (HM not Laurel), who had local connections, and it was erected outside the Main Library.

As he is posed with his hand outstretched in greeting, the patina has already worn to a gold finish where folk shake his hand.

Of course, the local kids tend to put their bubble gum in his palm, too.

• RMweb Premium

Boy, this windstorm sure appears to be disinclined to going away! Temperatures are dropping as well, so the most recent forecast predicts a possibility of between one and four inches of snow over night. Dinner will be sushi, and after that I'll see to making things comfy.

• RMweb Gold

So much for being left out here.

It's now falling in shovel sized clumps and has brought local main roads to a slushy halt.

I recently had a phone call from my neighbours who have gone to Denbighshire to see their grandchildren in a nativity play. They are planning to attempt to get home tonight if they can get off their daughter's land. Local farmers were needed last year to assist their Lexus out.

The nativity play was in Welsh and the younger grandchild told his grandmother he'd explain the story to her afterwards.

What the heck would happen if England received 27" (yes, 2 foot 3inches) of snow in one storm as we did last Boxing Day?

It is entirely possible as that amount of snow only equals just over two inches of rain........

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold
Is that you next to the crossing barrier?

Put on a bit of weight since I last saw you..... :D

On the far side of the crossing in the dark wine shirt....

...and yes I am indeed of greater girth than I have been for a while.

I blame the dark wine.

I'll try to track you down on there BoD!

Went to the carol service with Jamie and she was relatively well behaved.

Had an interesting trip with some falling snow and some on the roads.

Don, if you think Livingston's in the wrong place, County Durham has the original Quebec, California and Washington...!

• RMweb Premium

Not to mention Wales in yorkshire and Philadelphia. Had an easy run up to Carlisle bit of fog on the tops on the way home but not bad 40mph in a 50mph limit.I know nothing about Livingston honest met a girl at Edinburgh Castle who took me back to Livingston I managed to avoid the paternity test though.

Jam, Good luck cooking the Christmas dinner. I'd be interested in the menu.

Will you boil a traditional Christmas pudding or buy a commercial one or have something different?

I can't be certain but I think I have probably only cooked four or five altogether, on the other occasions

I have been invited to other peoples Christmases.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Speaking of Christmas menus: We're planning to do a beef or lamb roast with veggies and ginger :) .

Weather looks fairly calm at the moment and there has not been any snow as of yet. I'm not sure whether we'll need to do any additional Christmas shopping today, and certainly hope we won't, considering the last time... :wacko:

Have a good one, guys...

Well, seeing as it's the day I leave the house half an hour earlier than when I'm at work, to take #1 daughter skating, then it must be Saturday....

And no, have no fear, unsuspecting punters won't be subjected to 'Chard ricocheting around the rink - I'll be in the cafe nearby with whatever new railway inkies I can find.

Have a good 'un one and all.

Guest Max Stafford

He's livin' the dream!

On the 7-4 shift today. Let's see what it brings. Snowing everywhere except Carlisle where the rain is falling onto frozen ground. Made getting to the car interesting!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The shed roof and the cars look as if they could be ice rinks this morning.

I managed to clear much of Matthew's room yesterday. I spoke to him yesterday and he isn't bothered by a load of model rail stuff in his room.

Not doing too much today, I suspect there will be a trip to the post office and then a walk across the fields with Robbie. He seems fine now, yesterday he was very lively and did a mighty leap(is there a canine long jump record?) over the stream to greet a dog he hadn't seen before.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

That's why every other British tourist is wearing that T-shirt this year.........

Good morning everybody!

Best, Pete.

Aditi could have done with the T-shirt. She was still cross at midnight about something that happened at work yesterday.

I can't hear the words "chamomile tea" without thinking of Peter Rabbit...

No fresh snow here but what came down yesterday is very icy now. My parents' house is at a crossroads, and the council grit one of the roads but not the other, and it's like an ice rink.