The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Richard has been through this before - and proved how brave he was then.

Then along came an experimental treatment which appeared to defeat the cancer and gave everyone confidence that recovery was on the way.

Now, it appears, it has returned with a vengeance.

Guest Max Stafford

What can you say? How awful. Anger won't stop it though as sadly, once nature's set on such a course there's not much anybody can do. I hope your friend's remaining time is as comfortable as possible.

I hope that one day our scientific knowledge is sufficiently advanced as to be able to contain permanently, if not cure, cancer in all its forms.

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Was just going to get down to some drivel, but following DD's post, I really don't feel like it - so as I just feel gutted at the news of yet another of the good guys getting bad news, so it's

Regards to All

Stewart

Yes, selfish of me to post it on ERs but it was the most noteworthy thing among other traumas yesterday.

BiL in Sweden is now laid up having hurt his back and may miss his return flight for example. This means In Law sitting will continue.

• RMweb Gold

Not much I can add really - to just go is one thing, but to have the perpetual shadow over you is just awful, surely you wouldn't be able to think about anything else?

Poor, poor man.

• RMweb Premium

I suspect some of it will be simply not knowing, my ex boss was given around 4 weeks to live last April his lung cancer had moved to his spine, He is still walking driving and riding his Triumphs he looks healthier now than he did working. All he says is that we never see him on the bad days.

Guest Max Stafford

Lads, it's been a bit of a sombre day and I think we need a bit of a cheer up.

How about a bit of Motown to lift the soul?

Hope it cheers you all up like it did me - even though it's a cover!

Dave.

Morning all, well it's Friday, and the end of another week I guess. We seemed to be getting pretty sombre yesterday after what seemed to be one lot of bad news after another. It's one of those situations were words fail me.

But hey, lets try to enjoy (if we can) today.?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

I also hope the weekend will bring better news for all of us. I'll be getting ready to leave in a few, but will require another cup of coffee first. Nothing much to report as of yet, though.

Cheers everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, promises to be a bright one here.

I've been getting to grips with my new entertainment centre phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2, and am mightily impressed with it. I've spent ages downloading apps for it, everything from sky maps to fart sounds (yeh, I know) to guitar pl;ayers - what impresses me amongst other things is that I can search for them on my laptop and then load them onto my phone from the laptop.

You can probably tell I'm easily pleased.......

Have a good one.

• RMweb Gold

I've been getting to grips with my new entertainment centre phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2, and am mightily impressed with it.

Shame there's not an App that does the oiling up under the loco for you. Not the best job on a cold, damp morning.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Some cloud but not cold here.

I spent some time on the phone (not a smart phone) with BT sorting my internet/phone package out. Anyway we are now about to get more for less. So next week first the new router/modem arrives then an engineer will call to install a new socket for it.

I have been given a list for today but nothing too strenuous, I don't want to be too tired for the model rail exhibition in Southend tomorrow. The exhibition is held near a large Waitrose so I expect I'll be given a shopping list as well tomorrow.

Phil, can the new phone control trains? Mine can't but I have seen such things demonstrated by AndrewC.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Phil, can the new phone control trains? Mine can't but I have seen such things demonstrated by AndrewC.

That's another good reason for me to get a smartphone! After all, it might help impress possible visitors who didn't care about model railways before... ;)