The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

That is truly outrageous, Dd. I hope there's a chance of giving these characters a suitable rating - at least by way of a comment, what with Ebay having removed the negative voting option for sellers, which I found unfair from the beginning. There should be the same set of rules for both parties, I think.

Robert: I believe I would be similarly upset. However, perhaps some good Belgian beer will be helpful! :drink_mini:

All assuming I get there Dominik!

That really is low Dd - it is hard to imagine that some people can sink that low.

I've just been off entering my challenge votes - inspiring and depressing at the same time! The standard of modelling this year is unbelievable, and I had real trouble voting.

I may have full time employment for her contacts.

Another bunch of moral misfits are sending my MiL (who is elderly and pixilated) scam letters that she has won big prizes.

She has already sent money to them.

The culprits:

SRC - Processing Centre

PO Box 2913

Shawnee Mission KS 66201

USA

PPD

Reply Paid 36113 ⬅(ask all your friends to write to them in bulk!)

Winnellie NT 0906

Australia

Funds Reconciliation Agency

PO Box 97198 Station Main

Richmond BC V6X 0G6

Canada

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Got to comment on that e-Bay scam, and I've actually fallen victim to it myself, and as a result, can offer the following advice on how to trip the culprits up. It does take a little effort on the seller's part, but not much.

When I sell anything now, I make sure that there is some sort of hidden mark (eg a spot of white paint on the base or whatever) and then I take a photo of that, which I don't publish. When the item comes back, it is easy then to spot that it is not the same piece, and hence with that, you can refuse a refund, and send the proof back to the scrote concerned - then if all else fails, there is always the (buyer centric) e-Bay disputes centre.

I had to do this with pieces of china and porcelain after I got stung sending a Doulton figure to a buyer, and then getting a "not as described" dispute - the piece that I got back was clearly not mine, as it had a different backstamp - regrettably, I had not taken any images of the backstamp, so had nothing to go on, and was left with a damaged piece, and the bill for the return postage! Needless to say once bitten.....

Regards to All

Stewart

Dd, For the USA scam artists contact and send full details to the local FBI Field Office at the US Embassy. See attached phone number: http://www.fbi.gov/c.../legat/europe#5

You'll probably find a similar RCMP office at the Canadian Embassy too but I don't have details - Let the Mounties sort them out.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

It's quite complicated, Jack - but thanks for the advice.

PofA is a minefield when one is trying to protect someone from themselves.

It involves medics doing exactly what we're trying to conceal from her - the realisation that she is losing the plot might have dire consequences.

Morning (kind of, I'm still hoping to go to bed at some point, it's 1:30am in Gotham).

Trev, where are they sending you next? Venezuela (Caracas is now murder capital of the World, which is a shame as last time I was there it was very pleasant)??

Best, Pete.

Morning All,

It is just starting to get light here in Germany. The silvery sky to the East looks quite clear with occasional cloud, but it was raining when I got up.

I'll shortly be getting the little guy up to take him to school, and then I'll be off to the office. It'll probably be a pretty busy day today - so good thing it's Friday!

Have a good one everybody...

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I believe it's raining down South - and when it rains there, according to the Radio 2 morning annoyance, then it is

(a) the worst rain EVER in the world

(B) raining everywhere

Not here it isn't.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all.

Finally I have dragged sufficient furniture about to get at my main computer and connect it.

It is pouring with rain but I'll be off out soon with Robbie, he doesn't mind and I'm quite clad to get away from decorating. The carpets were fitted yesterday. Fortunately Aditi was very pleased even though I said I thought they looked identical (they are similar but not identical) to the old ones.

Flu jabs. I had mine a month ago. Mick, I'm sure down here you would be eligible. Aditi and I get them because of our medical conditions. The GP wrote to Matthew while he was at home and said he should have flu jabs as he lived with flu vulnerable adults. It must be a postcode thing.