The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, as Dave says distinctly cooler. Bloomin' miserable at three am when I had to go and press some buttons, blowing a hooley and persisting down with rain. Actually doing a bit of track building and laying which no doubt accounts for the aforementioned weather.

have a good one.

Arctic Monkeys - You look good on the dance floor. (where did that come from?)

edit - carnt spel.

Edited by PhilH

• RMweb Premium

I was just told that Grandpa passed away earlier this morning. It doesn't seem as if he was in suffering when he did, though I can't say yet how much of a consolation this may turn out to be. I hope you won't mind if I shouldn't be talking much for the next couple of days, guys.

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, Dom - not good news, but your e-friends are all here and we'll offer as much support as we can - bereaveament is never pleasant, whether expected or not, as I can testify having been there both ways.

So don't forget that we're here - often the relative anonimity of the webboard can be of help, as you can say things here that you might not want to say to family members.

I'll refrain from any other drivel now.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, guys.

I admit I first had to call my uncle to...well, confirm I had not misunderstood anything as I guess I could not really believe it. My mum had told me about it initially, having visited my aunt in Bavaria together with Dad. They are now on their way home, however.

I am sorry to hear your news Dominic. Just try to remember the happy times.

Summer seems to have arrived overnight. ,28C forecast for today.

There is a breeze blowing so that might cool things down a bit as long as it's not a hot breeze.

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Morning all, well tiz Friday again, and the sky here has a big leak! Last nights journey home was pretty horrendous, five hours to cover about 4k, and with no a/c in the car, grrrrrrrrrrrr. not to mention all the traffic fumes, many of the vehicles on the road here are scrap yard rejects... whatever your weather, try and enjoy your day.

Trev

Morning All,

The day has dawned with blue sky, but with an autumnal feel.

I'm just waiting for my Doctors appointment to check my arm, then it's off to work.

Have a good one everybody...

'Things can only get better'. That's a song that brings me out in a cold sweat....Thanks for everything Tone... ;)

Being doing battle with my HSBC secure card, which suddenly took on a mind of its own and locked me out of everything. The security systems are really a love/hate thing. When they work, they're fine, but once they lock you out it becomes more than an irritation to sort out....

Waiting for the postman for some Vallejo primer so I can get this chassis painted and get on with something else.

I woonder if DD has taken on the customary Brit abroad lobster look yet?

PS: Millie Jackson - If loving you ain't right.

• RMweb Gold

Overcast and showery here this morning. I had my flu jab last Saturday and I seem to have developed mild flu symptoms. I've never had any reaction (apart from not the positive one of avoiding flu) before so perhaps it is just a co-incidence.

The weather appears to have turned grey now, which is a shame because the day dawned so pleasantly. Oh well, it is autumn!

I am relieved to report that I don't need antibiotics. The doctor is pleased with the progress, and my body seems to be fighting the infection without aid. I've got some different cream to put on the bite, but won't need any more follow up appointments.

Note to self: Garden in long trousers and long sleeves in future!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, quite bright here.

Sorry to hear your news Dom - never easy but I guess it's the natural order of things.

Do you know what Gordon, things did get better for me, plus there's one thing I'm convinced of - in a few years time we'll be saying 'thanks a lot (for nothing) Dave. Oh and that other muppet'.

Anyway enough of that, just finished my last night on callout, a bit of tracklaying on Bodge City today plus a nice little relief turn at the MHR on the 9F and the U tomorrow, a short day plus a little whiff of steam into the bargain.

Have a good weekend all.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Thanks again for your kind words, guys, I appreciate this.

There's one big question I keep asking myself at the moment, though... It would appear Grandpa felt his time was about to come by Wednesday night, and asked to see a minister. However - just what kind of feeling is it when a person senses their end is near? Can this even be put in words in the first place?

There's one big question I keep asking myself at the moment, though... It would appear Grandpa felt his time was about to come by Wednesday night, and asked to see a minister. However - just what kind of feeling is it when a person senses their end is near? Can this even be put in words in the first place?

My condolences Dom. Its never easy.

On the subject of knowing when its time, on my last visit to my mum she said bye bye. Pretty much the only words she had spoken in the last couple of weeks of her life. 20 mins later the hospice nurse called to say............

Dom, It is possible to answer that but it will not make you feel any better (it's to do with red cells in the blood).

Anyone visiting the North Eastern part of the USA will have a nice time of it, weatherwise, for the next week if you plan on doing some, dare I say it Christmas shopping........75f today and then bright sunshine during the day right that way through to Wednesday next week. The weekend should be around 80f and very low humidity.

Best, Pete.

PS Peter Sellers and Sophia Loren: "Goodness, Gracious, Me" - Man she was the sexiest woman on the Planet when that was recorded (by George Martin).

Edited by trisonic

• RMweb Premium

Phil I am already saying thanks for sweet FA Dave (retire 6 years later ,wrong rate of inflation ,extra contributions and a pay freeze) and as for the other muppet well I shall not ever vote for them again. Having watched Merv the swerve on TV last night I am happy the building society is cashing in all the endowments too. It will all be over by Christmas another infamous saying turned into a song?

• RMweb Gold

If they lined all the economists up end to end I'd still be confused. Matthew told me how on the first night in halls last year someone hammered on his door to ask if he could borrow Matthew's ethernet lead. It was an economics student desperate to find out something about his share portfolio.

Matthew was going to do a couple of economics modules this year but has decided to be be brave (doesn't really like the lecturer, I probably wouldn't either) and do "Cultural and Social Geography" instead.

Edit, forgot to say yesterday and today's (that is quite a long time) earworm tune is "Will the Circle Be Unbroken", (the country music version rather than the original hymn)

Edited by Tony_S