The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening to most, morning to some, afternoon to others.

Had a busy day doing, well not a lot.

Time for more eyelid inspection.

Sleep well! Have a great day! Have a nice afternoon!*

Baz

* delete as appropriate

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Oh, you have been to Bognor Regis

First prize in the local tourist authority raffle - A free night in Bognor Regis

Second prize - two nights in Bognor Regis..........

(Other locations are available)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

First prize in the local tourist authority raffle - A free night in Bognor Regis

Second prize - two nights in Bognor Regis..........

(Other locations are available)

Cheers,

Mick

Is that why you should pronounce it like *Bog*nor? :jester:

“Too soon to be out of my bed.  Too soon to be back at this bus-queue caper, or fumbling for change for my picture paper, on a Monday morning.” [Cyril Tawney]

Good morning one and all, and according to Kathy Clugston on News Briefng it’s International Nose-picking Day.  Heaven help us.

Yesterday was weird.  I just could not concentrate so there was never a hope of finalising the captions I wrote on Saturday, nor of doing any m*d*ll*ng.  The TV coverage of the London Marathon was a useful distraction up to a point and helped to blot out the ironing but when the Band of the Scots Guards played the theme music it made me feel quite emotional.  I did manage to speak on the phone to Aunt Bristol, who will be expecting me at 5 pm next Sunday on my way home.  Attempts to raise old pals in a different part of Bristol have so far been unsuccessful so I am fretting about whether we will manage the brief encounter that I want so much.  Better news is that a kind friend spotted a book on Ebay that he thought would interest me.   He was spot on and it’s on its way.  So, I’m told, is a CD from Canada which is so new that last time I looked even Amazon were not listing it.  What could possibly go wrong?

It’s going to be a busy week, which with any luck will take my mind off some of the vulnerable stuff.  Today I must fetch the latest batch of chemical warfare.  Tomorrow night Feast of Fiddles are in concert at The Stables.  I couldn’t recall whether I had booked for them or Blazing Fiddles but it’s bound to be good.   On Wednesday the Bletchley chapter of the HMRS meets and on Thursday I am with Poorly Pal, who has asked nicely if we may have prawns for lunch.  Saturday sees the Nescot show hard by Ewell East station, which with any luck will mean breakfast at Victoria ‘Spoons on the way.

Warm thoughts to Tony and Aditi, Debs, Simon, Mal, Andy P, Andyram, owners of black dogs and all in distress.

Chris

• Like 15

Morning All,

We have another bright morning.  Hopefully today will be a little cooler as we had over 30°C for most of the weekend.

The dishwasher seems to be fixed, we have had no further problems (touch wood).

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple here,

I fell asleep and hour early last night book on chest and awoke 5 hours later to reove it and go down stairs where I had another 2+ hours sleep  a good total.

Ben The Border Collie's Morning Patrol revealed this St Georges day is Bright cloudless and the Great fried Egg is shineing.

The roads were very quiet and I hit every traffic light at green so I arrived here a bit early, this text is late though Because I had just managed to log in / sign in on the clocking software when the machine decided  ot reboot.

The messsages said it was updating the Bios!!! that's worrying...

It's since come up saying there is more software to update, at least it's asking me this time. It's all centrally controlled so if the company IT wombles think it's important we don't have a lot of say in the matter..

Sorry I've not had time to convert this to Iambic Pentameter, but I'm sure someone will post in the afore mentioned style today...

Well I have a major system to get started

Time to set this thing off on another update and wander off and get started.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Morning from another sunny day.

Yesterday two of our cars had a wash at mums in between helping her pack ready for her move this week. Brother from Hong Kong should have touched down at Gatwick by now. So we are back at mums tonight.

A little weathering on my sole Harz mountains loco started yesterday and should be complete for running on PaulRhb’s layout at th GRS show this Sunday where we will have our Czech TT layout.

In the meantime it’s going to be a hectic week.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a somewhat cooler village than the last few days.    Just a quick visit as I'm off to the hospital for a biopsy on something that appeared a few weeks ago on the back of my right hand.   I've been told that it's probably no more than sun damage so is not much to worry about.   Apart from that we had a great day down with No 1 son yesterday and watched a fabulous sunset on the journey home from Lincoln. This was a different route to normal as warning signs of a blockage on the M62 led to a diversion via the M18 and M1.   Later today there will be some more tidying and then phone calls.   An evening at the clubrooms should be a good end to the day.

Regards to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Premium

Hey up!

Fatchy pog here at the moment.

Now, should I go and see if Yorkshire can claim 2 wickets and win or do some crust earning? I think the crust earning is required.

Mugatea drunk, may need another one soon....

Thoughts are with all ERs who need our (virtual) support.

Baz

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Oops! Forgot something,

Have a great St George's Day....

You know, the one where we don't put on green hats, parade through towns and drink too much...and don't have a holiday.....

Baz

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s a bit cooler here today, the heating came on first thing so it must be cooler than I thought. Once I’ve taken Sheila to her Zumba class, armed with her boxes of cupcakes I’m head back home and continue work on the radiator covers. Over the weekend I noticed that since the primer has dried, one or two small areas have been highlighted that require some more filler applying, so that will be my first job. When dry they will be rubbed down and primer applied again. Hopefully then I will be able to start top coating them.

Jamie. Hope the biopsy goes well.

Back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

I've been lurking for a few days, but have been following the comings and goings here since Friday when I last posted - every time I came to be ready to post, something else came up and either the computer was in use for other things, or something else came up domestically. 

It really has to be generic greetings to all, as there are a lot of issues, including some news of Debs and her reaction to the current medication which is concerning, but perhaps not unexpected, as chemo does not agree with many people.  Simon and others undergoing similar treatment (or having undergone) can verify this to be so.  Andy, I hope that the black dog which was rearing its head over the weekend does not emerge from its kennel again.  

As to what is happening chez 45156/30747, it is a lot of not a lot, with a trip to Kendal on Saturday which resulted in a good find of a copy of the BR Standard Steam Album for a couple of quid, and a lengthy session of paperwork on Sunday checking bank and credit card statements. 

Today I have to ring the Dr, and also the hairdresser (a barber just murders my hair due to the way it kinks, and my double crown), and also have been bidden to "sort out" the mastic behind the sink in the downstairs cloakroom, and the mastic in the bathroom (again) needs to be tidied. 

So I guess I'd better get on with things.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

It was quite Noticable she was missing from the Queens Albert hall Show, Prince Phillip was missing as well but I remember the stairs in the Albert hall...

Any chance this might knock Trump or Brexit off the news for a few days? please

Edited by TheQ

• RMweb Premium

Headlines running the Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour:

And I thought the royal family were supposed to be politically neutral!

There must be a couple of Royals further down the list going - "B*gger - another queue jumper......."

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Headlines running the Duchess of Cambridge goes into labour:

And I thought the royal family were supposed to be politically neutral!

AndyY! AndyY!

We need a groan button! Where's the ******ing groan button when you really, really, desperately, need one.

Maybe ERs should be revolting??? Oh, wait. For the modeling purists I think we are.

iD

• Like 2