The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Sadly I have to report that Robbie didn't return with us from our visit to the vets.

His passing was very peaceful. The vet and nurses were lovely. I will be keeping his photo as my forum avatar. That image sums up what he was like for most of his life. We were only ever going to have one dog and we couldn't have had a better one.

Sorry to hear that, Tony. Sadly a time eventually comes when we have to say "goodbye" to each other - That is why we all have a little pocket in our heart to tuck our memories away!

• Like 1

Tony, condolences on your loss. Robbie will be rolling in the mud up there somewhere and chasing around his new garden :scared:

POETS.

Nothing to report from yesterday, today will be similarly quiet, best I can tell.

The weather appears to have ignored forecasts for a warming trend! Started the day here at -18 and sunny with a high of -6

POE if you can, I hope to. Enjoy the start to your weekend.

• Like 13

Hello chums, Malcolm's wife again, barging in for the last time I hope, as the big man is getting discharged tomorrow we hope, heading to Southampton to rest for a few days before flying back to Edinburgh Tuesday lunchtime, a fortnight after his op and a full week earlier than expected.

fully expect the Miracle Patient to be online soon and back on the chat.

Bye guys, it's been fun

Gabe

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Hello chums, Malcolm's wife again, barging in for the last time I hope, as the big man is getting discharged tomorrow we hope, heading to Southampton to rest for a few days before flying back to Edinburgh Tuesday lunchtime, a fortnight after his op and a full week earlier than expected.fully expect the Miracle Patient to be online soon and back on the chat.Bye guys, it's been funGabe

Great news.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_3748.JPG

Bob, I'll see your kettle and raise you an electric sausage (steady!). 

I don't often transgress, but if it motivates "her" to get up and swoop, then....

post-4299-0-82549600-1518802964_thumb.jpg

I may turn myself in via John's mobile relay service! 

• Like 14

Tony, echoing Mike's comments, your reports about Robbie's health were so upbeat that they were a delight to read, despite his evident failing health. I think we all expected dreaded this outcome and we all know just how much you will miss him, and we will miss hearing about him.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Premium

Tony and Aditi please accept our condolences. There is never “just a pet”. They are always family.

Gabe - thank you and we wish you and Mal all the best. Had you thought about having your own account to join us in your own right?

Deb - happy to hear good news. We have been quitely wishing you well for some time.

After today’s shift it was off once more to Sunny Sussex to really start sorting things. The service is planned as sister and myself had an hour wh the celebrant. We have removed all items of value from mother’s house and spent some time going through photos - the first several of many albums. Her significant collection of world stamps is, at her own request, to be valued and sold. I am now the custodian of her enamel school badge, that of her father and a third enamelled badge which identifies the banana boat her famly sailed to Bermuda on when her father was sent there on military business during WW2.

We are now also keepers of the magnificent (my parents own description) quilt which we made for their Golden Wedding some 13 years ago and which includes rare gold silk panels. I have also recovered a few personal items which were destined to pass down to me but which are known to not be listed specifically in the will.

A long and challenging day is almost over. SWMBO is still out at the evening we should have shared to launch the book to which she has contributed several chapters along with her PhD supervisor. Someone else is going to be dead on her feet when she gets in.

Good night all

• RMweb Premium

I hope Robbie is now enjoying himself with the friends in my avatar.

I'm just back from the MRC, aka Ben the Border Collie Appreciation Society, where he spent a long time on his back getting his tummy tickled. Before giving his big brown eyes towards anyone who'd been at the biscuit tin.

Most of my time was spent cutting strips of scalescenes stone paper and applying them to the viaduct piers. .

Goodnight..

• Like 17