The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Efinburgh? It can't be that bad...

Oh I don't know, Gordon - it has its moments - the city of the Scottish Tourist Board, or the Ian Rankin version - they both appear to co-exist there.

Afternoon and regards to All (as I've not a lot to say)

Stewart

It is a rather nice afternoon here - if a little chilly.

I am also in a much better mood this afternoon.

I rather like Edinburgh, although I only really know it as a visitor. I am sure it has its dodgy areas, like pretty much every town.

We felt like a little good living and, in the absence of any opportunity for an expensive foreign holiday, we decided to invest in something called Asda Shades Quilted Luxurious Indulgence Three Ply Rolls.

Imagine our disappointment when we opened the first roll.

Far from being luxurious, it fell to pieces.

post-7041-0-55678400-1312982451_thumb.jpg

Asda Shades Quilted Luxurious Indulgence Three Ply Rolls.

I find the name to be bordering on the hysterical :laugh:

Just be careful you don't end up clogging up the loo with your luxurious indulgence! :lol:

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all - not sure where the days gone though!

Thanks guys for your messages of support R.E the house - I appreciate it greatly.

So today I decided to get on with sorting out the designs for the new kitchen and dining room.

Some of you may remember I had done some designs quite a while ago now for the kitchen, however, I wanted to redo it just to pick up on a few improvements.

I can add some of the 3D visuals if you guys are interested?

Mum has stripped the dining room of its wallpaper and has started painting it a nice neutral creamy white colour ('Daffodil White' apparently!).

Eventually Dad will be knocking down the dividing wall (the old external wall before the extension was built when they moved in) between the kitchen and the utility before putting an RSJ in. Then that will give mum the bigger kitchen she would love (she's a food tech teacher).

On a completely random note, I still can't believe these riots are happening - it's disgusting! The police were powerless until today when the PM had given authorisation for the police to use baton rounds - a bit late don't you think!

EDITED to change 'diving wall' into 'dividing wall'!

"I find the name to be bordering on the hysterical"

It's one of those terms that creep unwanted into the language.

No 'standard' kitchens these days, they are all luxury kitchens - even if they swell up and fall to pieces if you spill something on them.

No 'ordinary' carpets, they are all luxury carpets - even if they have a life expectancy of a corn flake packet.

Morning All,

It is a somewhat cloudy morning here - but around 13°C, so warmer than it has been the previous couple of mornings.

Oh well, onwards and upwards! Have a good day everyone...

Morning all,

had to laugh at the re-cycled toilet paper, my late M-i-L whose weekly shopping I was coerced into doing was mortified when the toilet paper pack claimed it was made from "Re-cycled paper". She took an awful lot of persuading that it was not pre-used t.paper!

Oh well enjoy your day folks

Trev

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Still raining in the Dales. Not letting that spoil things though. We regularly holiday in this country and so have good waterproofs and luxury umbrellas

• RMweb Gold

The hotel did not use the word luxury or luxurious once in it's adverts but it is very good and the food has been excellent. The home made chutney with the cheeseboard last night was particularly nice.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

As it's been fairly sunny for most of yesterday, we ended up having a quick barbecue as we still had some foodstuffs in the fridge which were originally meant for another barbecue several weeks ago, which but did not take place due to rotten weather.

Me and two coursemates have an appointment at our assigned school tomorrow in order to meet our tutor. I still feel reasonably calm about this teaching practice block, though I can well imagine this is going to change eventually as it draws closer... :unsure:

Cheers, folks... ;)

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, raining again! The novelty has worn off but it is still good to be here rather than at the old house, it is going in the next auction free of charge if that doesn't sell it the BS can have the keys back.