The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Back from park. I think Robbie may have to be restricted to a long lead for a while. Not sure if the labyrinthitis is making him deaf or he was just beinb stubborn and ignoring me. We parked and he sniffed around some new fencing and then headed off to another part of the park next to a youth club where he proceeded to graze on all the fast-food debris left last night I presume. Even a dizzy dog with arthritis and spinal problems can move faster than I can.

Matthew rang to ask my advice about parsnips. I gave my opinion. Aditi rang to say she was going to Welwyn as her Mum wanted to look for presents in John Lewis for her grandchildren. Aditi hadn't taken her sat nav as her Mum had said they wouldn't be going anywhere! Now if Aditi had to walk there and had a compass and OS map she would be fine but her geographical skills don't translate to motoring. I suggested Google maps on her phone and it would provide audio prompts through the Bluetooth radio. She said she would just remember the road numbers and "surely it can't be worse than Milton Keynes?"

• RMweb Gold

We parked and he sniffed around some new fencing and then headed off to another part of the park next to a youth club where he proceeded to graze on all the fast-food debris left last night I presume. Even a dizzy dog with arthritis and spinal problems can move faster than I can.

Never mind Tony, you should have had a hearty breakfast before you went out!

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Either very late or very early on parade today.

Good luck tomorrow Rick.

Manchester Ex visited yesterday. Ended up going by car as my mate was driving. Parked near the MEN arena and then tram across to Piccadilly.

Didn't see Brian, but had a quick chat to Chris F. Ian Roundhouse was busy doing maintenance stuff behind Banbury.

I found the layout of the exhibition hugely confusing. It was on 3 levels and 8 rooms. I almost missed two of them, having said that, there wasn't actually anything to see in one of them!

A rare event occurred at the ex - I bought a book - with lots of pictures and not much writing........

The sciatica remains and this morning was hugely painful at 6am. A quick dose of cocodamol and I slept until 1030. Walking eases it, so downhill to Mrs NB's work for a bacon butty and brew. Walking back uphill, a local bus on the 22 Blackburn-Clitheroe service passed the other way - the destination blind was showing the message "Vote Grace Davis on the X Factor". There is a great buzz in the village as she made the final last night. (The walk took me past her parent's house)

There was a faint possibility of driving to an away hockey game in Billingham tonight, but the combination of the sciatica and the X Factor final has put paid to that. 

I may have to go and do some modelling as sitting in the armchair watching TV isn't too comfortable, but my workbench chair is much more upright - and I have a nice heater blowing on my aching back.

Have a good Sunday folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon awl,

Well Sunday is sailing day, so here are the events of the day....

Weather north Westerly 13 mph, dull grey and driech, very driech...

There wasn't any sailing , well not for me anyway,

Today was pate, turkey with all the trimmings, lemon cheese cake and somewhere during that, two pints of Adnams cider.

From 13:00 to 15:30 was SWMBO's weaving group Christmas dinner add travelling time and that's 4 hours out of the house, SWMBO'S out now with Ben the Border Collie,

During the waiting I heard the words, "perhaps we could crawl under the table and see"....

Since the two ladies involved were in their 80s, I don't think I was in any danger in my kilt..

Time too... inspect the eyelids...

• RMweb Premium

Had a nice lunch out with Debs and Jayne, wayyy down South to Niarbyl.  I haven't been able to drive that far for some time so it was nice to do so with the new motor.

Then played trains.

Going to take the risk.

There's that Charlie that got me in so much trouble (Charlotte's not around so I'm OK today) and an equally dirty S15.  Crapham carriage sidings look busy too.

attachicon.gifP1130914s.jpg

attachicon.gifP1130916s.jpg

attachicon.gifP1130922s.jpg

attachicon.gifP1130918s.jpg

Brave, very brave....but nice!

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Brave, very brave....but nice!

Baz

I'm sure as we approach the season of goodwill to all Debs will be a

little more tolerant .

But then again....................... :nono:

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Gold

Good  afternoon watching a great game of rugby. Quins went behind 0-10 in the first 10 minutes to Saracens but then they fought back. They ended up beating them 20-19 in the last minute. Great entertainment.

After that I managed a couple of beers and then spent a few minutes in the kitchen with some sirloin steak. Although I say it myself the cooking thereof was pretty good.   :boast: Now finishing off a very nice Tempranillo while The Boss watches some dancing.

All in all a pretty good day. :imsohappy:

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Ian

One of our local Italians always gave you a glass (or three) of Amareto at the end of a meal.  Lovely!

This week will involve more crust earning as well as a trip to Rutland for Christmas present swapping with some of the family

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Haven't touched any alcohol for a whole two weeks now. Wonder if I can keep this going all the way through Lent?

Stuff Stoptober and Moovember.

I'm going for a Cantrememberdecember.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Not for the faint-hearted/easily offended - look away now.

After Movember for the moustache,

There's Decembeard for more facial hair.

Then it's the ladies turn in Fanuary..............

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Not a great deal done today but some modelling tokens have been spent on a couple of sound decoders.

Hopefully I can get them fitted before the Gresley and Wychnor MTG Mince Pie Open Event. That way I can get a weathering master class from Andy P.

Some other modelling will need to be done before Thursday as well.

Edited by emt_911
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Well since we are all at it.

This week I have been calibrating and testing the computer control of my new layout (see link in signature).

Some DCC concepts stuff in there, Mick

Today I filled the fiddle yard, clicked a button, and then sat and watched trains go by.

Yay, as they say.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Sunday has been completed.

Meeting attended, minuted and minutes duly sent out.  I don't hang about.  For a change SWMBO cooked dinner tonight, though it was a pre-arranged change in respect of my having a full on day and work in the morning.  Chicken Cacciatore.  Or was that chickens catch-a-tory?  What ever it wasn't bad and there's plenty left for another night.  We were going to invite upstairs to join us but thought better of it having overheard some shouting and tears during the course of the later afternoon.  All may not be well in Glockamorra, or it might just be a pheromone leak leading to some overspill of emotion.  These young people, eh? ;)

So when I post this I hit the sack and wake as an employed person.  Honestly not sure how I feel about that though the security of income will be welcome.  Many thanks for all the good wishes.

Now please stand behind the yellow line, remain clear of the doors until the train has stopped and allow others to alight before boarding.  G'night.

• Like 4