The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

...according to the DWP whom are trying to process my application; I "don`t exist!".........

Existentially yours,

Debs.

We always said you were a legend. 

Looks like you've been officially upgraded to mythic status. 

Congrats!  :good_mini:

• Like 10

So for the moment, I can only assume they think I`m a retired professional assassin, living with some kind of concealed identity; in my case, that`d probably be under the "Witless Protection Programme" :mosking: 

Let it be known that you are, Debs, but will be coming out of retirement to deal with 'em if they fu mess around any more.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

My order from you of the 14th has just arrived. Two days travelling time is no problem to me. Thanks to all concerned. I must order kippers again from Peel by post, very nice although I was reprimanded at work for the smell which drifted throughout the building. My boss did ask for the address so as he could order some! 

Happy days, they won't come back you know.

I saw your order go thorough when I passed the invoices to the packers - thanks.  Oddly, the van that takes our post away comes to us after the kipper factory - an odour is sometimes noticeable!  Deveraux are the best, Moore's are OK though.  We do usually manage next working day delivery, but three of the emails I had today were not very nice at all, keyboard warriors no doubt.  One was downright abusive in fact, is it worth it for two days delay for a model train?  Still, the amount of supportive and understanding messages were more than compensation for the odd miserable git misunderstood customer.  Who'd work in retail!

• RMweb Premium

Neil

Don't worry you can't win with some miserable gits people!  I wasted some time and money fitting a sound chip.. the guy then said take it out as I don't want the loco....jeez.....he is on my not to do work for in the future!

Parcel packed for tomorrows post, me I have to go and help finish "my" demo layout for Warley. At over 30 feet long it has been a hard slog for my "friends" so I hope its is appreciated!

Had a successful day..... much muddling successfully completed with no injures incurred,

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

There are nice people who model railways too. The people on the ER thread have always been helpful and supportive.

I asked for advice on the relevant thread about where to attach a bit floating around the packaging for one of my recent purchases and got a lovely set of photos to confirm the identity and location of the offending part.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

There are nice people who model railways too. The people on the ER thread have always been helpful and supportive.

I asked for advice on the relevant thread about where to attach a bit floating around the packaging for one of my recent purchases and got a lovely set of photos to confirm the identity and location of the offending part.

Tony

Nearly everyone is, Tony, but the odd unsavoury person is around in all walks of life I suppose.  I used to deal with some of them...in Court!

A good start was made this evening on marrying locos and coaches with their boxes at the MRC tonight, after the loft clearance earlier today. Boxes were found for all the locos, except an old Triang Sir Winston Churchill. There were more surprises when another case full of ‘empty’ boxes turned out to have a Bachmann 9F, Crab, V2, and Class 108 DMU, and then I checked some EBay values for a Hornby Dublo SR EMU, only to find that they are quite rare and can be worth a bit. I now have as much stock as we have catalogued and priced up in my boot for the Workington show, plus some other stock from previous donations.

• Like 15

Tony

I'll agree with that Tony

I asked someone on here once what to do with a spare part and was told where to put it .

John

Today we had servicing of the new (year+ old) water softener. Salt in the brine tank apparently solidified and the whole thing was emptied and half the salt put back.

I have had water softeners since 1967, mostly using granular salt. More recently, I switched to tablet salt before moving to my current dwelling where I use block salt.

Whilst the earlier devices had to be replenished manually, the last tablet salt device had a time switch to set it of in the small hours of the morning. It took 118  minutes to replenish!

The new block salt device has two chambers, so can replenish one whilst the other's being used and only takes 19 minutes! In my circumstances, 10 bags (£50.00) of block salt last 2 years

Meanwhile, ChrisF, good to hear you've received your escape pass to Switzerland; will hopefully touch base over a coffee at the Portsmouth show on Saturday (my shout, IIRC!)

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 13

Evening all and a quick check in before bed. Generic greetings and good wishes to you all. 

Today has been a slightly, only slightly, better day. Much of the hassles from this week can be blamed on poor leadership. The new boss had promised to go through many things when I started and hasn't. I have muddled through the best I can, but it came back to haunt me during various monitoring acts by the bosses this week. I don't like not being able to do a good job - especially when I feel that I have been severely hampered by an acute lack of the appropriate information.

Today a fellow teacher did sit down with me and went through a few of the things which was very useful. She did suggest that "she wasn't surprised" that I had not been given all the required information. It sounds like a regular thing at this place. I am not sure I can work like that!

Tonight I caught up with a few old colleagues for a meal. Some were stalwarts of the model railway show and so tonight was a well deserved celebration of a job well done. All encouraged me to, at least, look into the deputy head job. It was a very pleasant evening.

Best Wishes

Andy

• Like 1

I don't know how long our water softener takes to replenish. We are asleep when it happens! The time depends on how much water had been softened, there are microprocessors involved!

"Tough on lime; tough on the causes of lime" :mosking:

• Like 4

I've managed to catch up on some of the topics that I've neglected but there are still a few to go.

I have also started my to do list adding things as they come to mind. It's already quite extensive which might mean that fewer days modelling over December.

Andy - Do what is right for you and your health. If the Deputy Heads job is worth it, go for it.

Night all

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Cor, they're now doing a china version - mine (same wording) is enamel on metal.

• Like 12