The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, Inner temple Here,

Another good nights sleep, which is more than Ben the Border Collie had, SWMBO reports he was very unhappy last night and could hear his stomach doing somersaults. He was in the same state this morning, hiding in his cage, I let him outside expecting some explosive deposits, but instead he headed straight for some grass and started eating large quantities... and then ran back to the house frightened, as some animal made a noise out there in the dark...SWMBO will be taking him out round the garden at first light.

Haircuts, the last time I paid for one was about 15 years ago (when I applied for this job actually), since then it's been up to me or if I'm lucky SWMBO (shes a qualified dog grommer amoungst other things)... Pass the scissors....

Snow... yes you heard snow, I went to the car at 05:50 and the roof was covered with scattered white stuff. the roof of the car was also frozen though not the windows.  I carefully checked and it was Snow not hail.... Once on the road I could see the odd lonely flake decending, for the first couple of miles, then nothing else, no drizzle or anything. So Norfolk has had it's first snow of the year...

Well I've been typing this while the next piece of equipment does it's zero cal, which takes around 15 minutes.

ARGH  Chirstmas Music on Radio 2 its only November......

Time too... get to work the cal has finished...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a cloudy village with a hint of dampness.   

Rick, sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope that there is a peaceful and pain free end.

Steve, very good news.

Here the house is quiet as the boss is already in Leeds till after lunch.   As a result the dining room table is already in use for the assembly of some buildings.  All evidence will have to be cleared before the boss returns.   

Hopefully some useful muddling will be achieved and then we have a church meeting tonight.  I may need some Scottish Medicine later.

Haircuts here cost £5  but I have recently started allowing longer between cuts.  The Boss has told me that my hair looks better longer.   Dare I let it get to my shoulders again.  It's 45 years since it was last that long.   My then girlfriend got jealous as my hair was longer than hers and she got split ends and I didn't.

regards to all.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Just misty here, no snow!

Our trip to the Midlands for my uncle's funeral went well. I am very tired this morning. We came back via Kettering so that Aditi couod deliver her brother's birthday present. Tiny nieces were very pleased to see us.

I am not intending to do anything today collect Robbie from kennels.

Tony

• Like 2

Greetings rascals.

Haircuts round here cost £8 and I always give £2 tip.

Well worth it as the Lithuanian lovelies who do it are fitter than a butchers dog .......with superb assets which often end up in ones ears.

How I dread going bald.

On a more serious note, its mate Ian's funeral today, a pal of 25 years, BR driver, steam roller owner and all round good egg.

Polishing the bike as I am going to lead the hearse.

Have a good day one and all.

Evening all,

28 minutes to get home tonight. 

Better than this morning; 80 minutes. 

What bemuses me are the people who weave from one lane to the other and moments later do the reverse. 

Obviously trying to get ahead. And sure, who'd voluntarily spend extra time in their day queuing. 

But seriously, a handful of minutes advantage? More testosterone overload than efficiency drive, methinks.  

Spent some time this evening putting grass tufts on the shunting plank layout. Nice and therapeutic. :)

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening - at last, as Keith says!

My day went from bad to worse, the &^%$ing mail plane didn't go AGAIN last night, so that is every parcel from Friday after 4 to Tuesday at 4 not moved off the runway - cue a zillion phone calls and e mails to complain about lack of goods being delivered.  The trouble with being consistently fast with delivery means folk notice when it's not......   #sigh#

IoM Post said they had made 'alternative means' organised today to get the post away - really not good enough though.  No-one in IoM Post can ever remember two consecutive days of fight failure, but surely the aircraft folk must have known the plane was not able to be repaired in time.  Or were they waiting for parts in the.......post....... :sungum:  :jester:  /rant.

• RMweb Gold

Plenty of ear damage from SWMBO all day (the grumpy Moo) so no kip for me.

Finally got the car tyres done today went for a set of 4 Pirelli's the car now handles better than the old Continental's on it -------------------------(Rant on please don't tell they are the better tyre I'm not interested rant off)

glad to see the back of them we are off to Kernow ******mas so I will feel better with new tyres on the jam jar , when I left the tyre store 

the car told me I need a new battery in the key so I got that while I was out, I kept out of the house for as long as I could, "IT" was in

a better mood when I returned then told me I was to be luggawalla at Horrorsons deep joy.  :resent:

P!ssed off from Hampshire 

• RMweb Gold

Haircuts round here cost £8 and I always give £2 tip.

Well worth it as the Lithuanian lovelies who do it are fitter than a butchers dog .......with superb assets which often end up in ones ears.

How I dread going bald...........

....... but really looking forward to going deaf.

• RMweb Premium

Welcome back. While we were away several things happened.

SWMBO departed for Washington DC and is due back on Tuesday;

I attended my pre-employment medical which apparently went well;

Aunt passed away peacefully at 1.30pm. Sister was despatched to advise mother in person; she has apparently taken the loss of her sister eight months after her husband reasonably well.

Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes above.

• RMweb Gold

In the absence of RMWeb today, I made myself useful and filled up our three green waste wheelie bins with fallen leaves.

This is the second batch I have had to process and the oak trees are only just coming into their moult.  

I have informed the Obergrumpenfuhrer that when we move, the tallest tree in the garden of the next house will be one of my potted, ornamental Japanese Acer.

However, there is nothing better than a bit of brisk exercise on a crisp, if somewhat overcast, afternoon.

On the subject of haircuts, I usually pay £4.50 (plus a tip) as the lady who cuts, thinks I'm a pensioner. (Which I have been since the age of 38:  just not an OAP).

Neil's (Black Rat) new daily greeting is just up my street.

I'd best be away now, and do something rascally!

• Like 17

Had my routine consultant appointment today to see how my lymphoma is progressing. The lumps in my neck are increasing in size, but there is no sign of them elsewhere in the body as yet. Consultant will arrange a CT scan as I haven’t had one since April last year, which will tell us if I do have lumps elsewhere. My feeling is that I won’t be starting any chemotherapy just yet, but I could be wrong. At least the Consultant said that there was no reason why I could not travel to the US, where my elder brother is suffering from throat cancer, and his treatment isn’t going too well. It doesn’t look good for him just now, but he called me this evening and is keeping cheerful, and has his family around him. I have told him that I will wait for the CT scan date, then try to arrange a flight and visa to go and see him.

• RMweb Gold

Plenty of ear damage from SWMBO all day (the grumpy Moo) so no kip for me.

Finally got the car tyres done today went for a set of 4 Pirelli's the car now handles better than the old Continental's on it -------------------------(Rant on please don't tell they are the better tyre I'm not interested rant off)

P!ssed off from Hampshire

I had a look and if I want Mud + Snow rated tyres for my car (as fitted by the manufacturer) I will have to replace the current Continental tyres with Pirelli or Michelins. Continental seemed to have stopped selling them in the size fitted to my car.

• RMweb Premium

How I dread going bald.

Nice earwarmers...............

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3