The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

How Much!!!!!

Baz

Thats cheaper than many other craft beer bars but its one reason for drinking half pints apart from being able to try more beers and an excuse to watch the intake of Alcohol units!

The cask beers which are not listed on the chalkboard are cheaper though.

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and blame without resentment ,

If you can conquer tension without medical help,

If you can relax without alcohol,

If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,

Then You Are Probably

The Family Dog!

attachicon.gifimage0022.jpg

Handle every Stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it……..Piss on it and walk away.

Woof!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Deleted

What I was trying to say, at 5pm, was :

"Ladies and gentlemen - it is Beer o'clock"

post-3305-0-96510400-1505507222_thumb.jpg

It is, of course, always beer o'clock somewhere but at that moment I was sat outside enjoying a little late afternoon sun and the illustrated beverage.  The problem was that images taken on the not-so-smart phone will not upload in the correct orientation directly even when rotated.  It has had to be rotated by way of software inside the computer.

All's well that rotates well in the end ;)

• Like 14

Good choice, Rick.

I made the same choice last night, along with Tanglefoot, and it might just have caused some snoring. 

I know this from the glacial comments this morning at 07:00 from swmbo who claimed not to have slept past 04:30.

I'm testing this hypothesis by repeating the exercise tonight.  

Wissssssssshzzzzzzzzzz me luck! Hic.  :blackeye:

I read in the newspapers that Ian RH and Andrew C's favoured haunt has some of the most expensive craft beer on the planet. £13 per pint? 

Meanwhile on the Bridgnorth end of end of SVR they do offer 1/3 of a pint glasses, which is helpful if you happen to be driving and want to test 3 different beers. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Watching the One o'clock news it seems that the passengers were "told" to run; hence the inevitable shoving and mishaps. As they could be seen de-training slowly down a ladder one at a time onto the track, and clearing a train this way is time consuming, it seems pointless to then tell them to "run". Smacks of Corporal Jones in charge, imho.

The BBC just said thst the train being exited by a ladder wasn't the one with the bomb , it was the one behind that wasn't quite in the station. Edited by Tony_S

• RMweb Premium

The BBC just said thst the train being exited by a ladder wasn't the one with the bomb , it was the one behind that wasn't quite in the station.

The incident train was stopped in Parsons Green station.  The one seen on various media being exited via the escape ladder was indeed the following one from which some passengers have commented upon how long ("over an hour") it took to evacuate them  The incident train largely self-evacuated and of course the emergency response prioritised securing the actual scene and clearing that area before moving on to decanting anyone else trapped back down the line.  That part of the line is open-air and elevated above street level so had there been a bigger bang it would not, in all likelihood, have been quite as catastrophic as some have suggested since the blast would not have been contained by a tunnel.  What is not known is how the open-plan S-stock would handle a serious blast internally given that this style of train (with almost full-width gangways and no intermediate doorways or effective end panels) has not yet been asked to cope with such an event.  There have been previous explosions on tube trains perpetrated by the Irish and which caused significant damage but the blasts were confined to a single car by the substantial construction of the entire car - they were not, as the S-stock is, literally a tube.

Onto other things.  Wishing all a peaceful good night and a safe weekend.

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Not had time to read and fate all today's posts. It's been quite hectic here, but Max did enjoy playing trains today and so did Evie. Later they all had a piece of my cheesecake and they all want me to make it again next week!

Goodnight all

• Like 13

Good morning one and all

I may have encountered a cockwomble yesterday.  I was waiting in my Polo at the end of the street waiting for the flow of traffic from the right to abate so that I might myself turn right towards the supermarket.  The Land Rover behind me was indicating left and honked in the apparent belief that I should have already turned right against the stream of cars.  I waved cheerily.  Overlooking the virtue that is patience, he swept past on my left and joined the traffic.  How fortunate it was that a collision did not occur.  I might have been amused if it had.

Today I am visiting Crich, travelling on a special train as far as Alfreton and by road motor thence.  A friend from the Swiss trip suggested it and we shall doubtless put the world to rights on the journey.  There is something civilised about trams.  I find it difficult to say the same of a Land Rover.

Best wishes and felicitations to all in distress and recovery. 

Chris

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning one and all

I may have encountered a cockwomble yesterday.  I was waiting in my Polo at the end of the street waiting for the flow of traffic from the right to abate so that I might myself turn right towards the supermarket.  The Land Rover behind me was indicating left and honked in the apparent belief that I should have already turned right against the stream of cars.  I waved cheerily.  Overlooking the virtue that is patience, he swept past on my left and joined the traffic.  How fortunate it was that a collision did not occur.  I might have been amused if it had.

Today I am visiting Crich, travelling on a special train as far as Alfreton and by road motor thence.  A friend from the Swiss trip suggested it and we shall doubtless put the world to rights on the journey.  There is something civilised about trams.  I find it difficult to say the same of a Land Rover.

Best wishes and felicitations to all in distress and recovery. 

Chris

I hope that you have a good day Chris.  If ou get chance have a look at Leeds 107, the double deck Leeds horse car that a group of us spent 8 years restoring.  It's tucked away in the exhibition hall somewhere.

Jamie

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Lummy, it's Saturday!

Van to return, then my last men's outdoor League cricket match to umpire....a women's league match tomorrow is the end of my outdoor umpiring.. Indoor 6 a sides starts next week.

Enjoy whatever you do today.

Baz

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Morning all fro the Charente.   Up before the rest of the house watching the early news from London.  Whilst what happened was not good it sounds as if many people have had a vey lucky escape from something much worse.  I hope that the people involved in planting and making the device are caught soon.

Anyway we had a day of doing not a lot.  I did however get the concrete boots made for the gazebo.  I did make enquiries as to if there were any other suggestions for who or what they should be used on and several names were suggested.

Then we had a great evening at our friends house.   Today we may well get some logs cut and stacked.  I need to tidy up the top entrance way to the shed in case it's needed for a fork lift to access the shed when unloading Green Ayre.   Beth is due to have her last visit from the district nurse. She's a bit worried as to what will happen now with aftercare but apparently the nurses are very happy with the way that the burn is healing.

Regards to all and good to see Mick posting again.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple here,

A good night's sleep of 6.5 hours was had.

Yesterday was a cockwomble gathering on the way home from work.

1, cockwomble stops his mercedes opens door stands by his open door to make phone call....thereby blocking road.

2, cockwomble driving small nissan at 20 in a 30 limit slows every time he passed lorry or car half parked on kerb. Blocking traffic in both directions. Then gets to where road widens to two lanes to the traffic lights, cockwomble drives down left hand lane while indicating right, 20 ft from end turns into right hand lane stopping car at odd angle.

Leave industrial estate several roads later...

3 it's raining so there are more parentwombles than usual parked all over the place half on the kerb.

After several zigzags through the maze parentwomble pulls out and joins the queue in front of me, when the queue moves back into correct lane. Parentwomble tries to overtake queue!!!! Of course at the next car on the kerb parentwomble is blocked by the queue of cars. After a bit a chaos some other wombles lets him back into the queue.

4, now the heavens open, heavy rain, rain heavy enough to fill the roads between the kerbs even though there are drains. Pedestrian Parentwombles now take off, dragging juniorwombles across the roads on the road humps in front of moving cars, opening doors in front of moving cars.

5 we reach the main line of parked parentwombles cars on a curve which you can't see round, so there is chaos as cars drive from both directions down the remaining lane. Forcing cars up onto pavement scattering soggy pedestrian Parentwombles. Finally a double-decker bus appears in view coming towards me, parentwomble in 4x4 in front of me then sets off straight towards bus and stops bus before deciding to creep entirely up onto the pavement.

Eventually once I've waited for it to clear I drive through and depart the area.

5, I get to effin clown town, Hoveton, there are massive tailbacks luckily I'm going to the bank so disappear down a side road, from which I can see more tail backs.

What has happened is the other side of the bridge in Wroxham is very low land, in heavy rain the road floods. Cockwombles see three inches of water and panic not driving through it but drive on the wrong side of the road blocking traffic causing huge queues in both directions.

After being in the bank I rejoin the main road, but going away from the flood, clear roads yippee....

This morning I'm going to change the landrover battery it's quite old and doesn't like the cold... After that we are off to a weaving demonstration near effin clown town.

I have a pair of brown eyes looking accusingly at me ...

Time to ... walk Ben the Border Collie around the garden...

Saw Mother! (the movie) yesterday; not as unsettling as I was expecting from some of the reviews, still weird. Gabe tells me that it's allegorical. The acting and cinematography is superb. 

Think that LRT are running some vintage buses along part of route 26 here next weekend as part of the Open Doors nationwide event.

Some shopping to do later, then we clear the kitchen later today and tomorrow because it's being replaced next week. At long long last.

Have a good day

Mal

• Like 14

Just done a Grandad Bob. Bent over to pick up a dropped tea towel and whacked my head on a (metal) corner of the worktop. Cut forehead, headache, feeling a bit groggy.

May have got out of the driving to go shopping...

• RMweb Premium

Or a BARV!

The ones which replaced the Centurion based ones are on Leo 1 chassis and not as robust....

Van returned, it averaged 30mpg.

Now to get ready for cricket, extra jumpers required today.

Dick, hope the head clears but no driving for you for a couple of days

Baz

• Like 13