The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Many Happy Returns, Gordon! Now, get on with Eastwood Town...............

I wish I could consider myself a good Father, I'm doing better with my Daughter than I did with my two Sons (both in their thirties) - I'm afraid that I used my negative feelings towards their Mother (she ran off - to use that quaint old expression- with someone else and took them with her, totally against the wishes of me and a British court) to colour our relationship and it still isn't right all this time later.

I think the problem is that no one teaches us to be better parents and inevitably we have children when we ourselves are somewhat immature.

Best, Pete.

'Fraid not as I had to go back on morphine for a while. No doubt I may have a glass in another month or two, but wouldn't be surprised if I have lost the taste of it.

Thanks for your birthday wishes. Much appreciated...:drinks:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, just surfaced after another night of saving Southern water, not that we need much water at the moment. I must be the only person in the country who is positively enjoying the wet spell as it makes life a lot easier for me, although we now have too much water and I'm having to go all over the place to throttle things back.

Belated WA wishes to Tony, and HB to Gordon..

I've already had a positive (I think!) Father's day experience - my 18 month old grandson on the phone to give me the appropriate greetings. It would have been even better if it hadn't had been a little over an hour after I finally got to bed after being out most of the night on call!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Belated congrats Tony and Happy Burpday Gordon. Somehow I can't see you losing the taste for the amber nectar even after all this time.

Time to toddle down to the shed and wire up a few relays....

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Happy birthday Gordon! Off up to A&E for a battle damage assessment shortly as I still have a fizzog like a football, a sore neck/shoulder and stiff tender spots all over! It's just a bit of an inconvenience in the grand scheme of things though. Anyway, today is the start of two weeks off!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Valerie and Fiona (daughter) did a 10k walk round Durham last night for the local hospice. The set off at midnight. :blink:

I didn't go and support them.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Happy Birthday Gordon Happy Anniversary (belated) Tony (0ne year more than 45156 and 30747) and commiserations on the injuries Dave. Good call not going to support (I think) BOD - bet that went down well - not.

Afternoon All

Not a lot to report here - had to get out to the driveway and repair some of the frost damage to the concrete and also to try to get some of the weeds up where they were springing up all over the place. It has tried to rain on and off all day - not good for Mike (railway garden) who has another open day today for the NGS (yellow book).

Other than that, not a lot happening here, so

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

I did offer but they didn't mind Stewart. They had each other and lots of other people in pink wearing fluffy ears and waving flashing things.

• RMweb Premium

Glad to hear it, BoD - I think these walks a a bit of a girlie thing. If the one last night was the same as the ones round here recently, I'm guessing it was for Breast Cancer research/awareness.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It's sunny as I'm typing this, but forecast to remain rather cool for today. However, temperatures are predicted to rise over the course of the week. Today's morning course is likely to be cancelled as the Faulty Tower may not be open before noon, as per a message the lecturer sent us on Friday.

Have a good day, guys...

Greetings.

Yesterday's heavy rain abated at about 11.00 and the skys partly cleared by 13:00.

Today promises largely clear but rain returns on Wednesday and threatens to remain through next weekend! :sadclear:

Gordon, I am shocked to hear that you are still having to be abstemious. My heart bleeds for you. I had no difficulty giving up smoking, but the daily dose of brandy remains an essential.

Morning All,

It is a sunny, but fairly chilly morning here. To be honest, the weather is more April-like than the sort of weather you expect in June.

I'm back in the office this morning, with a cup of coffee and a chocolate digestive!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all, it's the start of a yet another week!.

The "Boss" is in town & yesterday (after a site visit & my bi-monthly trip in to Lagos (3 - 4 hours) for grocery shopping) he treated me to lunch........Fish n chips! (At the poolside bar of the Sheraton Hotel) so it's not all bad here......belated congratulations to those who had birthdays and celebrations over the last few days.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Cloudy but quite warm here.

I don't seem to have any instructions for today but I'll probably go round to the neighbours this afternoon and sort out their computer. Their grandchildren visited and it needs all the themes, colours etc re-setting to something less cartoony.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, dull day here. I have a few hours off after my weekend on call, lots of hours worked but nothing too arduous. My daughter and grandson #2 are coming to visit today so better do some tidying up. There's bits and bobs all over the place, a guitar halfway through a pickup transplant, an embryonic scratchbuilt building for Bodge City, just toys everywhere. Which is exactly how I like it....

Have a good one all.