The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

It's getting on for 15,000 posts in this incarnation.

If Aditi could just cut out the inconsequential chatter (including this) it might fit on the back of a platform ticket.

Would it be shorter cutting "inconsequential chatter" or "pure drivel"?

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Would it be shorter cutting "inconsequential chatter" or "pure drivel"?

Best, Pete.

I mentioned this to my resident editor and she believes that inconsequential chatter is the glue that binds social relationships ....(then it got complicated). This may be why she is having a hard time reducing her word count.

Tony

I believe Aditi is right.

If you check back at random pages - there are pages and pages of posts where each postie has completely and utterly ignored any previous posts and therefore each post stands alone as pure drivel.

Inconsequential chatter implies at least some form of communication.....

Best, Pete.

I think we should experiment on here.

Pick a day when every post must contain no reference to any previous post. I bet that as a conscious decision it will be much harder.

If it works we could form a "Pure Drivel Group" and insult everyone with our "Invites".

Best, Pete.

Not only have we nearly reached 15000 posts, but we are at 600 pages.

ERs could become legendary among bulletin board software developers wishing to test their software! Few topics ever get this large. :yahoo_mini:

• RMweb Premium

Well 15,000 won't be me, as I can't sit tight waiting for a couple of posts to come up.

Morning All (at least it was when I started to read and post)

Variable weather here today, and hopefully it will dry up before the open day of the railway garden starts at about 1 this afternoon - I hope so, as the sight of a 7.25 inch live steam loco tackling the 1 in 28 of the climb to the front of the house is quite interesting - in past years, locos have struggled with it, and one or two stalled, and a double header had to be arranged to get round the circuit, but the owner had an especially powerful loco built for this line, and AFIK it will be rostered today.

As the players of Mornington Crescent know, when I went to the theatre last night, I managed to meet Barry Cryer, who actually thanked ME for coming to the show, and taking the time to come round to the stage door at the interval to say hello while he was having a well earned fag. His show was excellent, and Colin Sell makes a very good stooge to Barry, with a dry sense of humour himself. It was just a shame that as this show was on the same night as the final of some TV talent show, and as a result, there was not a particularly big audience, but those who did go had another lesson in comic timing and how to make the most of old material (and that's not a criticism, it's a compliment).

Dog is slowly recovering now from her surgery and is sitting on the settee snoring her head off. We have been advised not to let her climb stairs or move too suddenly for the next ten days - short of nailing her feet to the floor, there's no hope of that.

I can't comment on the unrelated posts idea, as I haven't read any of what went before :unsure: :scratchhead: :)

Regards to All

Stewart

I was resting on the lavatory having done my business when I noticed that there was no cleansing tissues. I was calm when remembered that I was on our 2nd floor and that stock was down in the basement by my drawing table.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Very nice too.

I've often wondered if those miniature Locos have to be tested to any standards or is it down to trusting the engineer who built them.

• RMweb Premium

Very nice too.

I've often wondered if those miniature Locos have to be tested to any standards or is it down to trusting the engineer who built them.

As the railway is passenger carrying on open days, the owner has to buy insurance, which is not possible to get that without the correct certification, and I do recall that when Mike was building the loco, there was a delay in getting the loco commissioned due to waiting for boiler and other safety inspections, so in his case, I know that the loco has been tested, otherwise he would not be allowed to carry members of the public.

Stewart,

That wonderful little movie deserves a larger audience on RMWeb than just us ER dweebs. Have you thought of using it in a new Topic?

Btw how are the turnouts/points controlled?

Best, Pete.