The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Sunny here but a bit cooler than yesterday. So far I've only been outside to put the bin bags out but I may do some tidying up in the garden later.

Mick, we've never had a rabbit but have been the through the anxiety of ill small rodents over the years.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Checking in from work - I'm on a break, manager, honest....

Cloudy, dull, chilly - much more like a British spring here again today, and looking like rain again later.

Mick sorry to see that the rabbit is unwell - not a great deal one can say there.

Watched the ineptness-fest of the bigheads who strive to be the Apprentice. I'm pretty convinced that an ability to annoy, and not to get on with each other is one of the main criteria for selection, not business acumen. I suspect that the REAL high fliers wouldn't go anywhere near this show. I do agree that the main reasons for watching are Nick Hewer's antics, and Alan Lord Sugar's abrasive and cutting remarks.

On again tonight, and I'll probably be glued to the telly - then a fairly early (8.00???) start tomorrow to see the Cathedrals Explorer pass through with a pair of Black 5s - should make for interest on the 1 in 94 of Ripley bank, especially if the train is routed via the platform road, as there is a severe speed restriction to regain the up through.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

- then a fairly early (8.00???) start tomorrow to see the Cathedrals Explorer pass through with a pair of Black 5s - should make for interest on the 1 in 94 of Ripley bank, especially if the train is routed via the platform road, as there is a severe speed restriction to regain the up through.

Down here the most exciting rail traffic is a couple of DRS Class 37s moving some yellow coaches about occasionally.

• RMweb Premium

Down here the most exciting rail traffic is a couple of DRS Class 37s moving some yellow coaches about occasionally.

Ah well, we've got WCRC at Carnforth just a few miles up the line, so steam movements are not unusual - I was going home the other day, and heard a racket over on the railway, and there was Nunney Castle and service coach heading for Carnforth for a special. In the summer we get the Fellsman with one of the WCRC locos running from Lancaster to Carlisle via Preston and the S&C - problem is that it's often the boring 48151 at the front, rather than Leander, Scots Guardsman or the Black 5, and the tour operator does not guarantee which loco will be provided, so as I have travelled up Ais Gill at 20 mph with the loco sounding as though it was doing 50, I haven't bothered to book.

• RMweb Premium

I like '8151! :unsure:

Dave.

I did, but it gets a bit tedious seeing it on almost every WCRC operated railtour out of here. Actually, I guess that 50mph from an 8F is pretty good considering its little wheels - surprising that NR let it run so fast - now a 9F - that could run - I doubt that the best speeds achieved with on of them in the 1950s on the sou' west main line will ever be revealed.

Electric - Electric - Electric - Electric - Euro Shed - Electric - Electric - Yawn...

Back from Karlsruhe now, and feeling a bit deflated to be honest.

Oh well - tomorrow is another day...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Cloudy sky over here and it would seem the chance of rain is going to increase over the next few days. Off for uni again later on, but nothing else of notice at this point.

Have a good one everyone...

Mixed bag this morning. The sun is trying to break through, but somehow I don't think it's going to be a hottun today...

It will be great to sleep right through a night soon. Still wandering about in the middle of the night and night sweats are not a lot of fun..

Hoping it's just the tail end of the morphine trip. Down to 10mg now, so hopefully this weekend will see the end of it...:yahoo:

Guest tony graham

Morning all from The Great Border City, a change in weather today as it's a little on the moist side. Much needed though.

At work since 5 on standby, so may catch up with Max if he's in work today. And as it's raining I may forego the bike ride today, just as well really as the Budgie Smugglers are in the wash.

So as they say in America ' Have a nice day Y'all '

It's been a beautiful week in Gotham City (so far). The weather has been very San Diego - like though that may change to Seattle - like on Sunday.

So glad to see your latest work on YMR, Gordon. Last fag then off to bed.

Ciao, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Blue sky with fluffy white clouds here.

I couldn't settle down to sleep last night so after an hour of watching the TV news I started turning on all the computers to allow what seemed like a lot of updates to happen. I also set my Sprog and JMRI on another PC in Matthew's room as that is where some of my railway modelling will occur while he is away in Leicester. For those interested in such things the SPROG works without problems on Windows 7 (32 bit version). My 64bit Windows PC isn't portable enough to be used for playing trains.

Mick, hope the rabbit continues to improve.

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

Morning all. As Tony has already stated, the weather's not so good here today and thunderstorms are forecast for the afternoon. Worked till 3 this morning so the big slog has begun.

Good news though as I found I was owed a couple of days in lieu of days when I was off over the bank holidays.

I'd already booked off the Saturday and Sunday next week and claiming those days back now gives me the whole of next week off. I predict more eastern borders field trips!

I hope the rabbit continues to improve, Mick.

Got a blue tit visiting the feeder this morning and something else interesting is going on there. The feeder is equipped with a couple of hanging containers for the deployment of fat balls, each containing four balls.

Yesterday I noticed that one of the hangers had been taken off its hanging hook and moved into the centre of the post with only three balls in it and the cap dislodged.

Having replaced the hanger to its correct position, I notice this morning it's been displaced again, the cap's dislodged and there are only two balls in it now.

It looks like there's a clever little raider at large. I'll need to see if I can spot him in the act!

Have a good day folks!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Sun is out. Going to go lose a few golf balls this afternoon but this morning I've been in search of a glazier to replace a glazing unit in one of the shed doors. The mower decided to fling a stone through it yesterday afternoon. I wasn't best pleased!

If you are nearly off the Morphine Gordon that must mean it is almost time to start on the red laughing water. :drinks:

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

a fairly early (8.00???) start tomorrow to see the Cathedrals Explorer pass through with a pair of Black 5s - should make for interest on the 1 in 94 of Ripley bank, especially if the train is routed via the platform road, as there is a severe speed restriction to regain the up through.

Morning All

Well it ran - and boy did it run - due to pass at 09.15 and the through road was pulled off at 09.03 - was already early and passed about 09.10 with the drivers really giving it some stick trying to run the bank - judging by the speed they were doing, I think they managed it. 40 seconds of real steam thrill as the special hammered through - evoked a lot of memories, I can say, Sir William Stanier would have been proud. The big let down was, as usual, not the locos which were well turned out, but the motley selection of Mk1 and Mk2s trailing in a variety of colours - oh for a full rake of maroon or blood and custard - and this was a premium tour, fares of well over £1000, so I think the punters might have been given a better deal there.

Other than that, not really a lot to say but great to hear from Gordon that the morphine is almost finished and Mick that the rabbit seems to be a bit better.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Morning all (sic)

Picked a couple of parcels from the sorting office this morning (hence no oktareport).

I can see myself settled in an armchair tonight with a cuppa and reading about Dave's favourite locations.