The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just to be different, I'm shortly off to bed (after the usual final wotsit).

St. Paddys today (which is big over here - about half NYC Cops still consider themselves Irish). Tomorrow it may reach a balmy 70f (sounds a lot better than 21C, sorry can't abide centigrade for Weather only for science). Probably snow again next week.

Iodide selling out on the West Coastblink.gif.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I'd quite like to go ANYWHERE in Summer.

Family commitments don't permit.

After a few unfortunate experiences taking family (other than wife, child (or dog)) I said I'd rather not go on holiday. I wonder what Matthew will be writing about me in a few years!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

That's an absolute cracker of a clip Gordon. I always loved the Muppets and that one made me laugh outloud. Somedays you really feel like the guy in the middle, just want to do something a bit different and freestyle.

Morning All,

The last couple of days I seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out which laptop 'puter to buy. I've had 15+ years of being handed a new one every 2 or 3 years and not having to think about it. With the end of gainful employment in sight I have to go out and buy my own! How unreasonable.

Have a good one.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The last couple of days I seem to have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out which laptop 'puter to buy. I've had 15+ years of being handed a new one every 2 or 3 years and not having to think about it. With the end of gainful employment in sight I have to go out and buy my own! How unreasonable.

Matthew has this. It has survived life in a student's room. He doesn't take it to campus though. He has a Samsung NC10 for that. Aditi has the older i5 processor fitted version of the Sony laptop. She has taken it out and about but has used it plugged in so I've no way of knowing how good the battery life is for the Sony laptops.

Tony

Having suffered with Vista for a year, I abandoned ship and bought an iMac, and a year later, a MacBook Pro. I can't recommend it highly enough, battery life is excellent, and it foes everything I ask it to (unlike the Vista machine I used).

I know the Apple environment isn't to everyone's taste, and that their equipment is double the price of a similar PC but I think the lifespan is likely to be double that of a PC, from my recent experience. As usual, no connection other than as a satisfied user.

Welcome along to the two new ERs too. And who are you calling an old fogey Gordon?! ;)

Is it me, but everytime I hear the news from Bahrain and Manama, I keep bursting into song............:D

That cracks me up every time I see it :lol:

It also became a bit of an in joke in some of our meetings at work a while ago, every time some said "phenomenon"

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Welcome newbies.

I've got ten minutes at the end of computer based training, so grabbing the opportunity to say hello to everybody.

Dull here but at least not too cold.

I've caught up on the drivel informed discussion now, and hope to be visiting a bit more often than I have been doing of late.

Regards to All

Stewart

Guest Max Stafford

It was wet and murky up here again this morning and although there are many, many people currently in much less enviable positions in the world today I did find it a bit tedious. Like I say much worse is afoot elsewhere but we've had virtually continuous rain up here since the beginning of January and there's standing water and mud all over the shop. It's a bit dispiriting at times slipping and sliding through it if you're walking or running.

That said, it's not a patch on what those poor folk in Japan are having to cope with so let's be grateful for small mercies. In any case, hazy sunshine is breaking through now. :)

Hell, this posting is starting to sound like something from Tom Lehrer...! ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Not watching it but keeping a close eye on the live text on BBC website. No chance of England giving us a nice quiet easy win, is there?

You must be happy (relieved?) now!

Guest Max Stafford

I'm pushed to remember a time when we weren't at war now.

Still, may those tasked get the job done quickly and decisively and get home safely.

Dave.

You must be happy (relieved?) now!

I was! Just watched the highlights. Some spectacularly stupid throwing away of wickets from both sides, and some amazing hitting from the West Indian batsmen. Couple of superb catches and some brilliant bowling. Definitely edge of the seat stuff.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Weather does look as if it could yet go any way. It's not exactly cold, however, and predicted to be fairly mild for the next several days as well. We may be going to the Surrealist exhibition which is currently taking place in Frankfurt tomorrow.

Have a good Friday all!

70f in Gotham City is expected today.

Yesterday I sat on the bench in our garden with the dog enjoying the "just right" breezes and pondering the work to get the garden straight........ending up sitting out there for an hour, not a cloud in the sky.

Best, Pete.