The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening all...bit late on parade as well as being awol for quite a while...been sat watching jack building all sorts on mine craft fingers like lightning scarey for a 4yr old....blissfully unaware of the nutters trying to destroy everything in there path my mum said we had Hitler 60 odd years ago now this lot it's a pity we can't just get along...

• RMweb Gold

Well what a trip so far today.

Plane was an hour late arriving at the gate.

Just about everybody on board and ready to go by security stopped a Muslim woman and kid on the Sky bridge do we had to wait a while longer till they were allowed onto the plant.

Do about 1 hour 20 late departing. Luckily our connection was also late. Quick through immigration but then a very long walk and then had to queue up to go through Canadian security. They wanted to have a search in my bag. Cut myself on a staple on the Rapido uncoupling pack. Couldn't get everything back in the bag. Guess where our gate was, yep the furthest one for security. Sent my other half off in front yo try and hold the plane whilst security looked at the LPG tank car the all the detail bits etc.

Made it but only just found space on the plane for our bags.

This is a two hour fifteen minute flight. Nice little Bombardier CRJ 705 jet with 2 +2 seating.

Only the odd glimpse of the Rockies do far due to cloud cover.

Booked a car rental for tomorrow so we can try and visit some Canadian rail yards before we fly home.

Beer tonight , a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Tony is now on the run - with Essex’s Finest on his tail... :triniti:

Best, Pete.

Already in Hampshire. This time tomorrow on the high seas heading for somewhere that isn't in the EU, (not the Isle of Man though!)

Tony

• Like 14

Evening all

I'm guessing, but the god (note the small 'g') in whose name these atrocious acts are carried out is the god of terrorism!

Well what a trip so far today.
Plane was an hour late arriving at the gate.

Just about everybody on board and ready to go by security stopped a Muslim woman and kid on the Sky bridge do we had to wait a while longer till they were allowed onto the plant.

Do about 1 hour 20 late departing. Luckily our connection was also late. Quick through immigration but then a very long walk and then had to queue up to go through Canadian security. They wanted to have a search in my bag. Cut myself on a staple on the Rapido uncoupling pack. Couldn't get everything back in the bag. Guess where our gate was, yep the furthest one for security. Sent my other half off in front yo try and hold the plane whilst security looked at the LPG tank car the all the detail bits etc.

Made it but only just found space on the plane for our bags.

This is a two hour fifteen minute flight. Nice little Bombardier CRJ 705 jet with 2 +2 seating.

Only the odd glimpse of the Rockies do far due to cloud cover.

Booked a car rental for tomorrow so we can try and visit some Canadian rail yards before we fly home.

Beer tonight , a 15 minute walk from the hotel.

With all those flights you've reported recently, that's one heck of a pub crawl! 15 minute walk there, thirty minute stagger back!

Have as good a night as you can in the prevailing, and your own, circumstances.

Edited by JohnDMJ
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Already in Hampshire. This time tomorrow on the high seas heading for somewhere that isn't in the EU, (not the Isle of Man though!)

Tony

Norway, or at least 4 Norwegian ports.

There will be a train journey though! I think it is going to be cool cloudy and with frequent showers but I will be quite content. In the two bigger places we stop there will be acquisition of Troll toys for tiny nieces. I have received good advice on Troll purchase from a fellow ER. Amazing resource this bit of RMWeb.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Tony, the guy must be one of those 'Ronnie Wassisname' jobs from you tube!

A rainy/sunny/rainy/muggy day here, spent mostly r/c fitting IoM railway 'Mannin' locos.  I'm getting bored of them......but it pays the bills.  Lovely model, I am quite tempted.  Mrs NHN however moderates that temptation by pointing to the card bills from our holiday.....#sigh#

Had the news last night that a friend Dave Holroyde had passed away, a leading light in Industrial and miniature railways.  Another good guy gone.  The evening improved when opening the mail to find a cheque from some people we lent some money to 'some time' ago, to save repossession of their business.   This had been half repaid some time ago, but we had basically written off ever seeing the rest - and there it was.  We looked back, and it had taken 11 years to be repaid!!!  Not quite the friends we had hoped they were, but we are just still on speaking terms.

It seems to me they must have had some principles if they repaid it without being chased perhaps they have only just been able to do so. A lot of people would have thought after this long we can just forget it.

So now it must be holiday bills or a new loco hard choice.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone.

The forecast eyelid inspection did indeed take place and they passed the inspection too.

Today we had all four of our daughters (ages 16, 8 and twins who are 7) children around for tea. We don't normally have them all round together, as the eldest Charlie usually comes round on his own. But today he decided to join his younger siblings as he hasn't been for a few months. I got the impression that he'd wished he hadn't, as it was the usual mayhem here.

Ava was tucked up in bed just before 9 o'clock, after that we caught up on a bit of recorded TV, me with a glass of FIREBALL and a Brandy and coke for SWMBO.

Duncan. Hope your feeling better tomorrow.

Tony. Have a good holiday.

Goodnight all.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Final car parking duty tonight and fully ready for problems with c*ckwomble drivers and then two big coaches turned up carrying all the kids....... So it looked like a very quick and quiet night.

Until the kids started straying well away from the area outside their function room. The kids are actually invited to these events and have to "fulfil the criteria" according to the school staff. There were a couple that had turned up that hadn't met the requirements.

One lad wandering around who it turns out was nothing to do with the school, so the staff were a bit on edge. He spent quite awhile trying to hide from school staff. Eventually turned out he was a boyfriend of one of the kids and it looked like they shouldn't be together.........

Then a car load turned up in a rented prom vehicle, despite being told by the school staff not to. One of them was sent home because he was inappropriately dressed - dress code was suit and tie for the lads. He just had trackies and trainers.

Another group also turned up in Merc G wagon who wasn't pleased when he had a cone kicked in front of his car to slow him down, despite being asked to be careful on the wet road. He was quite upset because his passengers had asked for some "noise". Not at the expense of my feet and legs I'm afraid.

Then the fun started finding a large group of pupils way beyond where they were supposed to be, possibly disturbing the other hotel guests. When asked to move back to their event, it was clear that there was another uninvited guest who had brought five bottles of alcohol. Long story, but one of the kids was asked to leave by the school staff as he was now very clearly drunk. He refused to give them his phone so they could call his parents to collect him. He even ran off down the car park, but they eventually loaded him into a car with two members of staff. It later transpired that about 4 miles away, he jumped out of the car at a set of traffic lights and ran off.........

The two previous that had been kicked out and the one supplying the alcohol (who was a previously excluded pupil) still lingered around and eventually our friendly boys in blue turned up to move them on....... I believe there may have been questions asked about supplying alcohol to under age.

Quite an eventful evening after promising to be the quietest of the dozen prom nights.

I need a night cap.

FORE! at about 11am tomorrow.

G'night all.

Cheers,

Mick

Hoping to go to Prairie LA Portage where both CN and CP cross each other.

Apparently more than CN and CP cross over in Portage la Prairie.

Courtesy bus to hotel, checked in and bus to pub. It's not a brew pub but just look at that selection and there's another set of taps aswell as these. This could be a long night.

Er, aren't you supposed to be on the other side of the bar?

Yawn.  Good morning one and all.

Brief visit today - off to Bath betimes.   Will worry about parking when I get home so no change there.

A bit of triffid removal yesterday morning, a rest in the afternoon, spasmodic coughing and yet another malfunction of my digi box.  This time it would not change channels when commanded.  The only fix is to switch off and on, which wipes all requests to record.  PITA.  Serves me right for watching too much TV, I suppose.

Best wishes to the ailing, recovering, supporting, grieving, missing and depressed

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from a bright Charente Maritime. Back from the Limousin region to do some final things at the house before setting off home tomorrow. We had a good journey home then called at the bar to book our evening meal and ended up having lunch there. Got home and sorted some things out. The boss then sunbathed whilst I painted part of the shed floor (See the layout thread). Then in the evening back to the local bar for a nice meal before a quiet evening in. As we got back we found a pair of Hoopies in the fruit trees, a nice sight.

Anyway this morning we are off wine buying and then it's some final jobs before packing.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 11

Courtesy bus to hotel, checked in and bus to pub. It's not a brew pub but just look at that selection and there's another set of taps aswell as these. This could be a long night.

Very impressive.

Shame they are all served by the same pipe.

• RMweb Gold

Who would have thought that so many variants of p** could be on tap?

(You can tell it's 'summer', I'm back on cider)

I note that Mick's stint as meet greet and don't park there associate, seems to have come to an end without too much in the way of incidents.

Not being a party person (according to my mother) I cannot understand the obsession with the School Prom.

Surely a ghastly import form the USA?

In my day we were so grateful to get out of school, that we would never have thought of going back to a social function after we had been released.

Unless it was by helicopter, preferably an AH64D, which was 'cleared hot'.

• Like 9