The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Shouldn't really mention it but I will, one of our near neighbours is, how shall I put it? a "glamour" model and (I am reliably informed by my mate who lives next door to her) often has photo & film shoots in her garden.

Does he sell tickets? :paint: :mail: :imsohappy:

• Like 4

And the midges are here as well. Needless to say, I will be fully clothed for planting of seeds today. Having said that, the midges are choosy about who they bite, as Mrs G gets loads of bites when fully wrapped up, while I get next to none, even when I garden in shorts and T-shirt.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning, two days of dawn till dusk gardening/fence painting etc are complete all done clothed by the way.

Two days of running trains and modeling beckon in my mind as there is nothing to do in the garden at the moment!!

Enjoy your day

• Like 12

Morning all!

a rake of coaches - sounds like an old fashioned torture of some sort!

Even worse - hands up if you just need T scale!

And if it's G scale you need, are you sure you're not just bragging?

Big 10.25” Gauge....... 

From the 1940’s.....

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 10

Morning all. . . Didn't post last night as I was too knackered after a night of beer and guitar picking. . .If I keep this up, I might be able to play one of the bl00dy things some day!

Naked gardening program. . . .Charlie Dimmock presenting?

Naked calender. . . I'll cover my embarrassment with my 'N' J94.

Have a good day everyone,

John

• Like 12

And the midges are here as well. Needless to say, I will be fully clothed for planting of seeds today. Having said that, the midges are choosy about who they bite, as Mrs G gets loads of bites when fully wrapped up, while I get next to none, even when I garden in shorts and T-shirt.

May be spoken too soon!

Big 10.25” Gauge....... 

From the 1940’s.....

Best, Pete.

Now that IS bragging!

Morning, two days of dawn till dusk gardening/fence painting etc are complete all done clothed by the way.

Two days of running trains and modeling beckon in my mind as there is nothing to do in the garden at the moment!!

Enjoy your day

Where's the "jealous" button when you want it?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

S*dding laddo, grr.  He's gone off to footie (no doubt to watch his team further their headlong dash for relegation) and left me to take his car to the tyre sellers.  Originally he said 08.30 but this changed to 12.30 and Mrs Stationmaster also had it from him as an electronic communication - nuisance time but there you are.  At 0945 he rings up to ask me why his car is not down at Thamesview Tyres duly telling me it was supposed to be there at 08.30 - so off I charge and after they've finished breakfast the chap asks where the key is for the locking wheelnut; was that all out & ready, nah - of course not.  So I had to search the car and duly found it in the boot.  All done and dusted by 10.50 but what a carve up - and the place closes at 12.00 (laddo said on the 'phone this morning - 12.30).

That apart it's nice and sunny and too darned hot.

Have a good day everybody, I'm off for a teafill

I've got my van back with the fault cured. Frustratingly it was a stupid fault. Both brake light lamps had blown.

I've also managed to sort out the problem from this morning which means that I don't have to go to Swindon. It's amazing what the results are when the client realises that it will cost a fortune for a 20 minute job plus travelling time on a Sunday.

At least now I can raise a glass or three to Jock tonight.

I'm now going to inspect the inside of my eyelids for holes for a while.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Where's the "jealous" button when you want it?

For some reason, I was having the impression you had quoted the bit with the Big Ten Inch for your jealousy statement... :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Are you attempting to cause trouble?

Someone will want the Big Boy and someone will get stuck behind the tank engine!

Maybe a rake of coaches may be required!

What I really want to know is, how are all the curves going to be hiden?

A tunnel won't be much good.................................or will it?

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone. Well that's the dining room floor, rubbed down, tinted varnish added and awaiting several coats of clear varnish, but that will be tomorrow's job.

I've just finished a well earned cuppa, SWMBO has been doing a sterling job of keeping the tea flowing though out the day.

I will shortly be making us a chicken korma, (iL Dottore, look away now) but I'm doing the lazy version and opening a jar tonight instead!

Back later.

• Like 15