The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It's slippery as anything down here this morning! The temperature is around 1°C, but the roads are like glass in places. The company car park was like a skating rink.

I know what you mean about motorists Dominik - there are far too many idiots on the roads who shouldn't be let out in public. Still, that's life I guess.

I hope your job on the car will be fairly easy Tony. Sounds like it shouldn't be too bad - how many spanners does it have in the Haynes manual? If it is one or two spanners then it usually really is a pretty easy job.

At least you are able to replace just the reservoir. My Vectra had a similar hairline crack in the power steering reservoir (which was made of plastic) - the trouble was, you couldn't replace just the reservoir. The whole pump had to be changed :angry:. It ended up being sealed with gasket compound and was left alone!

Have a good day everyone...

I was trying to work it out. We started in the first incarnation of RMWeb. I think there were three previous occasions when we had to start up again. I was a bit slow off the mark with this one and Simon made the first post. Is this the current site the one where 15% of the total membership had their posts reset to Zero?

ER's posts are still there on the earlier site from March 2007 and I seem to recall there was the original site some two years earlier plus an update where we started again, so that would be four......and not a sensible word said in any of them. :)

Yes, I reckon you are right Gordon - this must be the forth incarnation.

There was the first one, which was the original RMweb site which if I remember correctly had custom forum software.

Then we went over to phpBB, and there were two incarnations in that form. It was around the time of the second that I started posting in ERs - although I was a member on the original forum.

Now we are on the forth.

That's a lot of words!

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't go along with the 'it has all been a load of verbals' some issues aired here have gone on to be topics elsewhere and provoked thought.

Rogue apostrophe hunted down and relocated.

Edited by skipepsi

• RMweb Premium

You're right Mick, but we're such modest souls we don't brag about it.....;)

Beneath the all the wittering, we're a very caring, sharing bunch....

It's a good job otherwise I suspect I would have been barred ages ago.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Don's forecast applies here as well but only if the 32 is Fahrenheit!

Robert, I'll see how many spanners the Haynes manual suggests! The temporary repair with the epoxy putty is holding at the moment.

I've got to go for a little drive to collect a couple of parcels that the postman tried to deliver while I was out shopping for Renault bits. I'd forgotten about the possibility of the van man as I already had a parcel (Thank you, Dave) delivered by our pedestrian postie.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I hope your job on the car will be fairly easy Tony. Sounds like it shouldn't be too bad - how many spanners does it have in the Haynes manual? If it is one or two spanners then it usually really is a pretty easy job.

One spanner!

Morning all. Had the alarm set for 6.30. Thought "five more minutes".

An hour and a half later... :) Good job it wasn't essential for me to be up early!

Had two flashes of lightning and some very loud thunder at 11.20 last night but no more, just heavy rain after that.

12,000 posts, eh? Wonder if I made sense in any of them? Gordon, you're right, this is the version where 15% were "culled". I was one of them!

• RMweb Gold

For some strange reason I always have a mental block with jubilee clips and want to call them Victoria clips.

The Clio clips aren't Jubilee but if the spring clips disappear they may need to be replaced with them.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Just caught up with the drivel educated discussion while in work VERY early, as Mrs 45156 got an urgent call to go in to her work today. Just as well I did, as I've had to sort out time off for a follow up appointment at the vet's in St Helens. It's most odd - the dog's right ear was manky, and we have been treating it, and her left ear was not too bad, and we were treating a yeast infection, and some little polypy things in the ear canal. Now her right ear's clear, and the polypy things in the left are worse than they were, and while the dog was asleep yesterday, the vet used a technique to inject steroid straight into the little blobby things. She's concocted some stuff that she thinks will work, but needs to see us in four weeks, so another 55 mile run down the M6 is indicated. Insurance pays the bills - but not the petrol!

I'll get on now, and will check in again later when I get home, as I now need to get to my own Dr for my annual diabetes checks.

Regards to All

Stewart

Morning, guys.

Well, the latest storm (now moving out into the Atlantic) proved to be something else.

2, 000 miles in diameter.

One spiral "snow band" was estimated to be 2,500 miles long.

24 inches of snow in Chicago.

70 mph winds.

We had "Freezing Rain" here which deposited .7" of solid ice over everything (bringing down 10 trees in our little road alone). This was officially an "Ice Storm" in NJ/NY/CT.

Accounted for 10 deaths.

An amazing 100,000,000 people directly affected by this storm in North America.

Have a nice day.

Best, Pete.