The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Not a lot to report here today, other than another boring trip on the boring bus to boring Lancaster - but that's where the shops are, and hence when stuff is needed, that's what has to happen.  Still, it's better than the alternative which is domestic stuff.  The one bit of fun today came courtesy of Lily, as we've decided to try the Bravecto, which is £60 for two tablets - ie a six month supply.  Now Lily is classed as a large dog as far as this product is concerned, and the tablets are huge - about the size of a Rolo or just a tad bigger, and they are described as being palatable, and accepted willingly by 91.7% of dogs - of course Lily is in the other 8.3% and refused the tablet when offered whole, or cut into quarters, and even when we tried wrapping it in Cheddar, she cunningly ate the cheese and managed to leave the tablet pieces.  Eventually, we got it down her by making little bread, butter, cheese and Bravecto sandwiches, as even more than cheese, she does like butter.  Took a while, and then we checked the calendar, to find that she needs her wormer next week,  Now this is meant to be palatable......

post-103-0-65892500-1438617113_thumb.jpg

Good to hear that Jock is a bit better, and getting the meds sorted out a bit.  Posts rated, and generic greetings to those who need/deserve these. 

Possibly back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 4

Sad news about Cilla Black, although I would not describe myself as a fan she was part of my youth.

We went to The Kings in Glasgow to see her in the '70s. I didn't think I was going to be all that impressed, but I was. She had the entire audience eating out of her hand - what a great evening it was.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

calmed down a bit but have explained to the man in charge that the plumbers are lower than racing snakes.  He agrees!

Been busy composing chucking together a club news letter followed by the demo list for Warley followed by timetabling the presenters in the theatre at Warley.

Modelling achieved today = 0 thats nothing, nowt , not a lot at all - hopefully better news tomorrow!

Hope everyone is Ok and staying out of mischief.

Baz

PS  its naughty  I know but...

post-7650-0-36109600-1438634598_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

MiL Saga:

As MiL was a long time in a bathroom, SWMBO investigated only to find that MiL had been wearing two pairs of trousers today.

The delay was her inability to deal with conflicting zips.

The village ladies gave her a tea party this afternoon which she seemed to enjoy.

Page marker - I seem to have run out of time to post.

Life 1, modelling 0

Running total;

Life 47

Modelling 0

Note to self to redress the balance.

Been a very busy day which certainly wasn't the plan.

Night all

Evening all!

Just back from the Albert Hall, Donald Runnicles conducting Mahler 5 with the BBC Scottish band. If Runnicles were foreign, we would be lauding him to the hills, but he's British so pretty much ignored. Actually, I think he is one of the best conductors around.

Batch painting five SECR wagons; so far I've been able to varnish one of them. Tomorrow morning will be painting the ironwork on the Hurst Nelson mineral wagon, I'll need a steady hand.

Bill

• Like 10

I was always told "never date a woman with facial hair".

Unfortunately many women have facial hair - in fact I’ve never met one without - but it is their little secret, no, my Dad said never to date a woman who had b@lls (or boils).

See posts im passim for comments re women called Amanda...

Best, Pete.

• Like 9

.......especially not with a woman.

The problem is that they don’t ask and then you find leg hair in the razor because they never think to hide their misdemeanors by actually cleaning the thing.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Unfortunately many women have facial hair - in fact I’ve never met one without - but it is their little secret, no, my Dad said never to date a woman who had b@lls (or boils).

See posts im passim for comments re women called Amanda...

Best, Pete.

Just to clarify.  I didn't mean 1 stray hair or bum fluff.  I meant a full grown beard!

Evening all,

The weariness is getting me down a bit tonight but I guess I shouldn't grumble, as I'm still here to grumble about it!

Mike(SM), I hope you and Mrs Stationmaster have a lovely cruise, and that the weather isn't too rough. Pity that the 'Patricia' doesn't have a web cam on the bridge, so that we could all follow your course. We have two younger neighbours who are entertainers on the cruise ships, currently in the Mediterranean on board the 'Ventura', and I find it rather nice to view the different places they visit. Their last cruise was around the Caribbean and the Southern Cities which was interesting. I also enjoyed following Tony and Aditi's ship on there trip through the Baltic to Russia - does this mean I have to wear an anorak?

Baz, I assume that you were responsible for weathering the Black5? What a beauty - brought back memories of many footplate rides with my father, the most memorable being (as I'm sure I've mentioned before) from Carlisle to Stranraer on the line known as the 'port road'. I have clear memories of the scary view from the 'Big Fleet' viaduct, looking down on the Water of Fleet, illuminated like a silver ribbon by the moon as it was - it seemed as high as looking down from an aeroplane to my young imagination and I quickly stepped back from the cab doors! Thanks for posting the image and setting me off on a 'magical memory tour'!

DD, how lovely to hear of the kindness of the ladies in your village. I assume they were fully aware of the MiL situation? The only time I can recall trying to wear two pairs of trousers, alcohol was heavily involved! It is difficult not to sympathise as the words "there but for fortune go you or I" spring to mind - the whole situation must be terribly upsetting for Mrs DD and your good self. I for one think you are both marvellous, the way you have strived to make her break enjoyable with your caring attitude. Doubtless your sense of humour helps a lot?

The first day of the week is almost crossed off the calendar, let's hope the rest of them bring what you desire,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night also you night owls!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

A warm welcome to a cold Tuesday :D

Booked off again today means I can enjoy the slow-cooked luxury of cross ants croissants for brekky with home-made jam.  

Positive thoughts to Jock who has at the least got a positive attitude even when being got down by meds.  

A quick check with the meteorological prognostications department suggests the delayed installation of the polycarbonate roof might not be delayed much longer - today seems perfect even if it's only 6C outside.

Best wishes and a steaming hot ER beverage of choice to all.

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 13

Just to clarify.  I didn't mean 1 stray hair or bum fluff.  I meant a full grown beard!

Oh, no you didn’t! 

Repeat ad nauseum etc.

G’night, Jock. Don’t you just hate it when your medicine makes you feel ill? I do.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic