The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very "breezy" all night and that's putting it mildly. Wind still blowing now but dry.Mild cloudy breezy morning with some drizzle  forecast but getting colder later.

Up early because I've had a rough night which at the moment is putting my visit to St.Albans in doubt so I'm not very happy.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Bluddy awful weather.

Never mind - we can reasonably expect sunshine in about six months.

Not looked at the News yet but yesterday seemed to unfold as expected.

Now (I hope) the episode is over what was the point of all that insanity?

Countless family and friends bereft, others with life changing injuries - all in the name of religion?

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Wet and windy here...

A lazy day of doing as little as possible beckons! (Once mug of tea has been drunk!)

Have a good Saturday.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 8

Bluddy awful weather.

Never mind - we can reasonably expect sunshine in about six months.

Not looked at the News yet but yesterday seemed to unfold as expected.

Now (I hope) the episode is over what was the point of all that insanity?

Countless family and friends bereft, others with life changing injuries - all in the name of religion?

....as many Muslims are saying....it is not in the name of our religion, suggesting that the hardliners are marginalising themselves even amongst their own faith. One has to accept that fanatics will use the flimsiest, though often with a religious slant, reasons to justify the most outrageous extremes.

Not sure what the answer is but I understand the adoption of zero tolerance/maximum retribution tactics in such dreadful situations.

Just back in off nights....a hairy journey with plenty of debris on the roads....the donkey's tail hasn't just fallen off, it is in a foreign country!

Enjoy what you do

Dave 

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71

Morning all,  Harmattan  [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmattan  ]  in full force here - worse than I've seen in previous years,  sky's a sort of musstardy colour.....and every things covered in dust! 

Slept  fairly soundly last night - then woke with a start just after six, realised that it was Saturday and headed back to the land of nod for another three and half hours! 

Lets hope the goes well. 

Trev

• RMweb Premium

Morning All,

Up early this morning in anticipation of a round of golf. At 10 past 7 my playing partner rang up to call off. Given that it is now blowing a hooley and raining I think that was pretty good judgement call. Oh well I suppose I'll have to go down to the shed (after I've walked the dog).

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning, and what a windy one it is.

I was up at sparrow's to take Jayne to the airport, the start of her big trip to the Falklands. Bless her, she was a bit nervous, of course it is the first time she has ever travelled on her own, and it's a big trip.  It's sad enough to make a robot cry.

I'm sure they guys at Brize Norton will look after her, she's flying RAF Economy.....only way apparently!

• Like 4

Phew! 70mph gusts and wintry showers make for an invigorating walk. 

Couldn't get to sleep last night, too wired after watching a 1983 Dire Straights concert recorded at the good old Hammersmith Odeon. I certainly think they produced their 'best' music in those first four years. It all got a bit 'popular' after that.

My first rally mini was a D reg and that definately had sliding windows.

Don't let the weather blow you away.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning from Estuary-Land. A bit blowy here and the garden wheelie bin is on its side and going to stay that way for the time being, or at least until the wind has abated. Sad news from France, as far as I am concerned it is not about religion but about the vanity of those who persuade and encourage such atrocities.

• RMweb Gold

Windy here in crewe, fancy going into the shed but im worried the roof may come off if the wind gets under it!!

So windy last night that they couldnt load my coal train in bristol so it was cancelled and i got a night off, ended up changing my shift though so now im working tonight instead but in barrow hill on the railvac which has a class 47 and 60 on it, unfortunatly i dont sign 60s so i can only drive the 47 (there is another guy on the 60)

Once thats done its into a hotel in chesterfield for a break before driving home sometime sunday evening

Got to drive over to chesterfield later but cant decide on which way to go, can go via the A50/A38 derby or over the top via congleton and the cat and fiddle which is 25 mile shorter but almost an hour slower!

• RMweb Premium

Windy here in crewe, fancy going into the shed but im worried the roof may come off if the wind gets under it!!

So windy last night that they couldnt load my coal train in bristol so it was cancelled and i got a night off, ended up changing my shift though so now im working tonight instead but in barrow hill on the railvac which has a class 47 and 60 on it, unfortunatly i dont sign 60s so i can only drive the 47 (there is another guy on the 60)

Once thats done its into a hotel in chesterfield for a break before driving home sometime sunday evening

Got to drive over to chesterfield later but cant decide on which way to go, can go via the A50/A38 derby or over the top via congleton and the cat and fiddle which is 25 mile shorter but almost an hour slower!

Do it the boring way or you may be dodging low flying sheep.